Seconds

Faint Love

 

two

 

 

leo.

 

It took me a while to go back to my senses. I turned my head against her stare, facing down the window pane. It was a while, but it was worth keeping... I took a glance of her, she had her head down low again. As soon as her form passed by me, I put my hand on my face, covering half of it. 

 

My cheeks, head, body was burning.

 

It was the first time I felt this feeling, and it was weird for me... My heart skipped a beat for a second there. I wasn't sure why, but I felt like my whole body was floating in mid-air. I shook my head and tried to forget about it. But how could I forget? The feeling was new to me. I scratched my nape and stared at the sky outside, the window reflecting my embodiment. I was dazed for a while, and I know I wasn't really like this - Spacing out and all... I was confused. What actually happened?

 

"He's like ice! Cold as ice!"

 

"If you stare at him for 3 seconds, you'll get frozen like ice!"

 

My eyes were distant.

 

It was 10 seconds...

 

I finally started walking, trying to regain my subconsciousness... Passing by all the rooms, I for good had reached my destination. Classroom 1 - B. It was in front of my eyes. I slid the door open, letting myself in the room. There was nothing in there, not even one shadow except for mine. I was glad though. No one was there to bother me, no one was there to make a noise - A noise that I totally despised. I walked towards the seat beside the window pane at the left. I sat on the chair, my chin resting on my left palm and my right hand resting on the wooden table. I was contented. 

 

With no one around, to be able to gaze upon the cherry blossoms and sleep peacefully, who wouldn't get contented with this kind of life? As I gawked at the heart-shaped blossoms, a random image appeared to mind. 

 

It was that girl.

 

My heart thumped once more, my eyes got wide, my chin left my palm... I didn't expect her to just pop up in my train of thought leave that kind of expression unto me.

 

What has become of me!? I blinked a few times, trying to realize what was going on with me and my sudden oddity. I sighed. I was probably making a big deal out of it too much. A girl just stared at me for more than 3 seconds, so what!? It's not like it mattered, though. I buried my head on my arms and closed my eyes, trying to get the shuteye I deserved. 

 

"He's so cold! I do admit that he's pretty cool, but he's just so peculiar..."

 

"Don't even try to get near him, he'll just brush you off. It ticks me that he's like that."

 

"What are you staring at? Jerk."

 

"I stared at him for 5 seconds! Beat that!"

 

I shut my eyes even tighter. I said, I'm gonna try to get the sleep I deserved... Not these kinds of thoughts. So far, I haven't seen Hak Yeon. Well, I'm not even anticipating it. I sighed and tried to doze off again. Finally, after a while I was able to wonder off to dreamland. Until... "Gah! It happened again!" I screeched under my breathe and ruffled my hair. It was troublesome, her image kept on appearing in my mind! It felt like it wouldn't leave me any sooner. I just can't get her off my head.

 

Why...?

 

soo ah.

 

The morning was bright, the sun's rays were hitting my eyes and it hurt. It was a new day and a new school year. And this time, it would be even better than last year's. There are a lot of things to get worried of - Monday blues was a given, but all of them faded away in an instant. "Today will be a great day!" I thought...

 

And I just hope it would.

 

"Good morning!" I greeted with my usual smile. Mother got startled when I greeted behind her back. She turned around and gave me her warm smile. The wrinkles beside her eyes, her pleasant smile, the scent of breakfast early in the morning... Everything was so full of life! Yeah... Everything was going my way, and I bet it would get even better!

 

Going to school was a brand new experience for me. My mother and I moved to this neighborhood last month, and I had to attend a new school. It gave me benefits because I'd be able to start fresh, though I was still trying to adjust. As I kept on walking down the pavement, I was sunk deep in my thoughts. As expected, I was still worried... How could I adjust to my new school? An introvert like me, it would be impossible to cope up with everyone and have a fun school life.

 

There was another problem, too! Everytime I passed by people, they kept on staring at me. It felt like I was an alien, an outsider of some sort. I wasn't used to people looking at me, nor gaining a lot of attention. I was caught up in a huge crowd in front of the school building.

 

"Look at her!"

 

"Who is she?"

 

"She's really pretty..."

 

Everyone kept on chattering. I couldn't find my way out, nor look for Ji Eun, my childhood friend. She would usually shoo everyone who kept on annoying me. Though the people around me are not really annoying me, their stares did. I wasn't used to it. I didn't ask for people peering right at this way. I didn't want to gain attention! Not at all, not from strangers... How I wish Ji Eun was right beside me at that point in time. She did say that she was gonna go to this school, but where exactly is she?

 

So there I started my journey... My journey around school, that is. 

 

The whole school was huge and big! Anyone could get easily lost in this kind of place. Anyone like me, that is. I just hope that I find Ji Eun soon, or else I might not attend the entrance ceremony, in which, I don't really mind. I walked towards a corridor. I kept on walking, thinking that this time, I would meet Ji Eun. I glanced by the window. "Ah..." I whispered to myself. "The cherry blossoms are finally blooming!" I thought.

 

It was a very wonderful sight. It looked like little pieces of pink paper were blown away gently by the wind.

 

The whole view was soothing, my mind was at peace. If only this feeling would last longer... I stared at the long corridor and thought that there was no one in there, but to my surprise, there was someone. He was also staring at the window. His eyes seemed very distant. They were longing for... Something.

 

I took very light steps as I approached him, until I got stunned as he stared at me. 

 

Those raven orbs were piercing through me...  I can't keep my eyes off this man, not until my eyes tell me to stop. My head felt blank.

 

It merely took 10 seconds...