Memories (pt. 3)

All my love is for you

Flashback (2 years ago)

Taeyeon and Sooyoung were walking towards the school board to check their classes for the final year. Both were praying hard that they could be in the same class again. Since there were a lot of students at the board, Taeyeon was finding it difficult to look at the board as she keep on jumping to catch a glimpse of her name. Sooyoung on the other hand was able to see it at one glance and saw both their names under the same class but she decided to play a prank on Taeyeon. With a sad face, Sooyoung went to Taeyeon and asked her to stop jumping.

"Waeyo?' Taeyeon was confused with Sooyoung's action and when she saw her sad face, Taeyeon thought that they will be in a different class this year. Trying to cheer her  friend up, Taeyeon patted her back. "It's okay Soo. We can always meet up during lunch breaks and also after school.

"But it won't be the same without you." Sooyoung continued with her pretence. "At least let me walk you to your class since it'll just be beside mine." Sooyoung grabbed Taeyeon's arm and dragged her along.

Once they reached in front of a classroom, Sooyoung bid Taeyeon goodbye when she saw Taeyeon seated at the front row of the classroom. Sooyoung then turned around, trying to stop herself from laughing as she proceed to the classroom next door and take a seat at the back row, leaving a space for Taeyeon to sit beside her later on. After the school bell rang, most of the students are already in their classrooms. Taeyeon was still feeling upset about being separated from Sooyoung and didn't notice that a teacher had came into the classroom.

"Kim Taeyeon. Are  you sure you are in the right classroom?" the teacher asked her when he saw her in the front seat.

"Dae, seonsaeng-nim." Taeyeon replied confidently.

"I don't think so. From my records, you should be in the classroom next door. Same class as your good friend, Choi Sooyoung. Did you check your classes properly or is there anything wrong with your eyesight?" said the teacher.

"Mwo?!! Jinja? Mianhae, seonsaeng-nim." Taeyeon quickly rushed out from the classroom, running from embarassment as the students giggled at her. "That stupid shikshin. How dare she pull a prank on me?" Taeyeon clenched her teeth, rushing into the next classroom and almost bumped into a student at the door.

"Yah!! Why the hell are you standing at the door? And Choi Sooyoung, how dare you make a fool out of me?" Taeyeon shouted at the girl in front of her, as her eyes scanned through the classroom to look for her best friend.

"Is there a problem Ms Kim? And why are you shouting in the class?" A loud male voice was heard behind Taeyeon.

Taeyeon turned around and saw Mr Lee, their form teacher. She quickly apologised and looked down, feeling guilty, embarassed and angry at the same time. She stood beside the girl that she bumped earlier on.

"Since today is the first day of school, I'm going to let this matter go. Both of you better not be late again. Go and take your seats at the back beside Ms Choi" Mr Lee instructed both the girls.

Both of them quickly walk to the back but since Taeyeon was still angry with Sooyoung, she forced the other girl to sit beside Sooyoung. Sooyoung saw what Taeyeon did and she felt guilty for making Taeyeon angry. Throughout the whole lesson, Sooyoung tried to communicate with Taeyeon by throwing pieces of paper at her but she ignored her. The girl in the centre of them got so irritated that she slammed her hand on the table, resulting the teacher to take actions on them.

"Alright! The three of you go and stand outside of the classroom." Mr Lee shouted at them.

The three girls silently went out of the classroom and stood outside but their squabbbling didn't end there. They continued blaming each other for what happened, making a lot of noise outside of the class until Mr Lee had to go out and gave them a final warning to behave unless they want to proceed to the principal room. The girls stopped whatever they were doing and stood there silently until Sooyoung decided to speak up.

"Tae, I'm sorry for pulling a prank on you. I didn't know that you will be so angry about this." Sooyoung said with guilt written all over her face.

"I'm sorry too, Soo. I should have controlled my temper instead, since I know that you were just joking around." Taeyeon replied and hugged her bestfriend.

"Great end to all the drama." Sooyoung and Taeyeon turned to look at the other girl who had been dragged into the dispute because of them.

"Omo, I'm so sorry to have troubled you. I'm Taeyeon, by the way." Taeyeon bowed her head and apologised.

"I'm Sooyoung and I apologised for my behaviour earlier on too." Sooyoung offered her hand for a handshake.

The girl sighed and shook her head before she broke into a laughter. Sooyoung and Taeyeon looked at her, puzzled with her reaction.

"I'm Yuri and it's surprising that you both were able to make me laugh. I've actually heard quite a lot about the two of you. Sooyoung the shikshin and Taeyeon the midget, am I right?' Yuri replied as she took Soooyoung's hand and shake it.

"Hey.. I'm not a midget okay and you look familiar. Have we met before?" Taeyeon frowned, trying to remember if she had meet Yuri before.

"You saved me from the VIPers fangirls last year." Yuri said with a grin on her face.

"Ohh.. so you were that girl with that attitu..." Sooyoung was not able to complete her sentence when Taeyeon suddenly cupped to prevent her from talking anymore.

"So, we met again and this year we are classmates. Daebak!!" Taeyeon quickly said and send a signal through her eye contact with Sooyoung to just let the matter rest. When Taeyeon was about to continue their conversation, Mr Lee went out of the classroom and punish them by not allowing them to go for their lunch break, instead the 3 of them had to clean up the classroom.

********************************

During the lunch break, Sooyoung was complaining about how she's dying without food and only stopped when Yuri offered her lunchbox to her.  Yuri explain that ever since the incident last year, she always avoided going to the canteen during lunch breaks and will usually packed food from home to eat alonely at the school rooftop or in the classroom. She explained that Kwon Ji yong is actually her older brother but she didn't want others to know because she had enough of girls trying to be friends with her just so that they can get close to her brother. Yuri said that today was the first time that she actually felt happy and envious of the friendship between Taeyeon and Sooyoung. When Sooyoung told the stories of how she always pulled a prank on Taeyeon and vice versa, Yuri couldn't stop herself from laughing. They continued their conversations until end of lunch break before going back to their seats, whereby Taeyeon is now seated in between them.

"Hey Yuri, want to come to my house and study together?' Taeyeon offered Yuri as the three of them were walking out of school after it ends.

"It's okay. I don't want to trouble the both of you. I'm used to studying alone. By the way, I had fun today during the lunch break." Yuri replied Taeyeon, trying to hide her sadness. Even though she really wanted to make friends but the past experiences made her think twice.

"Yuri-ah, you will never be a trouble to us. Furthermore, it's much better to learn together than alone. It's our final year in middle school this year. Let's study and play hard together." Sooyoung smiled, trying to change Yuri's mind.

"We understand your fear in friendship and we are not forcing you. But me and Soo would loved to have you as our friend and like what Soo said, study and play hard together." Taeyeon grabbed Yuri's hands and gave it a tight squeeze.

Seeing how sincere both Sooyoung and Taeyeon are, Yuri can't help but to feel touch for their efforts. She can't help it but to shed some tears as both Sooyoung and Taeyeon came up to her and gave her a hug. Since that day, the three of them were always together, studying and playing hard until they graduated from middle school.