I still think she's crazy though

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Yugyeom's p.o.v.)

===

Sigh...

Class just started and I'm already sighing? Wow, I'm off to a great start. Don't get me wrong, I like class-- well, usually-- but lately I haven't liked it quite as much...and it's because of her. There's this girl in my class that I've --coughs-- uh...liked...for a couple of months now. I know what you're thinking "why don't you just ask her out?" but it's not that simple...this girl isn't just any girl. She's the girl that confessed to me while we were doing the 'no-talking' mission, and ended up leaving without a word. Since that day, I haven't talked to her, I haven't even made eye contact with her! Anytime I've ever tried to talk to her, I chicken out and end up running away! She probably hates me now, or thinks I'm super weird...or both. I can't really blame her for avoiding me though, I'd probably do the same thing.

Another sigh escaped my lips as I leaned my chin onto the palm of my hand, keeping my eyes focused on Ji-eun (isn't her name so pretty?^^) After she asked me out, I didn't really know what to say (even if I was able to talk) but at the time I wanted to give it a shot 'cause I thought she was cute-- but now, I like her for much more than her looks-- I like how sweet and caring she is, and how she's shy but she still does her best to always be polite~ I've heard her try to tell jokes to her friends, but she always ruins them-- it's cute when she does that. I think what I like the most about her is-

Feeling a sharp pain on my left leg, I snapped out of my thoughts and looked to my left, raising my eyebrows in surprise. "Dude, quit staring at her and ask her out already." My eyes immediately widened after hearing Bae's words. (math is the class that Mark hyung, Bae and I had together, but since hyung is gone, it's just me and Bae) "A-ask her out?" I whispered, trying not to draw attention to myself.

Bae rolled her eyes, mumbling something that I couldn't quite catch. "Listen, Yugi, if you like her, just talk to her; staring isn't going to do you any good." That's easy for her to say...she's already in a perfect relationship!-- wait, that's it! I can just ask her for advice! Bae and Mark hyung are so in love and happy, they have to have some kind of secret to help me, right?

"Bae..." I called, lightly kicking her foot that was closest to me. "Hmm?" She mumbled, keeping her eyes on her book. I didn't know she put so much focus onto studying-- I mean, I know she's a great student (always getting A+'s) but I didn't know she actually put a lot of effort into it to be that good...I thought she was naturally smart (or lucky)

"Wow, you're really taking math seriously now...usually you end up falling asleep in this class." Bae looked up from her notebook, keeping a straight face for a few seconds before cracking a smirk. "Yep." She gave a nod, going straight back to writing in her book. Something's off...why would Bae all of a sudden start studying so hard? I leaned to the side, taking a peek at what she was writing in her notebook. My eyes widened as I looked at the drawings. If this was most girls, I would see them drawing their crushes name all over their notebook, or them and their crush kissing or something... But this is Bae we're talking about, and she's clearly not mixed in with 'most girls' The drawing was of a city (Seoul, I'm guessing--even though that's not where we live) and there were a bunch of people laying on the ground, with x's for eyes (are they all dead?) standing above all of the people was a giant T-rex, with a girl sitting on top of it (with the name 'Bae' and an arrow pointing down to her-wow) I looked at the back of the T-rex and saw that there was a pile of people on the tail, with mine, and the rest of the guys' names above them- nope, never mind, Mark hyung was sitting up by Bae. Oh, her family was on the T-rex too, and I think the other piles of people are our families as well, cause I saw two names that said 'papa & mama Tuan' Well, at least now I know that if Bae ever gets a T-rex and let's it loose on the city, she'll save us and our families^^ I let out a laugh, finding it extremely funny. This girl is so weird...no wonder why we're all best friends.

"So what did you call my name for? It's not just because you wanted to talk about this class, right? Lemme guess, it's about what's-her-face?" Without even being able to control myself, my mouth opened and the words slipped out. "H-her name's Ji-eun!" A smirk immediately formed on Bae's face as she pointed her index finger at me. "I knew it." Am I that obvious? Though it does feel like Bae knows a lot more than she lets on, so maybe I'm not that bad? "Yeah, you're right. I need your help, Bae."

"I understand, son. Come to my office during lunch." As I was about to ask where her office was (and if she actually had one) Bae slipped a piece of paper underneath my hand, acting as if I couldn't see her. She always thinks she's so sneaking, but she's actually not. "Um, okay?" She turned her eyes back to the front, not even sparing me another glance. Wow. She's taking this pretty seriously.

I have a feeling asking Bae for advice wasn't the greatest idea, but I don't really want to ask anyone else about this sort of thing (well besides Mark hyung, but he's busy with work now) I guess I've got nothing to lose, right? Bae might actually be really helpful and teach me a lot-- she is a girl after all, so she should be able to help me with girl problems, right?~

==

I was wrong...I was so wrong.

I'll just give up now.

No harm done, right?

I sighed while shaking my head, knowing that giving up wouldn't help anything. I was hoping Bae would be of help, but I think I was wrong. I finally read the note she handed me earlier, since this class was about to be out, meaning it was lunch. But when I read the note, it said to meet on the rooftop-- sounds normal enough, right? Wrong. That wasn't the end of the note; it has a list of items I'm supposed to bring up with me: a fork- a pair of gloves- chopsticks- a cookie (chocolate chip)- nail polish remover- a hanger- and lipstick.

At first, I tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter