I bet it would taste better if you were my girlfriend

For The Love Of Our Neighbors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Bambam's p.o.v.)

===

"You what?!"

I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, holding my stomach as I burst into laughter. "You tripped him?! Right in front of her??" I laughed again, this time a bit louder. "You're crazy, Bae! You know he's going to kill you, right?" I waited for her to answer, but instead she just 'hmmed' over the phone, sounding completely fine with the fact that Yugyeom will probably hate her.

"Please, he'll be thanking me." Scoffing, I rolled my eyes at her comment. Of course she would say that-- this is Bae we're talking about. "And why's that?" I figured she would wait a minute to answer, but she quickly spoke again, wasting no time in explaining herself. "I helped them become a couple! Of course he should thank me." C-couple? Yugyeom is actually dating her now?! "What?! How do you know they're dating?"

"I saw them walking out of the nurse's office together holding hands." She put it simply, making my heart ache even more. This is my best friend we're talking about! Some girl can't just come and take him away from me, that's just not right. We've been bestie's since we were eleven-- which is a year after we met (yeah, we kind of hated each other at first) but as soon as we actually became friends, we stayed that way. I just can't imagine Yugyeom being too busy with a girl to even hang out with me... At least I'll still have the rest of the guys and Bae if he does ditch me-- -gasp- but what if they all get girlfriends too?! And what if Bae moves to Taiwan with hyung?! Then I'll really be alone! I'll have to start raising cats even though I don't like them that much!

"Yah, did you hang up on me? I'll be really mad if you did." I quickly snapped out of my thoughts, remembering that I was still on the phone with Bae. "No. Sorry, I was just thinking..." She stayed silent for a couple of seconds before asking a question. "What were you thinking about?" I sighed, deciding to go ahead and say it. "Would you ever consider ditching us here to go and live in Taiwan with Mark hyung?" I said, not meaning to go as fast as I did. "No, I haven't yet." My shoulders deflated as I stopped walking completely. "So you're saying you would consider it in the future?"

"I don't know... Why are you so worried about it? Is it because of Yugyeom getting a girlfriend?" How does she know everything so quickly? Is she ever wrong? "It might be... I don't know." I sighed, feeling extra sad after thinking about everyone ditching me. I at least thought I'd always have Jackson by my side...but he'll probably ditch me too:(

 "Honestly, Bambam, I'm more concerned about you finding a pretty girl and ditching all of us, not the other way around." Aye~ What is she talking about? I shook my head and continued walking again, getting closer to the entrance of Auntie's cafe. "Like I would ever ditch you guys! I'm loyal, unlike--" I stopped in my tracks, staring into the glass window at Auntie's. "'Unlike'? Unlike what?" I heard Bae ask, causing me to clear my throat. "Uh...C-can I call you back later?"

I could hear her scoff over the phone, mumbling some stuff that I couldn't hear (it probably wasn't anything nice though!) "Tch, is there a girl you're looking at? You little-" "I'll talk to you later, bye~" I hung up, knowing I would regret it later. I slipped my hands into my pockets as I tilted my head to the side. She's cute...really cute.

I'm sure I looked weird to the people passing me by, but I clearly didn't care that much because I stayed in the same position, staring at the girl in the cafe. At first, I just thought she was cute, nothing more-- but as I kept staring at her, I realized how interesting she actually was. She was just sitting down alone, avoiding eye contact with everyone, but as soon as her food arrived at the table, her eyes lit up; she was practically beaming. She was like a totally different girl now-- all just because of food? She kept kicking her feet, biting back her smile as she began eating her food. I knew one thing for sure: I needed to talk to this girl.

I took a step forward, getting ready to walk into the cafe when the door su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter