You're definitely weirder than me

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's p.o.v.)

===

"So... do you like live in a mansion now? Or a castle?"

Mark shook his head after looking at Bambam through the rearview mirror. "No, and no." He let out a small laugh, knowing that Bambam would ask another question. "Do you live in a big house?" Instead of answering the question, Mark pulled into a large parking lot and turned off the car, getting out first. "Wooow~ Is this whole building your house?!" Yugyeom looked up at the large building with his mouth opened, staring at it in awe.

"I'm not even going to answer that. Listen, I looked at all of the houses that the company was telling me to get, but they were all too much; I wanted something more simple." The guys and Bae nodded their heads, understanding where Mark was coming from. Youngjae glanced at the car before looking at Mark again. "Why did you drive? Don't have people who will do that for you?" Okay, maybe not...

Shaking his head, Mark walked into the large building and towards the elevators. The rest followed behind him, watching as he pressed the last number in the elevator. "You live on the top floor?" Bae asked, blinking a few times. "Yeah. Why? Are you scared of heights?" Poking her cheek, Mark smiled down at her, knowing just how much she hated it when he did that. Bae threw a scowl up at him, shaking her head after doing so. "No! I was just asking a question." In all honesty, she was a little scared of heights-- but she'd never tell them that.

"So even though you had the chance to buy a big house, you chose to get an apartment?" Jackson asked, making it obvious that he thought the decision was quite dumb. Mark nodded his head with a small smile, glancing at his best friend before walking out of the elevator. "Yeah. I wanted something simple, not a huge house that reminded me that I live alone."

The guys and Bae quickly followed behind Mark. Each of their expressions turned into slight frowns after hearing his reasons for living in an apartment. "It must've been lonely the past couple of weeks..." Youngjae mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. Pausing for a second, Mark reached into his pocket and pulled out his keys, unlocking the door. "Yeah..." The sad expression quickly turned into a smile as Mark looked back at Youngjae. "But you guys are here now, so it's okay." 

As Mark opened the door to his apartment, Bae and the boys jaws slowly dropped, staring in awe at the view in front of them. "This is what you call simple?!?!" They said, in unison. They couldn't believe that this was defined as 'simple' in Mark's mind-- this was way beyond any 'simple' apartment they have ever seen. 

"How is this an apartment?! There's even an upstairs!" Mark shrugged at Jr.'s question, stretching his arms out as he yawned. "It's the presidential apartment, that's why I'm on the top floor." Bae and Bambam shook their heads while the others continued to gape around. "When you said that you wanted something simple, I thought you meant like a one bedroom place with a crappy view and an okay size kitchen... not this!" Jackson watched as Mark shrugged once again, mumbling "I never implied that, you did." 

Bambam blinked a few times as he looked around the living room, his eyes landing on the nice kitchen. "Ooh~" And without a second thought, he walked straight to the fridge and opened it up. Gasping, Bambam's eyes widened as he looked at the rows of food (a/n: stuff like fresh fruit and vegetables, containers with meals like ramen, different kinds of soups, and salads (all homemade, of course) and let's not forget the top shelf that had at least 10 different kinds of drinks on it)

"It's glorious!~" Bambam grabbed a bottle of grape juice and a container of ramen before shutting the fridge and heading for the table. "Yah, Bambam, don't you think you should ask first?" Jb scolded, taking a seat next to him. Bambam looked up with a mouth full of cold ramen and blinked. "Heyungg, cwhan ey eet yur fewd?" (translation: "Hyung, can I eat your food?") 

Mark scrunched his nose up as Bambam continued to stuff his mouth, but nonetheless nodded. "It's fine, you guys can help yourselves to whatever you want." Soon enough, Jr., Youngjae, and Yugyeom joined them at the table, while Jackson and Bae decided to take Mark up on his offer and headed to the kitchen. "So, do you like have maids and butlers now? Do you have a private chef? Or do you just eat out every night?"

Looking up at Yugyeom, Mark raised an eyebrow. "No, no, and no. Why do you guys keep asking questions like that? Not much has changed with my life except for the fact that I work all of the time now, and that I'm alone most of the time..." He said, making sure to whisper the last part. "Dude, you're filthy rich now! How has is that not a life changing thing?!" Jackson took a seat next Mark on his left, while Bae took the one to the right of him.

"Trust me, being rich isn't as great as you'd think it'd be." Through the past 2 weeks Mark had been working everyday-- even on Sundays-- working all day, then coming home late at night to an empty apartment. It wasn't exactly his life long dream-- in fact, he hated it. If it were up to Mark, he'd give all of the money away and go back to being with Bae and the guys-- but he knew he couldn't do that... he had to stay in Taiwan and finish working there until he could move back to Korea. This may not be his dream, but he wanted to make sure he fulfilled his grandfather's last wish, even if that meant being lonely for awhile.

Coming out of his daze, Mark looked up to see that everyone was staring at him. He quickly cleared his throat and tried to think of something to say to get rid of the awkward silence. "So... how has school been?" Bae whipped her head to the side while furrowing her eyebrows. "Yah!" Seeing that was completely full of food, Mark gently pushed her forehead back. "Finish chewing first." Bae scowled at him, but still obeyed his orders and and quickly swallowed her food.

"Why are you asking them how school has been?? I've talked to you every night, which means I've told you everything that has happened to us that's even the slightest bit interesting! Do you not trust me or something?" Jr. leaned over to Jackson, whispering in his ear. "Imagine if she tried saying all of that with full." The two snickered, knowing that it would have been hilarious to watch her try.

Of course we can't blame Mark for not fully trusting Bae, I mean, she is Bae after all. Leaning down towards her, Mark narrowed his eyes. Bae didn't flinch, but Mark still shook his head. "No, I don't trust you about this." Opening to protest, Mark beat her to it and asked his question first. "Has anything happened at school that I don't know about? Or better yet, that I should know about?"

Seeing the hesitation of the guys, Mark 'tsked' flicked Bae's forehead (and yes, she did give him a displeased look for it) "Even after I used my wish for you to be honest, you still keep stuff from me." He shook his head, showing his disappointment. "Isn't there a way I can like, terminate that wish or something? Like a wish to un-wish your wish?" Ignoring her question, Mark focused his eyes on Bambam, knowing he would be the first to spill to him.

"Well... Something-" Bambam immediately shut his mouth after seeing the death glare Bae was giving him. Looking down at her, Mark covered her eyes with his hand and gestured for Bambam to continue. He was still afraid of Bae, having absolutely no idea what she would do to him. "I'll tell you later." Bambam mouthed to Mark, hoping Bae couldn't somehow see him.

"Let's do something. We came all the way here, so let's do something really fun!~" Yugyeom rubbed his chin, thinking of something they could all do. "Oh! Let's play hide and seek!" He suggested. The rest of the guys and Bae all gave each other a look before turning to Yugyeom. "What are we, 5? I'm not playing that game." Jackson leaned back in his chair, taking a sip of his juice box. (Yeah, I know:b) "Yeah.. I think I'll have to pass." Avoiding eye contact with Yugyeom, Jb rubbed the back of his head. "I'm a man, and men don't play kids games like that." Jr. and Youngjae gave Bambam a look (a look that says 'what the heck are you talking about?') before coming up with reasons for not wanting to play the game.

"I'll play." Yugyeom perked up at those two words and looked up at Bae, smiling widely. "Really?" Smiling back, Bae nodded her head. "Of course!" Mark raised his hand, agreeing to play as well. "That's 3 people! Come on, we don't need the rest to play with us!" Bae and Mark stood up, waiting for Yugyeom to do the same. The guys that remained at the table watched as the three walked over to the couch, laughing about something that one of them had said. 

"Hide and seek, is a kids game..." Bambam mumbled, it coming out more like a question than a statement. "Yep... totally lame." The guys looked at Jackson, blinking a few times. 

5 minutes later...

"I'm counting to 60!! Go!!" Jb closed his eyes, starting to count out loud. "1 2 3 4..." Quickly, everyone ran in opposite directions, looking for the perfect spot to hide (and yes, I mean everyone-- you already knew they would end up playing:b) Bambam looked around for second before walking over to one of the cabinets in the kitchen, opening it up to find Bae sitting inside of it. "Shh~ Go find another spot!" Making a face, Bambam gently shut the door and ran upstairs, heading to look in one of the bedrooms.

Bambam walked in the first bedroom (which he guessed was Mark's room) and walked up to the closet, hoping it would be the spot for him to hide in. Before he could even open the door, it opened on it's own and he was pulled inside. "What the-" A hand quickly covered his mouth before he could shout. "Shh~" Immediately, Bambam recognized the voice and calmed down, pushing the hand away from his mouth. "Hyung, why did you pull me in here? I didn't think you were that type of guy..." 

Even though it was dark and he that Bambam couldn't see him, Mark rolled his eyes. "Tell me what happened at school." Thinking for a sec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter