Helping out

All my love is for you

At the Kwon's house

"Yuri-ah... I really need your help please. Just this once only." Ji yong tried to use his aegyo on his younger sister.

"Eeewwww... Oppa. Stop acting cute okay. It doesn't work on me. Why can't you just perform like you always do? It's almost the end of July.  The Summer Break Festival is only 2 weeks away." Yuri shifted her attention back to her handphone. She was resting on her bed since it's a Sunday when her brother came into her room and ask for a favour.

"I''m still performing, it's just that two of the groups had to withdraw at the last minute as they had no time to prepare for it since they are in their final year of high school. So please help me, my cute dongsaeng." Ji yong pleaded.

"Why do I have to be the one replacing them? I don't want to be treated like a replacement. I don't have enough time to prepare anyway." Yuri felt angry and stared at her brother.

"Don't think it that way, Yuri-ah. Take it as an opportunity for you to show your talent. Two weeks is more than enough to prepare especially with your talent. The whole performance takes up about 1 hr. Currently there's about 4 groups who are peforming excluding mine. Each group will perform for about 10 mins. You can't expect me to perform for the remaining 30 mins right?" Ji yong said.

"Oppa, the remaining time is only 20 mins. How do you even calculate?" Yuri shook her head at her brother who was busy re-calculating again.

"Oooopss... Anyway, I can't be performing for the whole 20 mins right. I've only got time to practice for 3 songs which will take up only about 10 mins. I need you to help me out with the last 10 mins, please." Ji yong was trying his best to change her sister's mind.

"I'm not sure Oppa. I've to think about it first. It's not easy to dance for the whole 10 mins you know." Yuri frowned, thinking of any solution.

"I'll give you time to think okay but try to get back to me by end of this week. Thanks lil sis." Ji yong ruffled Yuri's hair and walked out of her bedroom. Yuri then took her handphone and texted Taeyeon and Sooyoung to ask them to meet her up at their favourite patbingsoo shop.

********************************

At the patbingsoo shop

"Hey, Yuri. How come you are later than us if you ride here?" Sooyoung asked as she scooped a mouthful of patbingsoo.

"I took a shower before heading here. How come you guys are so fast?" Yuri questioned both of them as she placed her helmet on the table.

"You should know how sensitve this shikshin is when it comes to food. Right after you texted us, my house doorbell almost burst with this Soo pressing it non-stop. For your info, that is her second serving." Taeyeon pointed to Sooyoung's bowl of patbingsoo.

"Anyway, what's so urgent that you need to meet us up?" Sooyoung ignored Taeyeon's remarks and turned to Yuri.

"It's my oppa." Yuri sighed and start to tell the whole story to both of them about her conversation and her brother.

"10 mins? How can we dance for the whole of 10 mins?' Sooyoung folded her arms and frowned.

"I was thinking that we could dance for 5 mins and the remaining time, Taeyeon could sing a solo. We could ask Hyoyeon for help too" Yuri explained.

"Mwo?' Taeyeon was shocked with the suggestion. "How come you guys can perform as a group but I've to do it on my own? It's not fair." Taeyeon pouted.

"But Tae, none of us is that good in singing. Of course we can sing but we are better at dancing." Sooyoung seems to agree with Yuri's idea.

"If possible, I really don't want to perform but I've been rejecting Oppa's request all this while and I felt that he really needed my help this time. Furthermore, I want to use this opportunity to overcome my fear." Yuri looked to her two friends who nodded, showing that they understood her intention.

'Let me text Hyoyeon and ask her whereabouts." Taeyeon took out her handphone. A few minutes later, a reply came in. "She said that she had just reached home. So let's go then."

********************************

At the Kim's house

"Choding-ah..." Taeyeon shouted the moment the 3 of them got into the house. When there was no reply, Taeyeon stood in front of Hyoyeon's room and kicked the door. "Kim Hyoyeon!!! Aarrgghhh..' Taeyeon suddenly rolled on the ground holding on to her feet.

"Aiissshhh.. This midget. Trying to act tough by kicking the door when her feet is so small." Sooyoung said as she stepped over Taeyeon and walked towards Hyoyeon who was on her bed, holding onto her headphone with a confused look.

"Pabo.' Yuri knocked Taeyeon on her head as she helped her up to her feet.

"Yah, Choi Sooyoung. How could you just step over me without offering any help? And you, Kim Hyoyeon, how come you didn't hear me calling you out." Taeyeon pointed her fingers to both Sooyoung and Hyoyeon.

"Tae-unnie, I was listening to music. Mianhae." Hyoyeon apologised as she shifted herself so that all four of them could sit on her bed.

"Don't worry about her. We've got something important to discuss with you and need your help." Yuri shoved Taeyeon aside as she starts to tell Hyoyeon the whole story and also their plan for the performance.

"Woooww.. A dance performance. That's so cool. But singing alone for the first time, are you okay with it, Tae-unnie?" Hyoyeon asked her sister with a concerned look.

"Even though I don't have any stage fright like Yuri, but singing alone for my first stage performance does sound scary. Choding-ah, do you want to sing a duet with me? Let Yuri and Sooyoung dance and we both can sing." Taeyeon asked Hyoyeon with pleading eyes.

"Singing? I rather dance for the whole 10 mins than sing with you, unnie. Don't get me wrong. I just think that with your singing vocals, I'll never be able to match your tone." Hyoyeon explained.

"Tae, I think you'll be able to do well. Trust me. Furthermore, it's easier for you to practice alone since we don't have much time to prepare at the moment. We'll always be there with you, so no worries." Sooyoung assured Taeyeon as Yuri and Hyoyeon nodded along.

"Yuri-unnie, can I ask Yoona to join us too? Since both of us are in the same class, we can help each other to come out with dance moves." Hyoyeon asked Yuri.

"I've got no problem with that. As long as Yoona is willing." Yuri replied.

After further discussion, the girls decided to meet up at the schools's dancing studio after classes tomorrow since Hyoyeon and Yoona will not be having the same lunch break as their unnies. (In Soshi High, lunch breaks are separated between 1st yr, 2nd yr and 3rd yr students.)