Like idiots!~

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's p.o.v.)

===

"YOU'RE SO CUTEEEE~~"

Only 10 seconds had passed after Bae introduced herself to Mark's grandmother, yet she was already being squeezed to death by her. "I already knew you would be beautiful, but I never expected you to be this cute!~" Mark's grandma (a.k.a. :grandma T) let go of Bae and pinched her cheeks. Bae was never a fan of people touching her, but she let Grandma T have her way seeing as she is her future grandmother and all (she just doesn't know it yet~)

"Mark, where did you find such a cute girl?" Bae let out a silent breath after Grandma T turned to Mark's direction. "I don't know,  she kind of just hit me one day; came right through my window and-" Mark stopped mid sentence when he felt something hit his arm. Rubbing his (now sore) arm, Mark let out a chuckle and continued. "-Into my heart." Yes, it was extremely cheesy, but Mark knew he couldn't go the route he had planned to go with: 'yea, she came right through my window and landed on top of me, then she called me her victim...' right, that'll go well with the his grandmother (cue sarcasm)

Grandma T dismissed Mark's last comment and turned back to Bae. "Oh, just wait until Vic gets here, he'll love you!" Bae tilted her head to one side as curiosity got the best of her. "'Vic'? Who's that?" Chuckling softly, Grandma T linked her arm with Bae's. "My husband, of course!"

"My husband, son and grandson all go by their American names: Vic, Raymond and Mark." Grandma T smiled sweetly at Bae before opening to speak again. "You better not think of calling me Mrs. Tuan, cause that's what my daughter in-law goes by! Call me Lucy." Bae smiled while laughing (a bit too awkwardly, if you ask me) *Does Red's whole family go by their American names? I guess I never asked what his mother's name was...*

"Now that you mention it, where is Grandpa? I thought you guys came together." Grandma T (yah!) -Uh, I mean, Lucy shrugged her shoulders with a disappointed expression. "You know how busy he is. He said he'd try to make it before we sing happy birthday." Though Mark didn't change his expression, Bae knew that something was wrong.

"Yah~ What's wrong?" Bae whispered, as she gently elbowed his arm. "Nothing, I'm fine." Bae scowled at Mark, seeing as how she saw right through his words. "Liar! Tell me the truth." Mark glanced at his mother and grandmother before grabbing onto Bae's hand, and without even looking at her, he pulled her into the kitchen.

Bae quickly leaned against the counter while crossing her arms. "Spill." "It's not a big deal-" "-Red." Mark let out a sigh as he ran a hand through his hair. "I'll tell you later-" Before he could even finish his sentence, Bae wrapped her arms around his waist and clung on tight. "I'm not letting go until you tell me!" A smile soon took over Mark's lips after he scoffed lightly. "You do know that this isn't a threat, right?"

Despite his comment, Mark loosely wrapped his arms around Bae while he leaned his back against the counter top. "I'm just a little disappointed about my grandpa not being here; he's always really busy with his work." Bae rested her chin on his chest as she looked up at him. "Does your grandfather work at a big company or something?" Mark nodded his head and mumbled a quick 'Mm hm.' "Don't worry too much, Red. I'm sure your grandpa will be here soon."

Mark's eyes connected with Bae's as his eyebrows rose. "You're sure? How do you know?" Giving her famous grin, Bae let her smile reach her eyes as she placed her palms on both sides of his cheeks. "Because, I know everything~" Pulling her a bit closer, Mark smiled down at Bae. "You're crazy, but Thank you... I do feel a little better."

"Of course you do! I make everything better!" As you may have guessed, Mark rolled his eyes at her comment. "Riiight~ Sure you do."Just as Mark leaned in to flick her forehead, the door to the kitchen opened. "Wooow~ Did I interrupt something?"

Mark's eyes widened as he recognized the voice immediately. "Grandpa?" Spinning on his heels, Mark smiled widely as his eyes landed on the older man. "Are you just going stare at me all day, or you going to give me hug?" Bae watched as Mark walked forward and wrapped his arms around the man (that she guessed was his grandfather)

*That's his grandfather? He looks so...classy.* Bae's eyes trailed from the man's neatly styled hair down to his perfectly tailored suit. *He's definitely rich...that's for sure.* "Don't think I forgot about you, young lady." Snapping out of her thoughts, Bae looked up just in time to see Mark's grandfather walk towards her. "You must be the girl I've been hearing so much about." 

Bae wasn't one to be shy, nor was she one to hold back, as you already know. "Yeah, I probably am." She shrugged, raising a hand in acknowledgement. Mark's grandfather stared at her for a few seconds before bursting into laughter. "Wow, Mark! You really found a keeper here!" He said, in between his laughter. Mark smiled and turned his eyes to Bae, giving her a thumbs up.

"I hope I don't seem rude by asking this, but are you rich? You look very classy and well put together." Normally in this situation the boyfriend of the girl who asked such a blunt question would facepalm himself, but no, Mark didn't even flinch; he was all too familiar with these kinds of situations. 

"You're not being rude, you're just asking what's on your mind. I like a girl who knows what she wants, I guess my grandson took after me." Vic (Mark's grandfather) chuckled as he poked Mark's side with his elbow. "You know, I'm surprised Mark didn't say anything to you..." Shaking his head with a soft laugh, Vic walked out of the room without another word.

Bae frowned deeply and turned to Mark. "He didn't answer my question." If there was one thing that Bae hated (let's be honest, there are a lot of things), it would be when people ignored her; she just couldn't stand when her questions were ignored. "Hey! Where are you going?" Ignoring her question (hah) Mark shrugged before walking out of the room, leaving Bae speechless. "Yah!" Well, maybe not speechless, but she was definitely confused.

"What the heck? How hard is it to say 'yes' or 'no'?? Tch, people these days." Continuing to grumble to herself, Bae dragged her feet out of the kitchen and into the living room. 

"YOOOOOO WASUUUUUUP!!!~~~~" Jackson and the rest of the boys rushed through the front door, practically shoving each other to get inside. "Dude! You guys totally ditched us at the park! I had to entertain the crowd on my own." Mark rolled his eyes at Jackson's expression, knowing that he wasn't sad in the slightest. "Please, you know you enjoyed the attention." Jackson's expression soon changed into his famous smile as he wrapped an arm around Mark's shoulder. "You know me too well."

"Jackson? Is that you?" Vic stood up from the couch and turned around, though he already knew who it was-- seriously, who else is that loud? "Grandpa T??? You're here already?~" Jackson's smile widened as he bounced over to where he was standing (yes, he literally bounced) "I missed youuuuu!!!" Vic patted his back as he continued to hug him. "I missed you too. I see you're still as hyper as ever." 

After pulling away from the hug, Vic cleared his throat in hopes of gaining everyone's attention. "I wanted to wait until later, but I'm gonna go ahead give it to you." Mark, Bae and the boys followed Vic outside, curious as to what he was talking about. 

As soon as he stepped out of the door, Mark's eyes landed on the big thing in the driveway covered in a cloth. "You didn't, did you?" Vic waved his hand, gesturing him to go look further. "Go see for yourself." Practically running, Mark tugged on the cloth before pulling it off completely. Loud gasps were heard from the boys (besides Jackson) as they looked at the sleek white car. 

"I wanted to have it shipped here right after you moved, but I figured I would wait until you can actually drive it, otherwise that'd just be pure torture to you." Chuckling to himself, Vic patted Mark's shoulder with a smile. "I'll distract your mom later tonight so you can take Bae out for a ride." He whispered, sending a wink. Mark shook his head, but nonetheless smiled. "Thank you, grandpa...this is amazing." Vic pulled Mark into a quick hug before patting his back. "This is nothing; I have something better for you later."

Tensing up slightly, Mark shook off the thought and put on a grin. "Another gift? You know this is more than enough, right? And besides, mom is definitely going to yell at you for bringing this here; she hated this car when I had it in LA." Dismissing his comment, Vic rolled his eyes. "Your mom just thinks it's dangerous; she'll get over it."

"Dinner is almost ready, why don't you guys go ahead and come in-" As soon as Mark's mother walked out of the door, she gasped --rather loudly-- "Ta-ke-kuann, please tell me that thing isn't staying here." (Note: 'Ta-ke-kuann' is the Taiwanese pronunciation for 'father in-law' at least, I hope so... If I'm wrong, please correct me)

"No, I just brought it so Mark could look at it and say goodbye.." Vic rolled his eyes, obviously showing sarcasm in his last comment. "Of course it's staying! It's his car, he should be able to keep it." Mrs. Tuan (Mark's mother) glanced at the car before glancing at Mark. "That car is dangerous, I don't want him driving it in a foreign country." Placing a hand on Mark's shoulder, Vic shrugged. "All cars can be dangerous; as long as you're not an idiot you'll be fine."

Before Mrs. Tuan could say another word, Mark's dad stepped out of the house and quickly understood what was going on. "He'll be fine, don't worry about him." He reassured, giving his wife a pat on the shoulder. Mr. Tuan took another look at the car before looking at Mark. "Hey, maybe now Bae won't be embarrassed to be seen with you- Well, after you fix that hair of yours...then you'll be set."

Frowning slightly, Mark patted his hair down while mumbling "What's wrong with my hair?" Bae, who was standing a few feet away from Mark, gave a thumbs up to Mr. Tuan. "I'm definitely not embarrassed anymore." Mark quickly whipped his head in her direction. "Anymore??" Before Bae could come closer, Mark took a few steps away from her. "Come on, I was just kidding! You know I would never be embarrassed of you~" Continuing with the act, Mark pouted after letting out a huff. "Don't worry about what your dad said; I like your hair, it reminds me of my Aunt's dog who died from getting hit by a bike."

Mark stared blankly at her, blinking every few seconds, before he shook his head. "I don't feel any better; I don't even know how to respond to that. How did your Aunt's dog die from a bike?" Bae shifted her gaze down to the ground. "Poor Kimchi...I never meant to hurt you like that... I never learned how to ride a bike after that accident." Having no words to say, Mark simply shook his head. *Why am I not surprised?* Though he felt bad for the dog, Mark couldn't help but laugh; he was just too entertained by her random --and odd-- confessions. 

Patting her head softly, Mark chuckled and led her towards the house. "Let's go inside and eat." Not understanding what he thought was funny, Bae tilted her head to one side. Just what was he laughing at? She couldn't remember anything that she said being funny. "Why are you laughing?" Bae felt more annoyed than confused after he ignored her question. "Yah! Why were you laughing??" 

"Oh, no reason~" The rest of the guys chuckled at Bae's expression before quickly making their way inside. "I didn't say anything funny! Why is is everyone laughing?!" After Mark's mother asked Bae to come and help with dessert, she completely forgot about being upset and ran inside --well, more like 'hopped' inside.

==

"So what did you do next?" After they were finished with dinner Mrs. Tuan sent everyone out in the living room so that she could finish making the cake with Mrs. Chu, which is why Bae and the boys were sitting around listening to Vic's stories. "Well, what would you do if your partner stole your company?" Without giving much thought, Bae shrugged her shoulders. "I would hunt him down and scar him for life, then take back the company." 

Vic laughed whole heartedly as Bae continued to stare blankly, not at all understanding why he was laughing. "I didn't do that, but I did get my company back." As if they were in a classroom, Jackson raised his hand and questioned how he managed to do so--well, he only asked a quick 'how?' but still...you get the point. 

"I walked in his office one day and held a gun to his head..." The expressions on the boys faces turned into ones of horror, even Bae looked shocked-- yes, she might be crazy, but she would never do something that bad...at least, not more than once (hah jk) "I'm kidding!" Mark let out a sigh of relief while his grandfather burst into laughter. "I would never do something like that. My ex-business partner went bankrupt a couple years after he stole the company, so I bought it from the bank with the money I had saved over the years."

"Aw~ That's not as interesting as the other version." Bae mumbled, with a small pout. "What company was it?" JB asked, seeing that no one else was going to. "It was a small restaurant called Hurry for the curry, yes that's what I came up with. About 2 years after I got the company back, I met a girl who stole my heart at first glance, and her name was Lucy." He smiled, giving a loving look to his wife before continuing. "'Hurry for the curry'? Did you sell other stuff besides curry?"

Vic waved a hand to dismiss Youngjae's question and quickly got back to his story. "After meeting Lucy and marring her, I decided that I wanted to change the company...so I could give a better life to her where she didn't have to stay in a kitchen until 1am everyday. I tore the old place apart and started from scratch, wanting to make it more of a place where people came for the food, but stayed for the environment and the customer service."

Bambam tried to wait for him to continue, but quickly realized that he had no intentions of doing so and decided to ask his question. "So...? Did it work out?" Vic let out a quick laugh as he leaned back on his chair. "Does having the top chain restaurant in Taiwan count as working out?"

The boys (not including Mark and Jackson) thought for a few minutes until JB mumbled "The top chain restaurant in Taiwan? Isn't that L.V. Tuan's- I'm such an idiot! How did I not know that sooner? It's the same last name and everything!" JB held his head as he took in all of his thoughts. "L.V. Tuan's?? That's not just a chain restaurant, that's the best place to eat there!"

Youngjae snapped his head to Vic with his mouth wide open. "L-L.V. Tuan's? I heard you have to make reservations 8 months in advance if you want to eat there! And there are 6 in total! People come from all over the world just to eat there." Vic smiled softly with a chuckle. "Yes, I'm quite proud of the place." Though the conversation had been going on for over 10 minutes, Bae only just now asked a question (and that was mostly due to the fact that she was in her own world) "So you are rich! Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I knew you would find out eventually." Vic shrugged his shoulders, letting out a quick laugh. "Okay, the cake is ready! Let's sing happy birthday~" Everyone quickly stood up and made their way into the dining room where Mrs. Tuan and Mrs. Chu were. "The birthday boy sits right in the middle."

Mrs. Tuan led Mark to his seat, placing the cake right in front of him. "1..2..3! Happy birthday to you~~~" A soft smile made it's way onto Mark's lips as he watched his friends and family sing (some louder than others -cough---Jackson---cough-) Through out the whole day, Mark had one thought that kept coming to his mind, a thought that he dreaded more than he would have liked. He loved his grandfather, that was obvious, but he didn't like the conversation that would come with him when he came to visit, and now he hated that conversation even more so: the thought of leaving Bae...he couldn't bear to think about it. With one deep breath, Mark let go of all the thoughts and worries and decided to just be happy in the moment, to appreciate the time he had with Bae and everyone else right now; he had no idea what could happen at any moment, and he sure didn't want to feel regret when he had such amazing people around him.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!" With a cute grin on his face, Mark bowed his head slightly. "Thanks-" "There's no need to thank us, just blow out the candles!" Mark rolled his eyes at Jackson, but nonetheless took a deep breath to blow the candles out. "Make a wish!~" *A wish?...* He thought, biting his lower lip in hopes that it would help him to think of something (it didn't though) One look, that was all he needed for him to make his wish; just one look at the goofy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter