We COULD be friends

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Author's p.o.v.)

===

-Bdump- -Bdump- -Bdump-

Mark couldn't control his rapid heartbeat. He tried to calm himself, he really did... But the fact that he was still laying on the ground where Bae pushed him just proved that he was doing a horrible job. 

Mark took a deep breath-- trying to calm himself down. He felt his forehead and realized he was burning hot. He felt faint, like he was going to pass out at any moment. He's never felt this way before. "Do I have some sort of illness? What's wrong with my heart? I can't control it... AM I DYING?!"

He continued to lay there on the floor, letting his thoughts flood his mind-- coming up with question after question, but no answers.

"I wonder what her name is, and why she didn't tell me." He sighed, staring dreamily at-- the ceiling? Wow, he really is losing his mind.

-FLASHBACK-

Mark released a shaky breath, trying to find his voice. Mark has never held hands with a girl, so having one laying on top of him was new. He wasn't quite sure what to think of it yet.

Bae leaned down closer to Mark's ear, letting her warm breath hit his skin (not on purpose, of course) 

He in a quick breath, anticipating fearing what she might do next.

"Tell. No. One." Bae softly whispered, into his ear.

Mark was now more confused than ever. Just what the heck was this girl talking about?

"Huh?"

"I said: tell. No. One." Bae quickly picked herself up and walked towards the window, ready to climb back out .

"W-wait!" Mark grabbed the rope from her hands, earning a glare after doing so.

Bae sighed and put a hand on her hips (an action that Mark thought was highly adorable) "What?"

"Your name...what is it?" Mark waited for her to answer (she sure did take her time though.)

Bae snatched the rope from his hands and climbed out of the window. She stopped before reaching the bottom, looking right up at Mark. 

"I never give my name to my victims." She gave a quick salute before running off to who knows where.

Mark let his body fall onto the ground; not minding the pain what so ever.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

Mark shook his head, hoping to get rid of all thoughts about his new neighbor. It didn't work, of course. His head was filled with questions about her. 

*How old is she?*

*Has she been to jail before?*

*What did she mean by "my victims"?*

There was one question that he desperately wanted an answer to: *Why do I even care?...*

Mark quickly sat up, letting a smirk stretch across his face. "She lives RIGHT next door to me... Our rooms are practically joined together! There's no way she avoid my questions forever, right?"

==

Bae ran until she reached the neighborhood park. There was only spot she had in mind; the most secluded area in the park.

She sat on the tire swing and leaned her head back. She smiled as the leaves fell and hit her skin, her eyes began to close as she let her thoughts go wild.

"That boy-- I mean, guy-- was strange... He didn't call the cops... He didn't shut his window as soon as I left. H-he asked me what my name was. That's a first."

She quickly shook her head. "Danger! I need to stay clear of that guy. What if- what if he actually tries to get to know me?! What do I do then?! What if he isn't scared of me and actually tries to talk to me?! I'm sure he's in my school now, since it's the only one around here."

Bae stopped swinging and gasped "What if he tries to talk to me at school?! The image I've worked so hard to build will be ruined! I can't let that happen, I have to make him think I'm insane and unstabl!. There's no way he'll want to talk to me then!!!"

The people in the park who passed by were already used to this sight-- a strange girl sitting on a swing and talking to herself. Everyone in the neighborhood knew who Bae was. Most of her neighbors avoided her out of fear (which is exactly how she wants it to be)

"I'm already pretty weird, but I guess I'll have to try a little harder. I will do everything in my power to make sure that my plan is successful!"

"Operation: make the hottie afraid of me!!!"

==

Mark pouted.

He hit his head.

He narrowed his eyes.

"When is she coming back?!" He jumped on his bed, frustrated.

"When is who coming back?"

Mark looked up and gave a half smile to his best friend. "Yo."

Jackson narrowed his eyes on the red haired boy in front of him. "Who were you talking about? I would have thought it was me, but you clearly said 'when is SHE coming back'"

"Crap, you heard me?" Mark bit his bottom lip, wondering if he should tell him or not.

Jackson put a hand on his hip and raised an eyebrow (so sassy) "Well, I'm waiting!"

Mark sighed before sittingt up, clearing his throat. "I-I met a girl...that-"

"YOU WHAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" Jackson quickly sat on the bed beside him, waiting to hear the rest.

Mark stared at Jackson for few seconds (with an expression that screamed 'you're insane') before answering."It's the girl next door..."

Even though it was practically a whisper, Jackson still heard it. "Girl next door?.." He tapped his chin in thought before looking back at Mark. "That's hot, dude."

=

(Mark's p.o.v.)

=

I rolled my eyes, already expecting this kind of reaction from him. He's always talked about girls like that, talking as if they're some sort of object. The worst part about it is that girls actually like it! He was the most popular guy back in our old school (trust me, I didn't mind one bit) girls eventually left me alone after they realized that I wasn't interested in them. I'm so sick of every girl being the same. I want someone who's different, funny, kind. Someone who I can make smile, and that can do the same for me.

I've never met a girl who I felt even the least bit interested in-- until today, that is. I can't get that girl off of my mind, It's driving me crazy!

"Mark! Are you listening?!"

The sound of Jackson's loud voice brought me out of my thoughts. "Huh?"

"I knew it! You weren't listening."

I sighed after seeing the frown on Jackson's face. "I'm sorry, dude. I just can't stop thinking about her-" I quickly covered my mouth after realizing that I spoke those words out loud. Crap! He totally heard me!

The huge grin on Jackson's face was more than obvious to me that he heard what I had said.

"Oooooh~ You got it bad for this girl~" Jackson scooted next me and placed a hand on my back. "So, tell me about her~ How'd you meet her? What does she look like? How old is she? Is she hot?"

I sighed while rubbing my temples. I should've just kept my mouth shut. "I met her right outside my window. She looks...amazing. I don't how old she is, but I would guess around 16... And yes."

Freakin' mouth! Why do you did you have to open?!?! OBEY MY COMMANDS!

"She sounds hot. Ask her out! Or at least ask for her number!"

I shook my head. "Dude, you don't understand. She's different, really VERY different."

"What makes her so 'different'?"

That's a good question. An answer? Nope, I don't have one. "She just is. She was escaping from her room with a rope-- that isn't normal."

"Ahh~ I see!" 

Jackson noticed my questioning look and continued. "She's a bad girl. Escaping from her room with a rope? She must have done something really bad- OW! What was that for?!" I rolled my eyes after putting the pillow (the one I hit Jackson with) behind my head.

"No, Jackson. She's not a 'bad girl' she's just...different. A good different." I smiled, not even realizing that I was doing it.

I felt Jackson's gaze on me before he laid back onto my bed, sighing as he did so."You've got it bad. I've never seen you like this before."

I heard Jackson sigh again before he continued. "Maybe different isn't so bad...you know? You're not so normal either, you guys might actually be perfect for each other."

I perked up after hearing his words. 'Perfect for each other' aye? I'm trying really hard to hide the grin on my face, but I don't think it's working.

I grabbed a pillow beside me and covered my face. I'm blushing so hard right now! Me? Blushng?! I've never blushed in my life!! What's happening to me?!

"You look like a school girl in love."

I ignored Jackson's comment-- too busy with my own thoughts-- thoughts about her.

"Does she have a boyfriend?"

What did he say? Boyfriend?...

My jaw slowly dropped as the realization hit me. "Um..."

"YOU DIDN'T ASK?!?!"

"I forgot! Okay?! Asking if she has a boyfriend while she's on top of me wasn't my first thou-" Gosh dang it! Why did I say that?!

"..."

Jackson is speechless-- this is a first. "Jackson? Hello-"

"-She..."

Okay, just cut me off... Not like I have feelings or anything! T_T

"SHE WAS ON TOP OF YOU?!?! What happened while I was gone?!"

Yup, There's the Jackson that I know.

"It's not what you think! I can't explain what happened because I don't even know what happened..."

Jackson stood up and looked at me, giving his usual 'I have a plan' look. "You need an operation."

I let a frown spread across my lips as my eyebrows furrowed together. "What?.."

I don't feel sick. Why would I need an operation?-- is he trying to say I need plastic surgery to get this girl to like me?! How rude-_-

"Operation: girl next door. Something like that. You need a plan, a way to her heart. You can't just wait until she gets home everyday! You need to make her want you!"

"I'm not good with these kinds of things-"

"-That's why you have me. I'm an expert when it comes to girls. You'll win her heart, don't worry~"

I sighed while running a hand through my (already messy) hair. "Okay, what's the first plan?"

"Is it the house to left?"

"No, it's the house to the right." Where is he going with this?

"Not only am I a love ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter