Okay

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's p.o.v.)

===

"Can I help?"

"No."

"...Please?"

Mark set the the spatula that was in his hand down on the counter before turning around. "I said I would cook, so that means I'm going to do it~" His lips curved up into a smile as he gently guided Bae towards the dining room. "Now go sit down while I finish up."

Seconds after Mark turned to go back, Bae spun around and tip toed back into the kitchen. "Bae, that better not be you." Mark kept his eyes on the stove, already knowing that it was her who walked in. "There has to be something I can help with, Red~~" Bae dragged her feet forward and stopped right behind him. "No. You always cook, just let me do it this time."  Mark's eyes widened slightly before a smile stretched across his lips. Bae loosened her arms around his waist while leaning her head onto his back. "You smell good." Mark chuckled at her comment, already used to her randomness. 

"Okay, they're ready! Now let's go eat." Mark grabbed the plate of pancakes and dragged Bae forward (because she was still holding onto him) "DAEHOOOOOO!!! BREAKFAST IS READY!" Footsteps were heard before Daeho came running into the dining room, wearing a bright smile. Bae spread her arms out and waited for him to go in them. "Mark hyung!~" Bae's arms dropped as she watched Daeho run into Mark's arms.

Bae threw a glare their way before taking a seat at the table. Daeho led Mark to the seat beside him, gesturing him to sit down. "Hey! Why are you guys sitting at the other end of the table? What about me?" Daeho glanced at Mark before turning his eyes to Bae. "I guess you can move down here with us..." Bae scoffed. "I will not take your pity! I'll just sit here by myself." 

Mark leaned his head into his palm as he watched in amusement. "What are you doing to those pancakes?" Bae looked up before going back to her plate. "I'm getting ready to eat them, duh." He continued to watch as Bae stacked her plate high with pancakes, spreading nutella on each and every one. She finished it up with a few strawberries on top (and on the side) Her eyes widened as she made a 'mmm' sound. "I'm going to enjoy this."

Daeho scrunched up his nose and looked away from Bae in disgust. "You're a girl, noona, you shouldn't eat like that." Bae stuffed another bite into , causing her cheeks to look even chubbier. "I can eat however I want! Besides, I already have someone who loves me, so I don't need to worry about getting fat." Daeho blinked a few times. "How do you know hyung will still love you?" 

"You'll love me even if I get fat, right?" Bae narrowed her eyes while holding her fork up. "Of course! We can just get fat together." Mark grinned cutely after Bae reached her hand out to pat his head. "Good boy~" Bae grabbed her plate and walked over beside Mark, taking the seat next to him. "I knew I could trust you~" Mark wrapped his arms around Bae's waist as she finished up the last of her food.

"Hyung, can we hang out today?" Daeho stared at Bae and Mark as they exchanged looks. "Uhhh... give us just a minute." Mark grabbed Bae's hand and pulled her into the kitchen. "Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?" Bae raised an eyebrow with crossed arms. "Maybe? I guess it depends on what you think I'm thinking." Mark paused for a minute before continuing. "I'm thinking we should take Daeho with us today." Bae leaned her back onto the counter before shrugging her shoulders. "You're the one that planned the date today, so if you're okay with him coming, I guess I am too." 

Mark reached out to grab one of Bae's hands. "Are you sure?" Bae nodded her head, giving a thumbs up. "We spent plenty of time together alone last night. And besides, dates are overrated." Mark chuckled while shaking his head. "Okay, if you're sure." He led her back into the dining room where Daeho was still waiting for them. "We can hang out today, but Bae's coming too." Daeho nodded his head happily as he stood up. "Okay!"

"Where should we go?" Bae asked, as she began gathering the plates on the table. Mark quickly grabbed the dishes from her hands and walked into the kitchen. "I don't know." Rolling her eyes, Bae followed behind him. "You're not much help." Mark turned the water on in the sink after shrugging. "Sorry.. You know I'm not good at making decisions. You and Daeho can think of something I'm sure." Bae pouted out her lips and gently pushed Mark aside before he could start on the dishes.

"Don't even think about cleaning! You already cooked breakfast. Now, go sit on the couch until I'm finished!" Mark jutted out his lips after she pointed towards the living room. "But-" "-No buts! I can't let you do everything, I have a conscience you know." Unwillingly, Mark nodded his head. "Fine, but I'm not leaving the kitchen." He hopped up on the counter and took a seat as she began washing the dishes.

"Are you sure you don't need-" "-Red." Mark raised his hands up innocently after she gave him a look. "Okay, okay..." Mark puffed out his cheeks and kicked his feet back and forth. After a few minutes of silence, Bae turned off the water and walked towards him. "I'm finished~ Now, was that so hard?" Mark placed the oven mitt that he was playing with down on the counter and looked at her. "Yes, it was quite painful actually."  Bae rolled her eyes and grabbed his hands. "Sure, sure~ Now let's go! We're wasting daylight!"

"Daeho~ Come on, we're leaving." Daeho turned off the tv and turned back to them. "Where are we going?" Bae shrugged while putting her shoes on. "We'll figure that out as we go." Bae glanced at Mark and Daeho before looking down at her clothes, her eyes widening in realization. "Oh my gosh! I'm still in my pjs!" 

"You didn't know?" Daeho asked, sounding dumbfounded. "No! I was about to go outside without even knowing!" Scoffing, Daeho stared at his sister with a judging look. "How could you not know?" Bae's lips formed into a smirk as she flipped her hair. "Maybe it's because I look so good either way, that I just couldn't tell the difference between my pjs and normal clothes."

"That's definitely not it." Bae scowled at him as she began walking up the stairs. "Little brat." She mumbled, quiet enough so he wouldn't hear her. Mark chuckled after Bae gave up on walking and began crawling up the steps. "She's so weird." Mark glanced down at Daeho and nodded his head, a small smile forming on his lips. "Yeah, she is."

 

 

"NOO-NA! HURRY UP!!!" Daeho stood in front of the steps with his arms crossed. "I'M COMING!!!!" Bae stomped her feet down the steps as she glared at her brother. "You're going too slow, walk faster." Bae stopped in her tracks and placed her hands on her hips. "You're not the boss of me!~" She stuck her tongue out, with Daeho soon following her action.

"Alright, enough kids, stop fighting and let's go." Bae fixed her skirt and put her hair up into a ponytail. "He started it.." She muttered. Mark shook his head while reaching his hand out to help her down the steps. "You look cute." He commented, glancing down at her outfit. "Do I?" Bae smiled after taking his hand. She jumped down the last two steps and stood in front of Mark, leaning her head back to look up at him. "Of course, you always look cute."

Daeho rolled his eyes and made a gagging sound. Bae smiled evilly as she got on her tippy toes and pouted her lips out. She placed a quick kiss on Mark's cheek. "Ewww! No kissing in front of me!" Seeing the grin on her face, Mark shook his head and gave a disapproving look. "What? He started it!" Bae watched as Mark opened the door for them. "You're older, you should be the bigger person." 

"Don't worry, hyung, I'll be the bigger person. We both know that I'll pass her height in a few years anyway, it's not like she'll grow anymore."

"Yah!!!"

==

 

"Tell me again why we came to the mall?" Mark raised an eyebrow as he looked around.  Bae pulled her knees up to her chest before leaning on them. "I don't know... It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I remember now why I don't ever come here." She shuddered as she watched all of the crowds of people walk past their table, lots and of people. "I hate this place." 

Mark sighed as he took out his phone. "What're you doing?" Bae questioned. "Since this isn't a date anymore, I might as well call the guys. With all of them here, I'm sure we'll think of something to do besides sitting here." Mark put the phone up to his ear after Bae gave an 'ok' sign.

"Oh, if it isn't mr. 'leave my best friend all night and not text him back'!" Mark rolled his eyes at Jackson's complaints. "You're the one who said that you were busy. And when did you text me?" Mark heard other voices in the background, one of which he recognized as Bambam's. "I didn't text you, but I was thinking about it! I could just sense that you were going to ignore me since you were with Bae." Mark scoffed while shaking his head (even though Jackson couldn't see him)

"Look, I called because I wanted to know if you want to come hang out. Bae and I are at the mall with Daeho, and we're running out of ideas-" Bae opened to speak, but Mark quickly continued. "-Ideas that don't involve something dangerous or illegal." Bae slowly closed with a pout. 

"You called the right person. Bambam and Jr. are with me already, do you want me to call the rest of the guys?" Mark shook his head, but quickly stopped when he realized that Jackson couldn't see him. "Nah, I'll text them. Just get here soon, I think Daeho is about to die from boredom." Mark glanced at Daeho, who was leaning his head against the table.

"Okeeey~ We'll be there soon." Mark mumbled a quick "Okay, bye." before hanging up the phone. "Are they coming?" Bae placed her chin on his shoulder and waited for a reply. "Jackson, Jr. and Bambam are. I'm texting the rest of the guys right now." Bae quickly sat up straight and held her hand out. "Oooh~ Let me text them!"

Hesitantly, Mark placed his phone in her palm. Instead of questioning her, he thought it best to just leave her be (mostly because he was scared of what she might say) "Here you go." She mumbled, handing the phone back to him. Mark's eyes followed Bae as she stood up and walked towards one of the shops. "I'll be right back~"

Bae walked out of the ice cream shop with three cones in her hands. After almost dropping them for the 5th time, she decided to place the cone that was hers into . She gently bit down on the cone in hopes of it staying in place. Bae made her way back to the table, but stopped in her tracks with narrowed eyes. *Seriously? I was gone for 5 minutes!!* Her jaw tightened as she glared at the loads of girls surrounding her boyfriend. Some girls just giggled from a distance, while others actually sat at the table beside him.

"He's so hot! I wonder if he's single?"

"We should go ask~"

"Look, he even has a cute little brother!~"

Without wasting another second, Bae marched over to the table and took her place next to Mark. "Is that one for me?" He asked happily, paying no attention to the crowds of females around him. Bae gave a small smile before placing the cone in his hand. "Yup. This one is for you, Dae." Daeho slowly lifted his head with a scowl on his face. The scowl quickly turned i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter