'Quiet type' ...HAHAHAHA!!!

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Bae's p.o.v.)

===

It hurts...

It hurts so much.

My heart, it feels so heavy.

If only I had known about this sooner, I wouldn't have had to go through this much pain.

I placed a hand over my heart, feeling the pain increase. My parents continued with their story, completely unaware of what's going on inside of me. I opened my mouth, hoping to get the one word on my mind out. "W-W..." I spoke, though it only came out as a raspy whisper. My parents stopped mid sentence and looked at me, a concerned expression spreading across their faces. "I need..." I started smacking the table as I patted my chest, my eyes beginning to get teary. "I NEED WATER!!!!" 

My mother quickly grabbed the glass in front of her and handed it to me. I quickly gulped down the liquid, coughing loudly after doing so. "Sweetie, what happened to you?!" I leaned back in my seat as my breathing slowly went back to normal. A pout stretched across my lips as I pointed to the bowl of watermelon. "I swallowed a seed, and it got stuck in my throat." How could they not notice? I was practically dying right in front of them!

"Oh, good!" My mom heaved a sigh of relief. Um, what? My jaw fell slightly as I continued to give my what-is-that-supposed-to-mean look. "I didn't mean it was good that you were choking! I was just glad that you weren't upset about what we were saying." Upset? does my mom not know me at all?

"You've told me everything you wanted to say, right?" I leaned forward in my seat after my parents nodded their heads. "I was adopted at birth... I might be mixed.. And Hyomi and Daeho don't know about it. That's all, right?" My mom and dad looked at each other before slowly nodding their heads. "Okay. I just have one question about all of this..." My parents gestured for me to continue, I could tell that they were getting nervous. "Was I..." 

The nervousness became more evident as they waited for me to speak. "...Dropped off by aliens?" My father fell back into his seat and covered his face, slightly shaking his head. What? I think that question is pretty important.. Don't shake your head at me! "Bae, of course you weren't. You're completely human." My mother smiled, probably expecting to see a sign of relief from me.

Dang it! I was really hoping they would say 'yes'! Being dropped off by a superior race is the only thing that would make sense, I mean, seriously? My looks are out of this world (hah,) I'm one of the smartest students in school, the awesomeness that comes off of me is much too powerful for the beings around me, which is why I stay away from them (and I  don't like them,) I've had multiple dreams/thoughts of taking over the world and ruling over every one- all of this adds up to one conclusion: I was definitely dropped off by aliens. 

"Sweet heart, you shouldn't think like that anymore. You're not alone now, you have the boys as friends~ There's no reason for you to think that you're unusual or inferior compared to the students in school." 'Inferior'? Inferior my ! I'm definitely superior to all of my classmates. Soon enough, they'll all be bowing down to me! Heh heh heh heh~

My mother smiled happily as she continued, not even bothering to notice the disgusted looks I was giving her. "You've been so much better recently! I used to worry about you a lot; you'd come home every day with a new note from your teacher, saying how you disturbed the other students and scared them.. But now that's all changed, you even have a boyfriend!~" -GAGS- Ew! Am I that horrible of a person?! How can my mom not worry about me anymore?? I'm still the same! I scare my classmates and disturb them just like before!~~ The only thing that's different about me is that I have the guys around, but they definitely haven't made me 'normal' (gross) if anything, they've made me weirder, which I'm okay with! Being unusual is cool, yo!

​"Is that the only question you wanted to ask?" My father stood up from his chair, fixing his tie. "I need to head to the office soon, I have clients that will be there in an hour." I pulled my knees up to my chest as I watched my mom stand up as well, walking over to the sink. "I have one more question.." I might as well throw it out there, otherwise the curiosity will kill me, just like it did with the cat (poor fluffy~)

"You guys aren't planning on getting rid of me, right? Like returning me or something like that.." My mom and dad whipped their heads towards me, shouting in unison "Of course not!!" My mother gently caressed my face with a soft smile. "Sweetie, we would never do that. We love you, you're a part of this family." I knew she would say something like that. Seriously? Who would want to return me? Even though I expected those words from her, I still felt slightly relieved.

"Bae, come with me for a minute." I got up from my seat and followed my dad towards the front door. "Have a seat." Without question, I took a seat on the porch swing and moved over, making room for him to sit down as well. "You know, despite what your mother says, I think being a bit unusual is a good thing. I'm glad that you don't blend in with all of the other students." My dad took the seat beside me and patted my head, smiling genuinely. "I love you, and I'm proud of you." A few minutes of silence passed by before my dad spoke again. "If you want.. I'll tell you about your father; your biological father-"

I quickly held up my hand and shook my head. "No, I don't want to know. You're my father, and you always will be." I jumped back slightly after I turned to the side, seeing the tears that were ready to fall from my father's eyes. "Appa? What's wrong?-" Before I could finish, he pulled me into a hug. "Not once, not one time, did I ever think of you as anything other than my daughter." Aw, crap... My eyes are starting to water! I can't cry now, the last thing I want is for my dad to start bawling with me.

I breathed in, stopping my tears from falling. "I love you too, Appa. And I know. You were always there for me, I couldn't have asked for a better father." I patted his back before pulling away."You need to get to work, you're going to be late." He frowned as he looked at me. "But-" "-No buts. You're the one who tells me to never be late for anything, are you trying to set a bad example?" I smiled after he rolled his eyes. "Alright, alright. So bossy~" My dad stood up and placed a kiss on my head, giving me one more smile before heading to his car."Have a good day at work~" I called, holding up my fists.

Man, that was close! I almost cried in front of him! I haven't cried since I was little, and that was only because someone stole my food! My mom told me that even when I was a baby I rarely cried, the only time I did was when I saw someone I didn't like. The guys have yet to see me cry, including Red, and I intend to keep it that way. The only way I'd let tears fall from my eyes now is if something happened to someone I love (I sometimes cry if I watch pandas on TV, eat a really good dessert, or look in the mirror (because I'm so gorgeous~))

"Yah~ How long are you going to stare off into space?" I snapped out of my daze and turned my head, staring at the familiar red hair. My eyes widened slightly as I looked him up and down. "Did you go running?" I asked, even though I knew the answer. How can someone look so good in workout clothes? He looks hot He looks hot. "Yeah, I just got back." Red plopped down in the seat beside me before wrapping an arm around my shoulder.  "Do I look that good? You keep staring at me." Yes, yes you do. "Yes, yes you do." What? I'm not ashamed.

He chuckled at my bluntness and pulled me closer, looking down at me. As soon I made eye contact him, I realized that his expression had turned serious. "What?" I asked, trying to sound as innocent as possible. I watched as his hand moved down to my face, gently caressing it. "Bae, be honest with me, are you okay?" I opened my mouth to say something, but quickly closed it again. I was going to say something smart-alec like usual, but with the way he's looking at me, I know I need to be serious. "Red..."

I turned my body slightly and cupped both of his cheeks , looking directly into his eyes. "I'm fine." He gave me a doubtful look before speaking. "Are you telling me the truth?" Without hesitation, I nodded my head. "Yes, I am. That night on the beach you wished for me to be honest with you, and I said I would, so trust me!" As soon as he opened his mouth, I squished his cheeks in between my hands. "Truuuuuust meeeeee~~" 

"Okay, okay~ I trust you!" He pulled away and rubbed his cheeks that were now bright red (hah) "I wasn't doubting you, I was just going to say that you're handling this extremely well." He glanced down and saw the confused look I was giving him. "Most people in this situation wouldn't be so calm, and I know you're not most people, but still.. you're human too." Well, we don't know that for sure...

"Red, I'm calm about this because it's not a big deal. I'm adopted, so what? That doesn't define who I am, nor does it change anything in my life. My parents are still my parents, my siblings are still my siblings, you're still my boyfriend and the guys are still my best friends; Nothing has changed." Before I could look up at him, he pulled me into his arms. "Of course nothing has changed." I closed my eyes as he pulled me against his chest. He gently ran his fingers through my hair, which I found extremely comforting. "I just want you to know that I'm here for you, whether you want a shoulder to cry on, or just for someone to be with you, I'm here." 

The smile stretching across my lips couldn't be stopped even if I wanted it to. I wrapped my arms around his waist before snuggling closer. "I know, and I'm thankful for that." I pulled away and looked up at him, letting my smile reach my eyes. "Are you trying to make me fall more in love with you?" I leaned in a bit closer, blinking a few times. "Is that even possible?" I let out a squeal after he started tickling my side. 

"Are you proud of the fact that you're driving me insane?" He tickled me even more, making it harder for me to pull away. "Maybe just a little bit~" I said, in between laughs. My eyes enlarged as I felt his fingers touch my neck. No! He knows I'm deathly ticklish there! He wouldn't, right? "No!!!" I squealed loudly, trying to pull away. "I won't do it.. if you call me baby." Like I'd ever call him that-

"Baby! Baby! Baby! Baby! Baby!!"

Ugh! I can't believe I gave in so quickly! He barely tickled my neck, yet I still gave in!!! As soon as I feel something brush against, or even near my neck I lose it! He now knows my weakness >_< "I like that nickname, you should start calling me that from now on." I immediately shook my head and closed my eyes, wagging my finger while I was at it. "Nope, Your nickname is Red."

"Are you sure it will be after today?" My eyes snapped opened after I heard the words come out of his mouth. "Of course! You'll always be Red, no matter what." Wait a minute, he's not trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter