Especially me?

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


(Bae's p.o.v)

 

===

Sweatpants? Check!

Shirts and pants?... Check!!!

And most important of all, snacks! Che- Not check. I DON'T HAVE ANY SNACKS!!!

I looked around my room while running my hands through my hair. How do I not have any snacks?! Snacks are so important, maybe even more important than clothes? Okay, maybe not... But you know what I mean! I just need to go to the store-- What? You want to know why I'm packing? Shouldn't you know this stuff already-- Oh, right~ I guess you missed that part... Well, lucky for you, I'll explain everything that happened: 

I'm packing, so I can leave, and go somewhere... Okay, this is seriously what happened:

-Flashback-

(Author's p.o.v)

"What do you mean? You can't just give it away!" "I told you I can only hold off for a few days; a decision has to be made." Mark turned back to his friends with a sigh. Only 3 days had gone by since Vic passed away, yet they were already so concerned about the company-- they were at his funeral for goodness sake! Didn't these business men have any decency? Couldn't they hold off for just a few more days instead of bugging the family about it now? Mark couldn't figure out why they were in such a hurry.

"Vic stated in his will that he wanted his grandson to receive everything, so what's the problem?" Mr. Tuan shook his head while sighing. "He's still in high school, he can't run a company!" Vic's secretary, who came to pay his respects, stepped forward. "Mr. Tuan, I know it must be hard on you right now, and I wish that this could all just hold off for awhile-- Unfortunately this matter can only be pushed aside for so long-- Even if we just announce who's taking over and they don't even come to the company for 5 months, that's still better than leaving the company without a president."

JB placed a hand on Mark's shoulder, giving it a quick pat. "Guys..." Mark bit his bottom lip, hoping to forget the idea he had in his head-- but he knew all to well that he couldn't-- as much as Mark wanted to ignore it, he knew that he had to do this. "You trust me, right?" The guys hesitated before slowing nodding their heads, while Bae only raised an eyebrow, already taking a guess at what he was going to do. Giving her hand a gentle squeeze, Mark smiled down at Bae. "I-" "It's okay, just tell them." To his surprise, she smiled while gesturing towards Mr. and Mrs. Tuan.

Mark walked over to where his parents were and cleared his throat. "I'll take over the company." His parents, Vic's secretary, and some of the shareholders of the company whipped their heads towards Mark. "Sweetie, what are you saying?" Mrs. Tuan asked, wondering if her son had gone insane. "I'm going to take over the company in 3 years anyway, so I might as well start learning how to run it." 

"But Mark-" "Dad, please, let me do this. I already decided this the first night we were at the hospital." With one look, Mr. Tuan knew that Mark was serious. "Are you sure?" Mark gave a quick nod. "Then I guess it's settled-" Vic's secretary (Mr. Jang) pulled his hand back after hearing someone shout. "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

​"You can't leave me man, you can't do it!!!" Jackson wrapped both of his arms around Mark and squeezed him tight. "Dude, calm down. I'll still come back every now and then, and you can just take a plane and come and see me." Jackson looked up before sniffling. "That's like 2 hours away! How am I supposed to go through the rest of high school without you?!" Mark pulled away from Jackson with a small smile on his lips. "You'll be fine. Besides, I need you to stay here and take care of Bae while I'm gone; make sure she doesn't get into too much trouble."

--The next day...--

"I'm gonna miss you, hyung!!!~~~" Jb shook his head as he watched Bambam hold onto Mark and cry his eyes out. "Is Bambam serious? It's not like we won't see him again." Jb clucked his tongue before turning over to Jr., who quickly wiped his eyes. "Oh my gosh, are you crying too?" Jr. snapped his head towards the older male. "No! I just got something in my eye..." Youngjae placed his hand on Jr.'s shoulder before opening his mouth to speak. "Don't hide it, dude, we're all going to miss him." Shrugging off Youngjae's hand , Jr. walked away while mumbling something to himself.

"I'll miss you too." Mark let out a soft laugh before gently pushing Bambam away. "I'll miss all of you guys." Mark looked at each of the guys before his eyes landed on the short girl at the end. It was only 7:30am, but they were already getting ready to board their plane-- the plane that Mark will not be getting on-- Making his mind up just last night, Mark decided to go ahead and stay in Taiwan since they were already there for the funeral. 

"Hey..." Mark mumbled, after walking over to where Bae was standing. "Hi." The two fell into silence (not the awkward kind) as they stared into each other's eyes. Finally deciding to open his mouth, Mark quickly closed it again, unable to find any words. Bae laughed softly as she took a step forward, reaching her hand up to pat the top of his head. "Don't miss me too much, Red." Mark grabbed Bae's hand and brought it down to his face, holding it in place as he leaned into her touch. "I don't think I can do that."

Bae's cheeks turned into a light shade of pink (though if you asked her, she would deny it in an instant) Mark closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again. "Behave while I'm gone." Bae jutted her lips out and furrowed her eyebrows. "What is that supposed to mean?" Patting her head in a manner that you do with your pet, Mark smiled down at her. "That means: don't hurt anyone, don't cause trouble, and don't tie anyone up." Scoffing quietly, Bae crossed her arms with a pout on her lips. "You're no fun."

"Flight 18 is now boarding." The guys sighed as they grabbed their luggage, giving Mark one last hug. "Bye, man. I'm gonna miss you." Jb gave a quick hug before walking through the gate. Jackson let out a long (looooong) sigh, wrapping his arms around Mark. "Don't make any new best friends while I'm not around." Laughing softly, Mark patted Jackson's back before hugging him. "You know I won't do that." 

The rest of the guys said their goodbyes before walking through the gate. Most of them were handling it well, while some were on the brink of tears (I'm sure you can guess who) Mrs. Tuan wiped her tears away and hugged her son, saying how much she would miss him and that he needed to take care of himself and stay healthy. "No wild parties, okay?" Mr. Tuan said, immediately laughing at his own joke. Mark wrapped his arms around both of his parents and pulled them closer. "I'm going to miss you guys." He mumbled, leaning his head on his mother's shoulder. "We'll miss you too."

"-Sniff- It's so emotional!~" Jackson wiped away his non- existent tears before grabbing onto Bambam, who also pretended to cry (or maybe they really were crying... -shrugs- who knows) His parents waved as they walked through the gate, joining the guys who were waiting patiently. Mark watched as Bae walked forward until she stopped right in front of him. "I need you to promise me something."


Mark raised an eyebrow and hummed, wondering what she wanted him to promise her. "Whenever you have free time, you have to call, video chat, or text me! You have to, so I can know that you're doing well..and stuff." She mumbled, thinking how stupid she sounded. Mark stared down at her with a soft, loving smile on his lips. "I'll call you every night." Bae looked up at him before sticking her pinky out. "Promise?" Mark quickly wrapped his pinky around hers, chuckling at how cute she was. "I promise."

Grinning happily for a few seconds, Bae went back to a serious expression as she stuck her thumb up. "Now seal the promise with a stamp." Mark raised his eyebrows in amusement before nodding his head. "Okay." Leaning down, Mark kissed Bae's lips for a few seconds before pulling away. "Is that good enough?" Bae shrugged while putting her hands up. "I guess that'll work." Mark wrapped his arms around her and leaned his head on top of hers. "You're crazy." Bae sighed softly as she wrapped her arms around him as well. "You're crazier." I guess you could say that was their way of saying 'I'm going to miss you' but you could also say that it was just them telling each other that they're crazy (and they are) It's up to you, really.

Bae joined the others after walking through the gate, giving one last wave along with the guys. After they had already started walking onto the plane, Jackson turned around and cupped the sides of his mouth. "I'M GONNA MISS YOU, MAN!!!!" He shouted, not minding the looks he was getting.

"I'M GONNA MISS YOU TOO!!!" Bae and the boys smiled along with Jackson after hearing Mark's voice. "MARKSON FOREVER!!!" Jackson sniffled as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter