Memories (pt. 1)

All my love is for you

Flashback (4 years ago)

Sooyoung was playing by herself at the front of her house when she saw a big truck stopped at the house besides hers. She saw a few men went out from the truck and started to move furnitures into the house. Sooyoung knew that her neighbour house has been vacant for the past one year and a new family had just moved in. Excitedly, she went inside and dragged her mum out to witness everything. A few minutes later, a small car came by. A middle-aged couple together with two young girls exited from the car. When they noticed Sooyoung and her mum, the couple smiled and greeted them.

"Annyeonghaseyo. We are your new neighbour. I'm Kim Sang Hyuk. This is my wife and two daughters, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon." Mr Kim introduced himself and his family.

" I'm Mrs Choi and this is my daughter, Sooyoung. Nice to meet you all." she offered a handshake to both Mr Kim and Mrs Kim.

Sooyoung, who was standing beside her mum all this while, came up to Taeyeon and Hyoyeon and offered them a handshake. "Annyeong. Nice to meet you, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. Would you like to come in and play with me?" Sooyoung looked up to her mum, asking her for permission which her mum gladly gave.

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon then turned to their parents and after Mrs Kim nodded her head, both of them promised to behave and excitedly followed Sooyoung into her house. Mrs Kim apologised to Mrs Choi for having to impose on her on the very first day they arrived but Mrs Choi said that she didn't mind since Sooyoung is an only child and had always wanted to have friends to play with. While Mrs Kim and Mrs Choi continued their conversation, Mr Kim excused himself to attend to the moving in matters next door. Mrs Choi told Mrs Kim that she was very glad that her new neighbour had children of the same age as her daughter and that day was the first time she saw Sooyoung smiling so happily ever since her dad passed away last year due to an accident at work. Mrs Choi had to continue working to support both of them and at times, Sooyoung will be left alone at home. Mrs Kim told Mrs Choi that she and Sooyoung will always be welcomed at her home and Sooyoung can always stay over when she goes to work.

" Hyoyeon, which middle school are you going to?" Sooyoung asked while they were on her bed playing card games while Taeyeon was looking at Sooyoung's family photo's on her bedroom wall.

"Middle school? Are you attending middle school too?" Hyoyeon asked Sooyoung who nodded her head and showed one finger up, indicating that she will be in 1st Grade of Middle School. "Ahhh.. that means you are an unnie. Like my unnie. I'm only in 6th Grade of Primary School." Hyoyeon smiled and pointed to Taeyeon.

"She's your unnie? I thought you were the unnie since she look shorter than you." Sooyoung replied but quickly covered when she realised that she had accidentally insulted Taeyeon who was glaring at her. "Mianhae, Taeyeon-ah."

Taeyeon sighed and sat on the floor, near the bed. "It's okay. I'm used to it already. People always mistake Hyoyeon as the unnie because of the height difference even though it's only 1cm and also because they said I look like a small kid." Taeyeon pouted.

"Unnie, are you saying I look older than you?" Hyoyeon grabbed a pillow and threw it at Taeyeon.

"Yah!! It's not my fault if people see me that way." Taeyeon smirked at Hyoyeon who rolled her eyes and continue playing with Sooyoung. "So Sooyoung, you will be in 1st grade Middle School, same as me. Which school are you going to?" Taeyeon turned and looked at Sooyoung.

"Sone Middle School and you can just call me Soo or Youngie." Sooyoung smiled at both of them.

"Daebak. I'm going to the same school too. Hopefully we can be in the same class, my chingu. And you can also call me Tae." Taeyeon replied and high-five with Sooyoung. "Soo-unnie, you can also call her Taengoo since she likes the number 9." Hyoyeon chipped in.

********************************

Ever since that day, all 3 of them got closer. Taeyeon and Sooyoung were glad that they were classmates and will always go to school together. Everywhere they go, they will always be together and will hang out at Taeyeon's house after school. Sooyoung calls Taeyeon's mum as Umma Kim while Taeyeon and Hyoyeon will call Mrs Choi as Umma Choi. Everytime when students in school tried to bully Taeyeon and called her short, Sooyoung will always be there to protect her even though Sooyoung herself sometimes will call Taeyeon "midget". Sooyoung said that only she is allowed to call her that because they are bestfriends. Taeyeon is always thankful to Sooyoung for defending and protecting her even though she gets pissed off sometimes when Sooyoung called her "midget'.

One day, while the both of them were on the way back to school, Taeyeon noticed that Sooyoung's face seems to be paler than usual and she keep on holding her stomach. Sooyoung was lagging behind and breaking into cold sweats. Taeyeon also noticed that Sooyoung was not as talkative as usual especially after their lunch break at school.

"Hey, Soo. Are you okay? You don't look that good.' Taeyeon stopped in her tracks and turned to look at Sooyoung who was walking slowly behind.

"I'm fine. I think so. I just feel a slight pain in my stomach and feel like vom..." Sooyoung was not able to complete her sentence when she started to throw up at the side of the road.

"Oh my god, Soo." Taeyeon rushed towards Sooyoung and started to rub her back. Taeyeon searched through her bag for some tissue paper and passed it to Sooyoung to wipe . "Get on my back. I'll piggy you back home." Taeyeon told Sooyoung when she saw how weak Sooyoung was and was not even able to stand up properly.

"Anni, anni. It's okay, Tae. I can still walk.. Arrgghhh, my stomach.' Sooyoung clenched her teeth when she felt a sharp pain in her tummy.

"Don't be stubborn, Soo. The faster we get home, the faster Umma can take a look at you. I'm sure Umma will know what to do. Come on. You don't have to worry. I'm strong enough to carry you. Trust me, okay." Taeyeon forced Sooyoung to lean on her back.

Taeyeon brought Sooyoung home as fast as she could. Even though it was with a lot of difficulties since Sooyoung was taller than her, Taeyeon perservered since she was really worried about her bestfriend and didn't want anything bad happening to her. Once Taeyeon reached home and put Sooyoung down on her couch, Taeyeon went to look for her mum. Mrs Kim called the house doctor to come and also informed Mrs Choi about Sooyoung's condition which the doctor later on diagnosed to be stomach flu. When Mrs Choi came back after work, she wanted to bring Sooyoung home but Taeyeon begged her to let Sooyoung stay at her house.

"Umma Choi, can Sooyoung just stay over and rest at my house? I want to look after her. Furthermore, tomorrow is a saturday and there's no school. I know that you need to work tomorrow too so just let me take care of her." Taeyeon asked Mrs Choi who was trying to wake up Sooyoung and bring her home.

"I don't want to trouble you, Taeyeon-ah and also your family. I've already imposed a lot on your family especially when Sooyoung stayed over when I'm working.' Mrs Choi felt guilty for imposing on the Kim's family.

"It's okay, Choi. I've treated Sooyoung like one of my daughters too. She has never been a trouble to me and family." Mrs Kim chipped in

"Yes, Umma Choi. Sooyoung has always been there for me especially in school so please let me do my part as her bestfriend." Taeyeon pleaded to Mrs Choi, feeling sad seeing her sick friend sleeping peacefully on her bed.

"Okay then. Thank you so much, Taeyeon. Sooyoung is very lucky to have such a caring friend like you." said Mrs Choi.

"Anni, Umma Choi. We are lucky to have each other. She's my bestfriend forever.' Taeyeon replied with her dorky smile.