Just right

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Author's note: Okay, so...I really wanted to give you all a gift to celebrate 'F.T.L.O.O.N.' getting over 600 subscribers-- and I know I'm super late, but I hope you all can look past that~ After all, a gift is a gift, no matter how small (or late) it is~ Just to be clear, I am really sorry how long it's taken me to update:( I'll explain more on the author's note at the end of the chapter...cause there's more I want to say. I will give you a hint/warning for this chapter, but only one. Hint: keep a tissue box near by. Enjoy the chapter^^

 

 

(Author's p.o.v.)

===

 Friendship.

Friend-ship...

What exactly is a 'friend'? What made your friends become your friends? A lot of people can answer that question, and I mean a lot...but there are also some people that would look at their group of friends and tilt their head, answering with an "I don't know." Just now, at Autie's cafe, Bae and the guys were in a situation just like that-- correction, they were, and still are in that situation.

"What do you mean you don't know?...How could you not know?!" Jackson leaned across the table while staring straight into Jb's eyes. He waited, and waited, but after seeing that Jb showed no signs of answering, he huffed out a breath. "Does our friendship mean that little to you that you can't even answer a simple question?"

The remaining guys glanced at each other, feeling the awkward tension between the two boys. "Dude, chill. You spring questions like that on me then expect me to answer right away. We're friends, that's all that matters...right?" Raising his eyebrows, Jb waited for Jackson to respond. "I know we're friends now, that's why I asked how we became friends, not if we're friends." Jackson finally replied, the sassiness in his tone evident.

"I don't know, okay?!" Jb admitted, annoyed that this stupid question was even asked to begin with. Who cares how they became friends? They're friends now, isn't that what's important? Even though Jb thought this whole thing was pointless, he knew as well as the rest of the group that Jackson wouldn't give up on this.

"If you really can't answer, then fine..." Jackson breathed, seeming like he gave up on the subject. But he didn't. After all, this is Jackson we're talking about. "So you can answer for him instead, Bambam." Hearing his name called like that, Bambam winced, wanting nothing more than to get up and make a run for it. "You want me to answer the question?" He scratched the back of his of neck after Jackson gave a quick nod. Well, this is awkward. What should he say? Even he didn't quite know why they became friends...because it kind of just happened. Bambam came up with two things that he could answer with. Just two. One, would be him saying what Jb said and go with the 'I don't know' answer, and two would be him saying that he was drunk that night, and that he doesn't remember a thing. Two was a good option, but maybe he should save that for another time.

"I don't know." Bambam finally answered, after much self debate on which one he should choose to say. "You don't know what?" The only thing Bambam could do at this point was gulp. Jackson's tone had gotten scarier, that's for sure. "I don't know why we became friends! Stop pressuring me! Geez."

Startled by the sudden loud noise, everyone at the booth (well, almost everyone) looked up after Jackson slammed his hands on the table. "Does anyone know how we became friends?!" The guys all shrugged at Jackson's question, having no idea how to answer. Yugyeom narrowed his eyes before a thought popped into his head. "You know, you keep asking us that question and getting mad when we don't know what to say, but do you know the answer?" Jackson's eyes turned into thin slits as they fell on Yugyeom.

Is this it? Is this that one stupid fight that ends their friendship forever? Pft. What is this? A teen drama movie? No. This is 'for the love of our neighbors', children, keep that in mind. "I guess I don't know either." Jackson gave his signature laugh before leaning back in his chair again. "We've been sitting here for awhile...can we order food now?"

Some wanted to hit Jackson, while others simply face palmed themselves. This is Jackson...yep. "You-- never mind." Jb grumbled, shaking his head. "We're friends right now, so that's all that matters." This time, Jb really (and I mean really) wanted to hit Jackson. "That's exactly what I said-- you know what? Forget it." Jackson could tell how upset Jb was. It was obvious. "Calm down, dude. It's nothing to get so worked up about." As you all may have guessed, Jb face palmed himself, having absolutely nothing to say.

Jb grabbed his bag, ready to get up and leave. Before he got up to go, he turned to Bae and reached his hand out to tap her shoulder. Right as Jb's hand was about to touch her, he stopped himself and tilted his head to the side. *What is she doing?* He wondered, realizing that Bae had been quiet since they stepped into Auntie's cafe. Now that he thought about it, she wasn't apart of this conversation at all. Bae was slouched down at the table, leaning one side of her face into one hand, while she used the other hand to draw in a notebook-- oh, and she had a wide smile stretched on her lips the whole time. Just what was she doing?

As Jb watched her scribble on the piece of paper, his jaw slowly fell open. Soon enough, Bae caught the attention of all of the guys, which is why they all moved closer to her and watched what she was doing in interest.

What is she drawing? Good question. -clears throat- Bae's picture that she's currently working on is similar to her t-rex one, being that it's a city, but instead of a giant dinosaur, there were a ton of U.F.O's (unidentified flying objects) in the sky, up the people in the city. On one of the U.F.O's (the largest one, to be exact) there was a girl with a crown and a cape standing on top of it, looking like she was laughing hysterically.

Some of the guys expressions showed interest, and amusement...while some showed slight horror. In the middle of the picture, directly under the U.F.O with the girl on top, there were 6 boys standing with their arms straight out. The guys leaned in closer, realizing that the boys in the picture seemed to resemble them in ways. There was one thing about each of the boys in the picture that looked off, though. What was on their heads? Bae continued to the draw the weird medal looking things on top of the boys heads, having no idea of the attention she drew to herself.

And with one last person being up in the U.F.O, Bae was finished with her picture. She smiled happily as she looked over her masterpiece one more time.

The guys all stared at her, forgetting any of the other stuff that happened in the last twenty minutes (like the argument they had about them being friends...or not being friends...or whatever). Just what went through this girl's head? And did they really want to know? No. Absolutely not. Bae's mind would be much too scary of a place to see, so they were fine not knowing what went on inside of it.

"Bae..." Jb started slowly, sounding a little hesitant. "What is that supposed to be?" Bae looked up, startled to see all of the guys so close to her. She followed Jb's gaze and looked down at her picture, smiling happily as soon as she saw her work of art again. "You mean my picture?" The boys all nodded in unison, getting more curious by the second. "It's Seoul." She answered. "When my original family comes to get me, this is similar to what will happen." She pointed down at her picture, a serious expression etched onto her face. "Those are the the spaceships that will be used to collect all of my minions that follow my every word. You see that person on top of the biggest spaceship? That's me. Obviously." She stated, blinking a few times. Slowly, Bae brought her finger over to the six boys. "And those people are you guys. That's Yugyeom, that's Bambam, that's Jackson, that's Jb, that's Jr, and that's Youngjae." She pointed out. The guys looked closer at the picture, getting more interest/scared by the second.

"Why are we wearing those hats though?" Jackson crossed his arms and furrowed his eyebrows. "Those aren't hats, silly." Bae laughed softly. "Those are mind control helmets." Each of the guys nodded their heads, letting out 'ah's' and 'oh's'. They all snapped their heads towards Bae as soon as realization hit them. "They're what?!"

Bae raised one of her eyebrows, wondering why they were all freaking out so much. "Mind control helmets. How else am I going to teach you guys to listen to me? Don't worry, I'll remove them after you guys start to make progress in obeying my commands."

"Wow wow wow...where's Mark in all of this?" Jackson asked, confused as to why Bae didn't draw him to next to all of them on the picture. Bae looked at Jackson before placing a finger on the picture, pointing to something. "He's right there, behind me." The guys leaned in even further, squinting their eyes to see a small drawing of a boy with cool hair and sunglasses behind the girl with the crown and cape. "Why is he there?" Jr. blinked. "He'll be second in command, of course." Bae made it sound as if it was obvious, as if everyone in the world should know that.

"Why isn't he wearing a mind control helmet too? His hair looks cool...why don't I get cool hair?" Jackson pouted, his jealousy clear as day. A small smile formed on Bae's lips as the thought crossed her mind. "He doesn't need one. I'm confident that Red will agree with my ways of taking over the world." Each of the guys looked up in thought, and the image of the couple taking over the world together was clear...and scary.

Yugyeom tilted his head, looking completely serious. "I just have one question: what do you have against Seoul?"

==

"I'm home!" Bae yelled, closing the front door behind her. Looking at the time on her phone, Bae tilted her head in thought. *It's 2pm on a Saturday, and I've got lots of free time...so what should I do?* She already hung out with the guys at Auntie's today, so that was off the list. Why should she even need to think about this? She's young, free, and has plenty of time on her hands. The possibilities are endless.

With a smile on her face, Bae walked straight up to her room and opened the door. She threw her bag on the floor before plopping down onto her bed. "Ah...this is what a Saturday should feel like." She mumbled (mostly because half of her face was squished against her bed).

"You know, Waffles, it's moments like these where I feel like I could fall asleep peacefully and stay that way all day..." Bae started, a soft smile forming. "If you and Red were lying next to me, then I'd completely fine with sleeping the rest of the day." There were a few minutes of silence,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter