I'll just show her

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's p.o.v.)

===

Mark let out a soft sigh as he felt the sun seeping through his window, shining directly onto his face. His first thought was to move to his side, that way he could get away from the sun light, but there was something preventing him from doing so. Nonetheless, Mark still tried to roll onto his side, only to feel a stinging pain on his forehead.

Despite his body telling him to go back to sleep, Mark's eyes slowly fluttered open. He definitely was not prepared for the sight in front of him, which is why his eyes were now very wide. Right on top of him, Bae laid on her stomach with her with her elbows propped, keeping her head up as she stared straight into his eyes. Her long hair was down and sprawled all over her back and shoulders, slightly messy (but still beautiful) Mark tore his eyes away from her hair and looked at her eyes, which were currently covered by her thick framed glasses that he absolutely adored. He must be dreaming, right? How could a morning be so perfect like this? 

Convincing himself that it was just a dream, Mark decided to close his eyes, wanting to enjoy every second of a dream with Bae in it. "You better wake up before I flick you again; it'll definitely hurt more the second time." Mark held back his smile as he kept his eyes closed. *So this isn't a dream?*  

Bae let out a huff before poking his forehead, over and over again. "Come on~~ I know you're awake! You were just looking at me!" Her eyes narrowed as she saw a smirk form onto his lips. "Yah~" She called, lightly smacking both of his cheeks. "If you don't open your eyes, I'm going to sing!" Mark didn't open his eyes, of course.

"Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~" When Bae saw that his eyes were still closed, she moved herself closer to his face and continued her song; raising her voice a little bit. "Happy birthday dear Red- Who no longer has red hair- well, it's still sort of red~ Happy birthday to you!!!~~" The small smirk on Mark's lips had officially become a smile after he peeked one eye open. "Good morning, birthday boy~" Bae cooed, batting her long eyelashes.

"Morning, beautiful." Within seconds, Mark had his arms wrapped around her waist, bringing her that much closer to him. Bae stared into his eyes with a small, content smile. "You look cute, as always." Mark wasn't the least bit surprised when he saw a smirk take over her smile, and the words 'Of course.' slip out of - After all, it wouldn't be Bae if she didn't come back with a reply like that, right? 

Mark stared at her in amusement for a few seconds before rolling onto his side; bringing Bae with him. "I knew you would say that." He mumbled, leaning in a bit. "Oh? Did you?" Mark leaned in again, slowly, as if asking her if it was okay. When she didn't stop him, he pulled back, raising an eyebrow. "Are you really going to let me kiss you this early?" 

Bae blinked once and nodded her head. "Yep, this is your first present." Mark stared at her  in confusion before deciding to ask her his question. "What do you mean? What's my first present?" Pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose, Bae placed both of her hands underneath her chin- Looking absolutely adorable- "Me~"

Bae noticed his confused expression and quickly continued. "This means I'll let you kiss me, hug me, and call me shorty whenever you want, as much as you want." Mark wasted no time in leaning over Bae, causing her to roll onto her back. Slowly, Mark inched in. He stopped right before his lips could touch hers, eyes widening as if he forgot something. Quickly, Mark sat up, causing the  blankets to fall off of him (to Bae's  disappointment, Mark is not shirtless)

"Don't move! I'll be right back!" Mark pointed in her direction before running into his bathroom. Bae stayed in place on his bed, making herself comfortable while she was at it. Mark returned minutes later, looking more awake and refreshed than before. "You actually listened to me?" He asked, letting out a small laugh. Bae's expression was completely serious as she nodded her head. "Of course! I said I was your present, remember?"

A smirk quickly replaced the the small smile on Mark's lips. "Oh, I remember." Seeing the expression on her face, Mark decided to have a little fun (and by a little, I mean a lot) Mark jumped onto the bed and landed on his hands, allowing him to keep his weight off of Bae completely. Bae's eyes widened before she quickly went back to her serious expression

Mark watched in amusement as Bae closed her eyes and puckered her lips slightly. *Cute.* Gently, Mark leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead. Bae peeked one open, seeing that Mark was standing beside the bed. "That's it? Just a kiss on the forehead?" She asked, not bothering to hide her disappointment.

"Why? Do you want more than that?" Mark raised his eyebrows with a teasing smile. *Yes.* Bae turned her head to the side, ignoring his question. "You're my present, so I can do what I want, right?" After seeing a quick nod of approval, Mark reached his hands out. Bae blinked a few times before grabbing onto his hands, letting him pull her up to her feet. "What're you-" Before she could get the last word out, Mark wrapped his arms around her neck and pulled her closer, gently placing her head onto his chest.

Minutes passed by as they stayed in the same position. "Red, we need to hurry; we're going to be late." With his eyes still closed, Mark furrowed his eyebrows and asked "Late to what?" Bae attempted to pull away so that she could look up, but Mark only tightened his grip, making it impossible for her to do so. "Breakfast at Auntie's." Bae mumbled, giving up on trying to escape from his hold (not that she wanted to, honestly)

Mark took in one deep breath- taking in the sweet scent of her hair- before pulling away. "I need to get dressed..." Bae didn't move a muscle, causing Mark to raise one of his eyebrows. "...Which means you should go out." Bae plopped onto his bed and crossed her arms. "I'm staying right here." Mark's jaw fell slightly as he looked at her incredulously. "I didn't think you were that type of girl..." 

"I meant that you can get changed in the bathroom while I wait here. What are you thinking?" Mark shrugged and looked at her innocently. "I wasn't thinking anything..." With a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips, Mark placed his arms behind his back and leaned down close to her face (very close) "What did you think I was thinking?" He asked, tilting his head cutely.

Bae gulped as she stared into his big, brown eyes that were slowly boring a hole into her soul. Enjoying the reaction he was getting, Mark leaned in closer, making his eyes more puppy like in the process. Bae quickly leaned away, so quick that she fell back and landed on her palms. "Y-YAH! What're you trying to do?!" 

Mark stood up straight as he burst into laughter. "That really is your weakness... I'll have to remember this." Bae sat up and pointed her finger at Mark after he turned around. "I don't have any weakness'!!!" Mark spun on his heel and whipped his head towards her, and against her wishes, she flinched. Bae so badly wanted to wipe the smirk off of his face, but she knew that he was right: that was her weakness. 

"You were saying?" Mark chuckled as he grabbed some clothes out of his closet and headed towards the bathroom. As soon as he turned his back to go, Bae held up her hand 'gun' and muttered a few incoherent words. *What is wrong with me?! If that was someone else making fun of me, I would have punched them in the face! Or thrown them out the window or something!!! Why does he get away with everything? WHY DO I LET HIM?! I really didn't want to admit it.. but he really is my weakness- Not that I'll ever admit that out loud.* 

The second Mark stepped out of the bathroom, Bae looked in his direction, slowly shaking her head afterwards. "Don't wear that." Mark furrowed his eyebrows with a frown. "What's wrong with this? Are you trying to say I look bad?" He held a hand up to his chest, making it more dramatic.

Bae rolled her eyes while scoffing. "Please, you look good in everything, and you know that!" Mark grinned cutely as he looked in direction. "Do I?" A small laugh escaped Bae's lips after she shook her head disapprovingly. "Don't pretend you don't know!!" The innocent smile on Mark's face grew wider before he turned towards his closet. "I dunno what you're talking about~"

Mark reached his hand out to pull a shirt off of a hanger, but faltered when he felt something next to him. Slowly, Mark turned his head and looked down, only to see Bae standing right beside him (and by 'right beside him' I mean right beside him!) Instead of asking what she was doing, Mark simply raised one of his eyebrows, knowing it was pointless to ask a question that she most likely would not answer.

Before Mark could even turn to look at his clothes again, Bae shook her head. "Don't wear that, either." Mark let his arms drop to his side as he narrowed his eyes on her. "Why are you being so picky about what I wear?" Bae shrugged while looking up at him, giving an innocent smile. "Don't get me wrong, I always like what you wear, but it's your birthday today! You have to look even better than usual!!" Even though the words came out of , Bae still wasn't sure if it was even possible; how can he look any better when he's already so handsome/hot? 

Mark rolled his eyes with a small smile, shaking his head while he was at it. "If you're going to say no to everything I pick out, why don't you just choose something?" The second those words slipped out of his mouth, Bae's eyes lit up. She turned to him with a wide smile. "Can I???" Taking a few steps back, Mark nodded his head.

Bae quickly searched through his clothes, muttering things like "Not that." and "No." every few seconds. As Bae continued to search through the clothes that consisted of mostly black, her eyes landed on something red, causing smile to widen. Mark watched curiously as she reached out and grabbed the shirt off of the hanger, nodding her head in approval after doing so. "This, wear this." She quickly handed him the button up shirt before walking out of the closet.

*Breath, Bae, breath~* Bae reminded herself as she took a seat on the bed, already knowing that Mark was going to look extremely handsome in the clothes she picked out- He always looked handsome, so she knew that this was going to be dangerous.

Moments later Mark walked out of the bathroom, and just like Bae had thought, he looked amazing (amazing? More like jaw droppingly, lose your breath handsome!) Mark raised his eyebrows, trying to ask if the shirt looked okay, without using words.

Bae stared in his direction for a minute before speaking. "Dang, boy. You look good~ Can I get yo numba?~" She asked, while wiggling her eyebrows. Mark laughed as he made his way towards the bed. "You already have my 'numba'..." With a teasing smirk, Mark placed a hand on each side of Bae's head, slowly leaning down. "But you can have a kiss." He looked straight into her eyes, expecting a rejection to his offer. 

"Okay." Mark's eyes widened slightly as Bae placed a hand on the back of his head and pulled him down. His eyes widened even more as he saw her lips pout. "Wait, you're serious about wanting a kiss?" Sighing softly, Bae (unwillingly) opened her eyes. "Red, I don't joke when it comes to kissing hot guys." Mark tried to open his mouth to ask 'what?', but was quickly cut off when Bae pulled him down by the collar of his hoodie.

Mark held back his smile as he closed his eyes and quickly kissed her back. As soon as he turned his head to the side to deepen the kiss, Bae pulled away. "Okay, let's go~" Bae rolled out from underneath him and hopped off of the bed, causing Mark to let out a small whimper. "Don't give me those eyes! I already kissed you, what more do you want?" As soon as those words left , Mark opened his to reply. "I want-"

"-Nope, not happening." Bae shook her head and held up her hand, wiggling the finger that had the promise ring on it. Mark's cheeks immediately colored. "Yah~ What do you take me for?" Tilting her head slightly, Bae blinked a few times. "A guy... who's in a room alone with a girl." Mark opened his mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter