Should I?

All my love is for you

Patbingsoo Shop

The girls were seated at a long table. Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung and Taeyeon on one side and Yoona, Jessica, Sunny and Tiffany on the other side, in that order. They were all discussing what to do for their summer break besides studying and it was getting noisier by the minute until..

"Can't we just sleep during the break?" All eyes turn to Jessica and for a few seconds, the atmosphere suddenly become quiet before the girls continue to talk again and ignored her. Jessica pouted as she put her elbow on the table with her chin resting on her palm. Yuri smiled at Jessica's cuteness but her smile disappeared when she saw Yoona grinning cheekily at her. Yuri quickly face down and pretend to be busy eating her patbingsoo.

While the girls were busy discussing, Sunny noticed that Tiffany was not as talkative as usual. Instead she will just giggle and laugh at everything that Taeyeon did. Everytime Taeyeon looked at her and smile, Tiffany seems to be blushing. Sunny also noticed that Taeyeon has been paying extra attention to Tiffany, always asking her opinion about whatever plans that the group came up with. Suddenly, Sunny stood up.

"I need to go to the ladies. Soo, can you accompany me?" Sunny looked at Sooyoung who was busy eating her second serving of patbingsoo.

"I'm busy, Sunny-ah. Anyway, this is not the first time we are here. You should know your way to the ladies." Sooyoung answered Sunny but when she saw Sunny glaring at her and giving her an eye signal to follow, she automatically stood up. "I think I need to go to the ladies too."

********************************

In the restroom

"What's that all about?" Sooyoung ask Sunny the moment they closed the door behind them.

"Does Tae really like Fany that much?" Sunny asked with a serius tone. Sooyoung's jaws dropped after hearing the question but no answer came out. "When Hyoyeon said that her sister got a crush on Fany and has been looking for her before, is it true?" Sunny asked again.

'Sunny-ah, what if Tae really like her? Will she be able to return Tae's feelings? I don't even know if Fany swings that way. I don't want to see my bestfriend get rejected and hurt. But Tae did asked before about love at first sight and said that she kept thinking about Tiffany way before they got to know each other. Right now, I'm not sure if Tae still feels the same way." Sooyoung looked at Sunny and sighed.

"Love? Hhmm.. This is more deep than I thought. I'm not sure about Fany's feelings towards Tae but from what I observe, Tiffany seems to be happy everytime Tae's around. During the times when you guys were busy with the performance, she was always spacing out. She almost turn into another Jessica." Sunny explained to Sooyoung when she suddenly grabbed both Soo's shoulders. "Should we help them out?"

"Mworago? Are you crazy? What if Fany rejects Tae?' Sooyoung shook her head.

"Wae? My gut feelings tell me that Fany also shares the same feelings as Tae. We don't have to do anything much. I'll help by finding out Fany's true feelings while you just need to confirm Tae's feelings about her. That's all" Sunny explained her plan.

"Should I?" Sooyoung thought about it and after deciding that there's no harm in just asking, she agreed to Sunny's plan. "Keep me updated on your side and I'll do the same. From there, we'll see how things go." as Sooyoung pushed Sunny out from the restroom.

"Hey.. What took you both so long? We are almost done with the discussion." Yuri voiced out as she saw Sooyoung and Sunny walked towards the table. Both of them said sorry and just giggled at each other as the rest updated them about their plans to have gatherings every weekend of the summer break.

********************************

In front of Kim's and Choi's House

Sooyoung and Taeyeon were sitting on their house stairs. Yuri had just left home on her bike 5 mins ago. Both of them were just staring at the night sky until Sooyoung decided to start her plan.

"Hey Tae, remember a few months back, you asked about love at first sight and how you were slightly obsess with Fany. Do you still feel the same way now?" Sooyoung turned to face Taeyeon.

"No." Taeyeon answered while she was still looking at the sky. Sooyoung was stunned by her reply and was just about to open before Taeyeon continued. "I said no because the feelings have grown deeper now. Have you ever felt like you always want to try your best to make someone happy just because their smile makes your day complete? Have you ever felt so worried when you can't see the person to know how's their day been like? Have you ever felt like you want to protect someone from all the pain in the world so that they won't have to shed anymore tears? And have you ever felt that even if the feelings are one-sided, you will still want to continue doing all of those? If this is what love is, then I'm in love with her."

"Why don't you confess your feelings to her?" Sooyoung asked in a serius tone.

"And risk losing her? No way, Soo. If friendship is what she can give to me, I'm happy with that." Taeyeon answered.

"But what if she also share the same feelings as you? You'll never know if you don't try, Tae. And if she really values you even as a friend, you will never lose her. Think about what I said, bestfriend. Good night." Sooyoung patted Tae's back before standing up and walked into her house at the same time, texting Sunny.

Taeyeon continued to sit outside as she looked up at the sky. "Confess? Should I?" Taeyeon talked to herself. 10 mins later, she stood up and went inside her house.

********************************

At Sunny's bedroom

"Hey Sunny, have you ever been in love?" Tiffany suddenly asked when the two of them were lying on their bed, getting ready to sleep.

"In love? Not that I can remember of. What's with the sudden question?" Sunny asked Tiffany as she put her phone aside, after reading a text message from Sooyoung.

"I don't know. I'm confused about something. It's okay. Just forget it." Tiffany was reluctant to tell the truth as she was unsure of Sunny's reaction.

"Come on Tiff. You know you can always tell me anything. I promise I'll be impartial." Sunny tried to encourage Tffany to talk.

"Well, remember when Hyoyeon accidentally spilled about Tae having a crush on me. Ever since then I keep replaying her words in my mind. I'm not sure why but knowing that she has an interest in me, it kind of makes me happy." Tiffany smiled at Sunny.

"If a guy likes you and you are happy, I guess it's normal. But you are happy because a girl likes you and you don't know why you feel that way. Let me help you out. Answer my questions as honest as you can." Sunny said to Tiffany as they faced each other.

Sunny: If I say I like you, what do you feel?   

Tiffany: Hhmmm. Happy. You are my bestfriend, of course I'm happy.

Sunny: Okay, wrong example. If Sooyoung says she likes you?   

Tiffany: Sooyoung? Liking me as a friend?

Sunny: Okay, okay.. Let me rephrase it again. What if Sooyoung says she loves you?

Tiffany: Love? But I just treat her as a friend, that's all.

Sunny: What if Taeyeon says she loves you?

Tiffany: Taetae? I... I..

Sunny: The fact that you even have a nickname for her, means that she's special to you. I think you actually know what you feel about her but you are not ready to admit it.

Tiffany: She makes my heart beat faster but at the same time, her presence calms me down. I feel happy just by looking at her smile. But I've never had any interest in girls before.

Sunny: For your info, I've notice that Taeyeon always pay extra attention to you and your needs. Maybe you are gay only for Taeyeon. Why don't you try talking to her about this?

"Should I?" Tiffany asked Sunny back who just shrugged and bid her good night as she switched off night stand. Tiffany laid down on her pillow and tried to close her eyes to sleep while Sunny was smiling away as she replied Sooyoung's earlier text message.