At least it's better than the mall

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(JB's p.o.v.)

===

"Mom, do I have to go?"

Before I could even try to think of an excuse not to go, my mom pushed me out the door and slid a piece of paper in my hand. "Yes. Now, hurry up and leave! And don't come back until you get all of that stuff!~" My mom narrowed her eyes, closing the door on my face. "B-but--" Oh, who am I kidding? I was just asking for this. Today is a Sunday, the day that I would usually hang out with the guys and Bae or go out somewhere-- but since everyone was too busy to hang out with me, and I had no where that I wanted to go...I ended up just staying home, watching movies and lounging around all day. My mom ruined that for me though...saying that I was acting lazy and that I needed to do something other than lay on the couch.

"Aish... Seriously?" I grumbled, folding the list after reading it. My mom wants me to go grocery shopping for her (which I don't mind) and she wants me to go to a bakery for her (once again, I don't mind! (especially not this)) But going to the mall to get her stuff for the house? Why must I do that? Don't get me wrong, I love my mom-- but I hate the mall. It's just not my thing, you know? Lots of people...lots of stores...loud. Yeah, definitely not my cup of tea-- wait, I don't even like tea... You get the point though.

I guess I have no choice. I shrugged, deciding to just deal with it. I decided to walk to the mall, even though it's about 20 minutes away, I thought it'd be good for me, since I'm becoming 'lazy' or at least, that's my mom thinks. (Of course I'm not actually lazy though! I was just bored...there's a difference)

After the long walk, I was finally close enough to where I could see the large building. "Finally." I sighed, regretting my decision to walk here. It's too late now. At least now I can get everything at the mall first and then go to the other places.

I walked into the mall, not really sure what direction I was supposed to go in. Where do you find candles in the mall anyway? And why buy them from here? Why not a different store? Sorry, guys...I just really don't like malls.

Figuring that it was the best idea that I could come up with (well, the only idea I came up with), I nodded my head and walked straight, heading to the center of the mall. Looking at a map is my best bet, and there's bound to be one in the middle of the mall.

My eyebrows furrowed together as I watched crowds of people walk towards the center of the mall, right where I was headed. What are these people doing? And why are they doing it right where I need to go? Aish. I tilted my head up slightly, looking over the large group of people that stood around the stage-- wait, why is there a stage? What's going on?

"Hellooooo!~ Are you guys ready?~" I heard someone shout, to which the crowd screamed back 'yeah!'. I crossed my arms and sighed, narrowing my eyes on the stage. I might as well see what's going on-- it's not like I'm in a hurry or anything.

"We're going to start off this competition by choosing two people from the crowd and pulling them onto the stage, then they're going to battle it out for the prize, which will be revealed after the competition is over!~" Why would you do that? No one is going to want to get up on stage if they don't even know what the prize is-- at least, I wouldn't want to-- not that I'd ever do this kind of thing in the first place.

Everyone in the crowd started to raise their hands, asking the guy with microphone to choose them. Why would you volunteer for this? The prize probably . I 'tsked', shaking my head as I my heel to walk away. I feel bad for whoever actually ends doing it.

"You! How about you join me on stage?" I stopped in my tracks, waiting to hear the person that got called to go up on stage-- but I didn't hear anything. It was quiet, too quiet. I slowly turned my head, seeing that the crowd was already looking my way. You.Have.Got.To.Be.Kidding.Me. Nope, this has to be a mistake...I can't be the person that he chose! I'm at the back of the crowd! You're not supposed to notice me!

I looked all around me, hoping to see someone heading towards the stage-- but instead of seeing that, I made eye-contact with the guy on stage, meaning that he was already looking at me. "Yes, young man, I'm talking to you."He laughed, finding the situation funny. The crowd joined in and laughed along, giving me looks. You've got to be kidding me.

Scrunching my nose up, I raised my hand, getting ready to tell him that I didn't want to play the game (or whatever this is). "Okay! He's joining!" What?! No I'm not! I was rejecting the offer, not accepting it!

It was too late though, I was being dragged onto the stage. "Now you stand right here while we find someone to battle with you-- in a friendly manner, of course." The guy chuckled. I gave a half smile, not really feeling the 'happy' spirit that everyone else seemed to be feeling. Wow... Maybe it really was best for me to get out of the house... I sound so grouchy.

"Young lady~ Would you like to join this competition?" The mc asked, looking at the girl in the crowd. I followed his gaze and spotted who he was talking to. Raising my eyebrows, I watched as she lifted her hand up in the same manner that I did before, and I quickly shook my head. If you want out of this, just duck down and run away-- being over polite is where they get you.

"Okay~ We have our second challenger!" The girl got brought up to the stage (more like 'dragged onto the stage') looking as unhappy about the situation as I was. "Now what are your names?" The guy asked, fixing his glasses as he looked between the two of us.

"I'm JB." I lifted a hand, giving a small greeting. The girl looked annoyed, scrunching her nose up as she scowled at me-- wait, why is she scowling at me? What did I do? "I'm Da-hee." She muttered, looking away from my direction. Dude,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter