K.I.S.S.I.N.G!

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's p.o.v)

===

Friday November 27th, 2015.

 

Students were always in a rush to get out of school, but today it seemed like they were in a hurry even more so than usual. Bae pushed passed her fellow classmates, mumbling 'excuse me' every now and then. Why were they all so stubborn? Bae just wanted to go home, but noooo~ They just wouldn't move out of her way. Bae didn't give up, though. "MOVE!" She yelled, ducking her head down and running forward.

When she looked up, she realized that she had gotten away from the crowd of students. Bae smiled, pumping her fists into the air. "I'm free!!!" Without another thought she took off running, screaming 'freedom' all the way until she reached the gates.

Bae was excited to get home, but not just because it was the weekend, it was also a weekend that her parents are going out of town. With Daeho staying at a friend's house until Sunday, that meant that the house was hers for the next two days. All hers.

Normally, I would start off a chapter like this while Bae was still in school, but in all honesty...not much has been happening. There were still plenty of funny things that happened between Bae and the boys, but with all the studying they've been doing, it would get quite boring to read I'm sure.

Grinning to herself, Bae swung her backpack as she walked in the direction of her house. This weekend was sure to be amazing. Bae had it all planned out: k-dramas, kpop and junk food. Lots of junk food. Yep. This weekend will be perfect.

The guys have yet to ask her to hang out, so she hasn't bothered to tell them that her parents would be gone (considering she wants the house to herself anyway). She avoided them all together by leaving the classroom as soon as the bell rang.

Interrupting her thoughts on the spider that she just walked passed (well, jumped passed) and how much she didn't like it, Bae felt her phone vibrate in her coat pocket. She pressed the answer button and brought the phone to her ear, forgetting to check who it was that called.

"Hello?" She answered, burrowing her face further into her scarf as a cold gust of wind flew past her."Why didn't you tell us that you were leaving school?! More importantly, why didn't you tell me??? I thought we were going to walk home together!"  Jackson was as loud as ever, which only made it harder for Bae to find a way out of this conversation.

"Well, Jackson, there are some things in life that we'll never know." There were a few seconds of silence before Jackson broke it.  "...Are you  trying to avoid my question? You better answer before I come over there."

Bae laughed into the phone after hearing his harmless threat (or so, she thought). "Yeah right. You don't even know where I am right now." The dry laugh that came out from the other line showed that Jackson was not amused. "Oh, really?" Bae smirked, mischief written on her face. "Yep. For all you know, I could be pretending that there's a picture of you on the ground and I'm stomping on it."

She began stomping her foot loudly; loud enough for people to hear.  "Hah! My face is too beautiful for you to even pretend to do that! That's why you're only stomping on the ground...looking like a crazy lady" Bae's smirk quickly disappeared as she looked all around her. "You can see me?? Where are you?!"

 "I told you not to avoid my question~ But you still did~" Okay. Now it was getting creepy. Bae had this awful feeling that Jackson was going to pop out at any moment, shouting- "Boo!!!"

"Ahhh!" Feeling her heart almost jump up to , Bae clutched onto her chest, breathing heavily. "Don't...do...that...Jackson..." She whispered, trying to slow her breathing back down. Jackson laughed his famous hyena-laugh and crouched down, finding the scene too funny to stand (literally). "Oh, man~ I've never seen you so scared before!"

Wiping away the few tears that slipped out of his eyes from laughing too hard, Jackson placed an arm around Bae's shoulders and smiled. "You missed me, didn't you?" Bae wanted to scoff-- and she did. "No, I did not. Where did you even come from?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"My parents. And what do you mean?! How can you not miss me??? Look at this adorable face!" He brought his hands up to his face and pouted, trying his best to look cute-- and he did.

"Okay, fine. Sure, I missed you... Now can I-" Bae was cut off from finishing her sentence as Jackson hugged her. "I missed you too!~ Now let's act like the BFF's that we are and go hang out. Should we go out? Or should we go to your place? Or mine?" Scratching her head, Bae tried to think of the best way possible to politely decline Jackson's offer (or more like command).

"Well...you see, Jackson, I..." She paused, thinking of what to say. "I-" Jackson held a hand up, stopping her from continuing. "Stop. You don't have to say it...I already know." Bae raised an eyebrow, wondering what he could possibly know when she wasn't even sure if she knew. "You do?..." He nodded his head. "The guys and I have been talking, and we finally figured out what's been going on with you the past week."

Bae furrowed her eyebrows, frowning at the taller boy in front of her. "What-" "-Don't be embarrassed. We may not understand what you're going through, but we can still be there to help." Now Bae was really confused. 'What the heck is he talking about?' you may ask, well, that's the exact question that Bae is asking too.

"Jackson, you're not making any sense-" "Don't worry, Bae! No shame among friends, okay?" Jackson cut her off for the second time today, making her even more confused. He sighed before cupping his mouth and leaning down closer to Bae. "We know it's your 'time of the month'~" He whispered, quiet enough so that only she would hear.

Bae's eyes widened as the words slipped from Jackson's mouth. Her own mouth opened to deny his suspicions-- even though he was right...but she didn't want him to know that. She stopped herself when a thought popped into her head. "You're right...I was just so embarrassed, I didn't want to say anything to you guys." She looked down with a small pout, using her best acting skills.

"Don't worry. Just tell us what we can do to help." With a smile growing on her lips, Bae looked at Jackson with puppy-like eyes and blinked. "I think...I think I just need to rest at home for awhile, ya know?" Jackson immediately nodded his head, ushering her towards the direction of her house. "Go home and rest then! Take all the time you need~"

Her idea was brilliant. Absolutely genius. The smile on Bae's face could not be mistaken. She was just so overjoyed that this actually worked. Usually her ideas go horribly wrong-- NO! She must stay positive before it all turns on her!

"Thanks, J." She gave a half smile before turning around, placing a hand on her stomach as she walked away. As she got further, and further away from Jackson, her smile got wider. He believed it. He believed it...HE BELIEVED IT!!!! FREEDOM!!!!!

Right after she turned around the corner and got of Jackson's sight, she made a run for it in the direction of her house. "Yeeeeeessss!!!!" She yelled, throwing her hands up as she ran. "Wooooo!~~~" Bae didn't mind the weird looks she was getting, they were actually kind of refreshing. The weird stares that people give her remind her that her life has purpose-- and that is to make people afraid of her.

"I'm home I'm home I'm home I'm home I'M HOOOOOOMMME!!!!!" She sang, as she entered the empty house. The first thing that Bae did was the same thing that she did every time she got home-- run up to her room and change into her favorite pair of black sweatpants and gray hoodie. She's so colorful, isn't she? Hah.

"I have the house to myself...the possibilities are endless." She sighed, in content, sinking into the couch with junk food surrounding her. She pointed the remote towards the tv and pressed play, waiting for 'My neighbor Totoro' to play. Mark convinced her to watch it one day while she was visiting him in Taiwan, and she's been hooked ever since.

Leaning her head back, Bae took a bite of one of her cookies. "This is the life."

==

"Mmm..." Slowly, Bae's eyes fluttered open. She looked around the living room, surprised to see that it was dark outside. Just how long was she asleep? She remembered turning on 'Lion king', but after that it went blank. "I guess I watched too many movies..." Yeah, because eating a ton of sugar had nothing to do with it.

Bae swallowed nervously as she glanced out the windows around the living room. Getting up quickly, she closed every one of the blinds and ran back to the couch, pulling her legs up to her chest. She felt completely fine earlier while she was alone, but now that it's dark...it's cr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter