Memories (pt. 4)

All my love is for you

Flashback (1 year ago)

"Stop sulking Yuri-ah." Taeyeon turned to look at Yuri who was dragging her feet while Sooyoung was busy munching on a sandwich.

It was the first day of their 1st Grade in high school. The 3 of them had been accepted into Soshi High School, a school that was well-known for providing the best support for musically talented stiudents. Both Taeyeon and Sooyoung were both very excited to be part of the school and enhanced their singing and dancing talents respectively. But Yuri was not looking forward to it.

" Why do I always have to be in the same school as Oppa? Isn't it enough trouble for me throughout my middle school?' Yuri started to complain to both Sooyoung and Taeyeon.

"But Yul, aren't you excited to have a dancing studio in school where you can spend time practicing after school?' Sooyoung eyes lit up as she imagined the school's dancing studio.

" I am. You know how much I love dancing just like you but I'm just afraid that I can't cope with the pressure once students know that Ji yong is my oppa." Yuri looked down, feeling all burdened.

"You don't have to worry so much. You still have us, Yuri-ah. We promised to always be there for each other right?" Taeyeon patted her back, trying to encourage her on. "It doesn't matter who your Oppa is. One day, people will like you for who you are, like how me and Soo accepted you. So, don't be discourage okay."

As they reached the school, they went to check for their classes and since all three of them entered high school due to their music talent merits, they were placed in the same class. The three of them then proceed to the school canteen since it was still early and also because Sooyoung wanted to buy some snacks. While Sooyoung was gone, both Yuri and Taeyeon sat close to each other and started to observe all the students walking around especially the girls. Taeyeon found out that Yuri was also into girls when she caught her trying to flirt with a girl at a restaurant, during their winter break last year. Taeyeon still remembered Sooyoung's dramatic reaction when she found out about Yuri. Sooyoung said that sooner or later she will also turn into gay and even questioned both Taeyeon and Yuri as to why they don't seem to have an interest in her. Both Yuri and Taeyeon almost barfed out their food after Sooyoung's remark.

"Yah!! Can the two of you stop being such a byun?' Sooyoung approached both of them from the back and grabbed both their necks by her left and right arms. "Let's go to class." Sooyoung dragged both of them along.

Everyday became a routine for the 3 of them as they became closer and spend almost all the time together except during their music subject. Taeyeon will be in the vocal class while Sooyoung and Yuri will be in the dancing group. Even after school ends, they will usually hang out at the dancing studio where Yuri and Sooyoung will practice their dance move and Taeyeon will sit at a corner singing. The 3 of them still study together but they will take turns to go to each other houses.

********************************

At a high school in the States (1 year ago)

"Excuse me, do you know where the ladies is?" a short petite girl turned around and saw a red-haired girl with one of the most beautiful eye-smile smiling at her.

"Mianhae. I mean sorry. I'm new here myself." the short girl replied.

"Oh my gosh!! Are you Korean too?" the red-haired girl exclaimed with a loud voice, attracting onlookers towards them. "Ooppss.. Sorry about that. My name is Stephanie Hwang but you can call me Tiffany." she stretched out her hand for a handshake.

"It's okay. I'm Sunny Lee by the way." as she took Tiffany's hand.

Both of them got along pretty well over the next few weeks of school. With Tiffany being the hyper talkative type, they were never out of topics to talk about. Both of them were born in the States but they came from a different middle school. While all of Tiffany's immediate family are already residing in the States, Sunny's grandparents are still living in Seoul, Korea. Tiffany had lost her mum to sickness 3 years ago but she was lucky to have a supportive family by her side. Tiffany had an elder sister who is 10yrs older than her while Sunny is an only child.

"Hey Sunny, did you notice this blonde-haired girl in our class who always seem to be alone and doesn't talk much? She seems to always be spacing out and there's a cold aura around her." Tiffany asked Sunny one day while they were out shopping at the mall.

"You mean the girl who sits by the window and doesn't seem interested in any mankind?" Sunny chuckled at her own remarks.

"Yah!! Don't judge her okay. We don't even know her well. Omo omo omo... Is that her at the ice-cream shop?" Tiffany pointed towards the ice cream shop and dragged a confuse Sunny along. Both of them sat at a table and observe the blonde-haired girl who was feeding ice-cream to another younger doe-eyed looking girl. Their table were quite close to each other which made it easier for Tiffany and Sunny to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Unnie, how's school so far? Did you make any new friends?" the younger girl asked.

"I'm too lazy to even introduce myself, what more make friends. Anyway, people like to judge me just by the way I look. They even got me a nickname "Ice Princess" and it's only been a month since school starts. I'm tired of people being judgemental." the blonde-haired girl sighed.

Tiffany and Sunny were shocked to find out that the blonde-haired girl was also a Korean and by the way she treated her dongsaeng, she showed a kind and warm character, which was the exact opposite of how she was potrayed in school. Tiffany decided that she had seen enough and dragged Sunny out from the shop.

"Fany-ah, can you stop dragging me here and there? Even though I know that I 'm small, I could still walk by my own." Sunny pouted.

"I'm sorry. I got too excited after hearing their conversation. I don't know why but I felt a certain connection with that blonde-haired girl and I really want to make friends with her." Tiffany smiled at Sunny, showing her eye-smile.

"Don't you think that you are being too friendly here? She might reject your kind offer to be friends." Sunny tried to change Tiffany's mind.

"That is why I've decided that we should introduce ourselves to her when her dongsaeng is still around. Didn't you see how different she is around her sister?' Tiffany explained her plan to Sunny.

"What do you mean by we? I don't want to freeze to death by her icy glare." Sunny shook her head trying to imagine that image in her mind.

"Don't be silly. She don't have that kind of superpowers. Anyway, you are Sunny. Obviously, you will be able to melt her since everyday is a Sunny day." Tiffany tried to came up with a lame excuse. In the end, Sunny agreed to Tiffany's idea. Both of them waited for the other two girls to exit the ice-cream shop before pretending to bump into them. 

"Oopps, mianhae. Sorry sorry." Tiffany purposely used the Korean language to grab the attention of the two girls.

"Gwenchana. Are you okay?" the younger girl asked. as she helped to pick up Tiffany's shopping bags that had dropped.

"You are Korean?" Tiffany asked the girl while her eyes looked to the blonde-haired girl who's expression doesn't seem too happy.

"Dae. My name is Yoona Jung and this is my unnie, Jessica Jung." Yoona replied with a wide smile as she pushed Jessica in front of Tiffany.

"I'm Tiffany and this is my friend Sunny. You are Jessica right? From Musical class at Michigan High School?' Tiffany looked at Jessica and gave her best smile to her.

"Daebak. You guys are classmates." Yoona was excited from the discovery. " Would you and sunny like to hang out with us, shopping and then maybe dinner?' Yoona invited Tiffany and Sunny while Jessica just folded her arms with an unreadable expression.

"I think we should give it a miss because I don't think Jessica is agreeable to it." Sunny decided to chip in when she thought that Jessica was giving them a cold shoulder.

"Pffft.. Typical judgemental people. I'm going to the ladies, Yoong. I'll be back." Jessica walked away and went to the ladies.

"Sunny! What did I say about judging others. We don't know her well yet." Tiffany reprimanded Sunny who looked down and felt guilty for her actions towards Jessica. "I'm sorry Yoona. I think my friend might have offended your sister. Is there anyway that we can pacify her?" Tiffany apologised to Yoona.

"It's okay, unnie. This is the first time I saw someone actually take the effort to come forward and try to make friends with my sister and also make an effort not to judge her. People usually just walk away from her without knowing how warm a person she is just because of the way she look." Yoona explained to Tiffany. 'My sister may look cold on the outside, but she's actually a warm person who is also very forgiving and don't hold grudges. Please be patient with my sister. It takes her time to actually open up to people." Yoona looked up to Tiffany and Sunny with pleading eyes.

When Jessica came back from the ladies, she was shocked to see Tiffany and Sunny still around and were conversing happily with her sister. Sunny saw Jessica and quickly apologised for her rudeness earlier on and as what Yoona said, Jessica accepted her apology. On that day, the 4 of them spend almost the whole day together. Over the next few days, Jessica was still in her own world but Tiffany and Sunny didn't give up in trying to make their presence felt around her. After seeing their efforts, Jessica slowly opened up to them and within a month, the 3 of them became bestfriends. They were always seen together, shopping and studying. Jessica became more lively and Yoona was thankful to Tiffany and Sunny for their patiences.