...And maybe something more

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Bae's p.o.v.)

===

Friendship... something I promised myself I would never have. When I was 5, I made the decision to be a loner for the rest of my life. "Friends? Who needs them when I'm cool enough on my own." I've stuck to this thought for 12 years, and it's worked pretty well so far. I didn't want anyone to be my friend, so I would scare people away on purpose (hints to where my weirdness AWESOMENESS came from). Everything was fine, I was happy with my life, but someone just had to ruin that for me. He came into my life with no warning, and has made it clear to me that I need to step up my game. Usually people get scared of me on the first meeting, but not this guy. I accepted him as my 'friend' with the plan of getting rid of him for good. unfortunately for me, that didn't work. I tried hard to scare him away, and that is something I never thought I would say. Like I said, it usually didn't take any work on my part to scare people away. I really don't understand this guy. What is it about me that he likes so much?...--Pff! Who am I kidding??? How can he not like me? I'm fabulous. The only reason I've gone without friends this long is because it's what I've chosen. 

Only one week has gone by since I accepted Red's 'friendship'. At first, I thought nothing of it except for the fact that my plan was going to be in full swing. I never once thought that he would be so comfortable around me so quickly. I thought he was shy... Oh, how wrong I was.

I laid there on my bed, looking up at the ceiling-- letting all of my thoughts be free. Since it's the weekend again, I would usually just fall asleep and be finished with the day. That wasn't going to happen today. Something was in my way and awfully distracting-- so distracting that I couldn't even close my eyes.

I've had my eyes open without blinking for an abnormal amount of time. I'm not that great at staring contests, but if this was one...I would win hands down.

"Get off." I huffed out the breath I had been holding in and sat up.

"Yah. Get off of my bed~"

Red is currently laying down on my bed. His eyes are closed, and he's completely ignoring me. Has he no shame? We've only known each other a little over a week and he's already acting like this! One week ago when I said that I would accept his 'friendship'. He wasted no time in making himself comfortable around me. Starting from Monday until Friday, I would get home from school practically dragging myself. The first thing I wanted to do was sleep, but Red wasn't going to let that happen. He would drag me out to random places saying that he was unfamiliar with everything and that he needed my help. Usually one 'no' from me would be enough, but not for this guy. He dragged me out anyway. School was the only place I could clear my thoughts of him. Now that school is over for the summer, I have nowhere to run. 

I stood from my bed and wrinkled my nose. My bed is a queen size, yet he still manages to take up all of the space. Nope... I shook my head. Not in my house. "Yah~ You're taking up all of the space! And we don't even know each other that well!"

Red rolled from his side onto his back and opened one eye to look at me. "It's fine, I don't mind." And with that, he closed his eye and went back to his peaceful state.

Oh...he doesn't mind? I guess everything is fine then...--NOT! This guy really has no shame! That's it, it's time to bring out the guns.

I looked at both of my arms and nodded, ready to use my powerful weapons. I grabbed onto his arm and pulled with all of my strength. Prepare for your doom!!! Any minute now... Any minute he's going to fall off. Come on muscles! Don't fail me now!!! Why was I cursed with such weak arms???

I felt a slight tug on my arms, and before I knew it, I had already fallen on top of Red. Really? All he had to do was tug on my arms and I fell forward? Does he know how much strength I just wasted on trying to pull him up?! Not fair! Not fair at all.

I let go of my thoughts when I realized the situation I was in. If only I had just stayed in my own world -sigh-

My pokerface is usually pretty strong, but not in this case. I stared wide eyed at Red as I laid on top of him, wanting to slap myself for forgetting that he pulled me down. I was already on him for an amount of time I was nowhere near comfortable with. 

He gazed at me, yes... gazed. He didn't have the stupid bug-eyed look I had on my face, instead he looked rather charming. He searched my whole face, almost looking like he was trying to remember every part of it. That caused some heat to go to my face (not a blush though! I don't blush) 

He's so handsome... Every part of his face is just flawless. His eyes...his nose...his chin...his li--NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must escape from this evilness called charm!

I jumped off of the bed so fast that I landed on the floor, flat on my back. I winced from the pain, but quickly regained myself when Red turned and offered his hand to me. I stood up and covered myself. "Y-you!" I said, as I pointed at him. "What are you trying to do to me?! Just because I'm home alone don't think you can take advantage of me! I know karate!" I don't really know karate... I just know how to close my eyes and swing my arms like crazy-- I usually end hitting someone though, so it does work.

Red stood up and walked towards me, causing me to back away. He puts his hands up like he was under arrest (which he should be!) and stayed in his spot.

"Woooow~ It's okay. Why are you so freaked out?" 

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. How can he act like he did nothing wrong? "You. You're dangerous! Out of my room!" I pointed to the open window in which he came through in the first place.

He pouted, but nodded his head and went out the window, back into his own room.

I quickly shut my window and closed the blinds. I placed my hand over my heart and was surprised to find it beating at an abnormal rate. I sighed before sitting on my bed-- wait... what is wrong with me? I just let a boy make my heart beat! No... No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! this is unacceptable! 

I pulled my blinds away and opened my window, happy to see that Red was still in his room. "Yah." I called out. He looked at me with a confused expression before coming closer.

"Let's go somewhere, I'm bored." I said, as if I didn't have a care in the world. 

Red stared blankly at me before saying something that caused me to burst into laughter. "Are you bipolar or something?" Like I said, I burst into laughter. I grabbed my messenger bag and walked towards the door to my room. "Only a little bit." Yes, I would say my plan is still in tact. I will never give up! I, Chu Bae, WILL scare away this boy!

"Sweetie, where are you going?" My mom asked, after I walked passed the living room.

"I'm just going out."

"Oh~ I see. You're going out with Mark, aren't you?" Dang it. Why must mothers know everything?! 

"Yeah..." Even though it was only a mumble, my mom still heard me and giggled. "I knew you two would get along. I'm so happy that you're finally giving someone a chance." Oh no... she's giving me that look like she's about to cry.

"Mom, we're not friends. This is just a part of my plan to scare him away so I can go back to my peaceful life with Waffles where I ignore everyone and everything around me and keep taking care of my beauty so that one day a kpop idol will come and rescue me and marry me before taking me to a deserted island where my new husband and I will have dozens of kids so that the island can be filled with life! Don't you see, mom?" With the look that she had on her face, I knew it was going to take awhile before she came back to reality. I gave a quick salute before going out the door, with an evil smirk on my face. Works every time. Mwhahahahahah!!!

​Soon after I closed the door behind me, I saw Red standing at my gate. "Where do you want to go?" 

Anywhere, as long as you're taking me. "I don't know, I'm in the mood for a dessert." I can't say things like that out loud, but he can't read my mind, so no one is stopping me!!! MWAHAHA! 

He smirked and shook his head. "Aren't you always in the mood for a dessert?"

"Yeah, do you have a problem with that?" 

"No."

I held my chin up high and walked past him. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?"

I stopped in my tracks after hearing his voice. "Ummm..." Dang it. Why didn't I think of a place before I walked passed him coolly? That just just makes me look lame-_- I cleared my throat before turning back to look at him. "Just follow me." And with that I led the way, having no idea where I was going.

20 minutes later...

"Are you sure you know where you're going? We've been walking straight this whole time." 

No. I don't know where we're going. "Yes, of course! I'm not stupid, I know my way around this place." I continued to walk straight, not even bothering to look at Red.

This whole time we've been walking, I was looking at my feet. I looked up after a smell of fresh baked goods hit my nose. I stopped in my tracks, causing Red to run into me. "Why did you sto-- wow." Red took the words right out of my mouth. I looked all around the building, shocked that a place like this even existed. It looks like it came right out of a story or something. I put a smirk on my face before turning around. "See, I told you I knew where I was going!"

Red rolled his eyes and walked to the door of the building, mumbling something that sounded like "Sure you did..." 

 I'm sure you're wondering what the place looks like, so I'll describe it to you. The building it's self wasn't weird, but the fact that it was hidden by a bunch of trees and bushes did make it see a little odd. As we got closer to the building the scent became stronger.

"My gosh, what is that wonderful smell?" Red shrugged before we both ran to the door, practically shoving each other to get inside.

Sweet mama of all things sweet. I'm in love! This is like my long lost home~ I looked around in awe as I took in the sight of all the different pastries, desserts and fancy drinks. How could I not know about a place like this???

 

 (A/n: the building looks just like this, but surrounded by trees and bushes.)

(A/n: the front of cafe)

 (A/n: the back)

 

"What is this place?" Mark looked just as amazed as I did. It's like a food paradise!

"I don't know...but I'm going to find out." I walked to the counter, trying hard not to get too distracted by the sweets in front of me. "Excuse me, is anyone here?" I looked around until I saw a small bell beside the register. I perked up, excited to ring a fancy looking bell, but Red beat me to it. "Yah. I wanted to do that~"

"Oh, really?" I nodded my head. "I ll give it to you...if you can reach it." 

Wow... What. A. Jerk. He moved his arm up as high as they could go, ringing the bell with a huge smirk. I scoffed before jumping up, using all of my strength to try and reach that darn bell. I didn't want to ring the bell THAT badly, it's just that if someone challenges me...I won't back down with out a fight.

Even after using all of my strength, I only reached to the top of his head. May I remind everyone that he is like a giant compared to me! He's probably 5'10 which means I'm 8 inches shorter than he is! (a/n: she's actually 5'1 not 5'2~ She will lie about her height a lot, so remember this!) He laughed after my failed attempt, making me even more upset. This guy... He's just trying to annoy me! That's it... I'm going to get my revenge!

=

(Author's p.o.v.)

=

Bae backed away a few feet before running and jumping onto Mark's back. She hoped that her weight would cause him to stumble so that she could grab the bell, but she didn't even come close. 

Mark didn't move from his spot even after Bae jumped on him. She felt like a feather on his back, he didn't even notice the extra weight (I'm exaggerating a little bit) "Yah! Give me it to me-" Bae cut her sentence short after she saw that someone was now behind the counter, staring at them. "Umm..." Bae really couldn't think of anything else to say. She looked down at Mark, hoping he would know.

Mark shrugged Bae off of him and bowed at the women behind the counter. "Sorry if we're intruding."

The women (who looked like she was in her late 40's) smiled and waved her hands. "No, you're not intruding! I'm happy to see anyone come through my door. I am a little surprised to see that you found this place though. I just opened a few days ago, and it was very sudden so I didn't have enough time to put a sign up."

Bae watched Mark as he rubbed the back of his neck and smiled shyly. "Truth is, the scent from your desserts lured us here." The woman laughed along with Mark while Bae just stood there, awkwardly puffing out her cheeks. "Since you two are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter