Wang, Jackson Wang

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's (short) note: Before reading this chapter, I want to explain something: in this chapter it's the day after the last chapter with Mark and Bae, so it's a Sunday-- yes, I know it's much later, but it still connects!)

 

 

 

(Jackson's p.o.v.)

===

"Dear Mark..."

'Dear Mark' ...That sounds way too formal. I quickly crossed it out and wrote something more comfortable. 'Yo, Mark!~'- you know what? Who needs to write letters anyway? I'll just video chat with him. I leaned back in the chair and looked up at the ceiling. I'm not in my room, if you're wondering... I'm in Mark's.

Of course his parents don't care! Don't be ridiculous. I wanted to hang out with people today, but everyone's busy! Bae is in Taiwan, JB and Junior had to go somewhere with their families, Yugyeom is with his girlfriend, Bambam is working (because that girl is), and Youngjae is doing something that involves a theater (he told me, but I forgot exactly what he said).

Now what am I supposed to do?! My so called 'friends' all ditched me and left me to die alone. What? I'm being too over dramatic? Excuuuuse me??? I'm never over dramatic. Like, ever.

I grabbed my phone and held it above my face, getting ready to call Mark. Hmm...what is that noise? I looked around the room, but I didn't see anything. Okay, I know I heard knocking! Either I'm losing my mind, or there really is someone knocking on a door-- it's definitely the second one...just saying.

Hearing the knocking sound again, I looked out the window and into Bae's room when I heard someone call her name. Her parents and Daeho know she's in Taiwan, so who's calling her name? The door to her room opened and a girl walked through, looking around. I've seen her before, but where? It's not like Bae has any friends that are girls, so who could she be?

As soon as she went further into the room, the light bulb came on (and no, I don't mean an actual light bulb)-- that's Bae's sister! I remember seeing her when we went to the beach house during summer. Bae's older sister...what was her name again? Hyemi? Hyelin? Hyosu?... I can't remember! I'll just call her Hyo for now *shrugs*

Now back to what I was doing! I unlocked my phone again, only to be interrupted...AGAIN! Blinking, I looked up at the window, keeping the same expression that I've had this whole time. Why is she staring at me like I'm some kind of alien? What's with the look she's giving me? I reached my hand out, opening the window. Bae's sister followed my action and lifted the window in Bae's room open. 

"Can I help you?" I asked, seeing as how she wasn't going to say anything. "Excuse me? You were the one who opened your window first." Tch, why is she being so rude? What did I do? You were the one staring at me! I'm just trying to be a nice guy and live a simple life. Whatever, I have no reason to fight with her about something so stupid. "Are you looking for someone? In Bae's room?..." She nodded her head, furrowing her eyebrows. "Yeah, actually I'm looking for Bae." She snapped her fingers, pointing one at me. "You're one of Bae's friends, right? I remember meeting you at that beach house."

Leaning back in my chair, I turned my head to her. "Not just one of her 'friends', I'm one of her best friends." I corrected. She nodded, looking like she didn't really care to know. Rude girl. "I have a boyfriend." She stated. I don't see why I would need to know that, but whatever.  "So...where's Bae?" I gave a look, wondering if she was serious. "She's in Taiwan...with Mark." Her eyes widened for  second before she opened . "'Mark'? You mean...the guy that lives in that house that you're in? Why would my sister be in a different country with our neighbor?"

"Are you asking to be funny, or are seriously unaware?" She's kidding, right? She can't NOT know that Bae and Mark are dating! It's been like 5 months since they've been going out (wow...it's only been 5 months? Why does it seem like they've been together for years? Maybe it's because they're sooo in love~)

"Unaware of what?" Yup...she really doesn't know. "Uhh...Bae and Mark have been dating for quite a few months now." I said, slowly, seeing how she would react. Oh, she reacted. Her eyes grew wide and she looked completely shocked. "You're Bae's older sister, shouldn't you know that?" I watched as she took a seat on Bae's bed and sighed. "Bae has a boyfriend?! And a really hot one at that..." Even though she mumbled the last part, I still heard it and rolled my eyes. I'm hot too...

"Yup. Bae caught a good one, and so did Mark." A small laugh came out of my mouth as I thought of the two. Man, they make me sick. What's a good couple name for them? BaeMark? MarkiepooBaeBae? Yeah, I like that one. Now I need to come up with couple names for Yugyeom and- "So, like, how long have they been dating? And who liked who first? Do they seem serious about each other? Is Bae actually serious about him? Did she try to scare him away or what? Have they even kissed yet-"

"Wow wow wow! Too many questions!" I held my hands out, hoping she'd stop. Dude, this girl can talk! She's nothing like Bae! Too many questions... How am I supposed to answer all of those? "They've been dating around 5 months. Mark liked her first, but she totally liked him too. And yeah, they're totally in love with each other...they say it all of the time... Bae is seriously serious about him, she's completely love struck. Of course she tried to scare him away, but he's stubborn when it comes to something he wants, so it didn't even faze him." Did I just answer all of her questions?! Why?!

"About the last question...you should ask Bae yourself." I mumbled, still surprised that I answered so many questions so fast. What I don't understand is, why does Bae's sister not know anything about this? Mrs. Chu is counting down the days until Bae turns 18 so she can marry her off to Mark (which I won't let happen until they're at LEAST 21), so why has she not told her oldest daughter? I thought she would've told her thousands of times by now about them, but I guess not.

"Wow. Are you sure this is the right girl? It sounds like someone completely different. Bae has never liked people, or talking, or anything besides food and pandas and kpop...so to hear that she's in love is surprising. What's even more surprising is that he loves her back just as much." She laughed slightly, pushing her hair out of her face.

Wow wow wow... Excuuuuse me? "What is that supposed to mean?" How can she say that about her own sister? Bae's awesome...why wouldn't someone love her back? "Of course Mark loves Bae back! Bae is one of the coolest and craziest people I've ever met, so it's not surprising that my best friend fell so hard for her." Seriously, is she really Bae's older sister? She doesn't seem like she knows anything about her...

"No need to get so snappy. I was just saying 'cause Bae is a bit, you know...weird. She's not very girly, and she's definitely not very good at showing affection-" "Bae may not be perfect, but I can tell you that she's definitely perfect for Mark. I've never seen him so happy before, and I know it's because of her. She loves everyone around her, cares about a lot of things, and isn't afraid to show that to anyone-- so who cares if she isn't very girly? I think she's a good example for what girls should be more like; not little miss populars who don't even know their own little sister has her first boyfriend." Ouch, I didn't really mean to say that...but oh well. This girl is getting on my nerves.

"Excuse me?" She scoffed, clearly offended by what I said. "Listen, I don't mean to be rude...but I seriously don't understand how your mom hasn't told you about them dating. She loves Mark, and she tells everyone about it." Hyo- Hyo... Whatever, forget it. Bae's sister scoffed and sat up straight, looking away from me. "I've been busy in Seoul with college, I don't have much time to talk on the phone."

I rubbed the back of my neck and sighed. Yikes... This girl is a mess. "Listen, I was a bit rude before, and I'm sorry for that... I don't know you very well, but your little sister is one of my best friends, and it kind of seems like you don't even know much about her...which for you, cause she's a really cool person. And your mom talks about you a lot and how much she misses you, I'm sure she'd love it if you took time out of your busy schedule and called her every now and then. I mean, if you have time for a boyfriend, I'm sure you have time for your family."

"Why are you talking as if you know me? That's none of your business." I shrugged, nodding to show that I agreed with her. "You're right, it's not any of my business. Sorry, I just don't want to see you waste your life away with college when you have a family right here that cares so much about you. When it all comes down to it, is having a good career and expensive things really that important? My best friend can answer that question and tell you no; I know he would trade everything away just to be back here with Bae and all of us again." I mumbled, sighing.

"I...I don't need to take this from a stranger." She said, sounding a bit sad. And with that, she got up and left Bae's room. Well, that went well. Maybe I was too insensitive? Nah, I doubt that... Now on to calling Mark!

I quickly called him before anyone could interrupt me. "Jackson~" Mark answered, sounding sleepy. "MAAAARK!!!! Are you feeling better? Is Bae taking good care of you? Should I fly there and take over???" He laughed before speaking again. "Yeah, I feel much better now-" "-That question is invalid-- of course I'm taking good care of him!" Bae's face took over my phone's screen as she stuck her tongue out at me. "What's with your hair?" I laughed, pointing at the mess on top of her head. "What about my hair? Are you jealous 'cause you can't get this much volume with your hair just from sleeping?"

Rolling my eyes, I laughed again at her. "Yeah right. It's like 1pm...why haven't you brushed your hair yet?" Bae flipped her hair and patted down the top of it. "I just woke up from a nap, okay? Lay off my hair, will ya?" She grumbled, scowling at me. "A nap? Did you AND Mark fall asleep?... TOGETHER?!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter