Her

Faint Love

 

five

 

 

leo.

 

My mouth was gaped open a little. The location of her classroom in another building was just in front of the window pane - The one where I laid my eyes on. If I remembered correctly, that was Classroom 1 - A in the Fourth Building... Well, of course our buildings would be nearby, my building was the third! Our eyes were fixed on each other, it went on for a long time that I didn't notice! She blinked twice, her thin, pinkish lips opened a little. Argh, she looks cute... I bet she's looking at a weirdo now since I kept on gazing at her. Who couldn't? Not even someone like me could avoid her eyes. I turned my head around, breaking the contact. I bet my face was tomato red! Geez Taek Woon, restrain yourself...! 

 

I took a glance of her, she was gone.

 

I sighed and took time to think for a while. My head snapped; a lightbulb flashing beside me. I immediately ran towards the door, gaining the attention of the other students inside the classroom. Just when I was about to open the door, someone was one step ahead of me. "Ah!" I was startled when I saw Hak Yeon's face in front of me. So much coincidences in one day... "Hak Yeon-hyung!" I clamored with my gentle, smooth voice, as described by the only people who have heard of it.

 

Right in time.

 

"What's up?" He asked, welcoming my questions with a smile. I pushed him out a little and closed the door. I hid my hands behind my back and leaned against the now closed door, "Uhm..." I purred, still thinking of the words I had to say. "You gonna thank me?" Hak Yeon grinned, raising his body up and down with his two toes, hands also hidden behind his back. Ah, yes... He did do it, maybe?

 

This was his plan - To ruin my facade with placing her by my side.

 

But then, how did he even know it was her?

 

How did he find my Mrs. Jung?

 

Why do I even call her that!?

 

"So you did it! What the hell were you - " I bawled out without thinking. I was just, well, confused... At the same time I was happy and annoyed; I had a mix of emotions. "You like it?" Hak Yeon's eyes enlarged like an owl's. "What were you thinking exactly? Do you think I would be happy with this?" I sighed, massaging my aching forehead. Why hyung... Why? So it was him after all - 

 

"I just thought that it would make you happy. Well, I mean you don't have to sleep once more at home. When you're early to school, you can just sleep some time off, other than wasting time still at home right at this hour rushing to school..."

 

Wait...

 

What?

 

"You..." I pointed a finger at him, "Are you mad? Please don't be mad~" He begged like a puppy. He had these sparkly eyes that kept on shining. I was really frustrated. "You did not do that?" I asked once more, putting emphasis on the word "that" for him to clearly understand. All he did was slightly tilt his head, "Did what?" "That." I answered back, "What?" He replied. "Ah..." I batted my eyes and bit my bottom lip. It wasn't him! The sudden realization made me embarrassed, I couldn't think straight! Hell, I was about to fall from my spot! "...Eh? Ah... Wha - " My lips were trembling as they were crooked and all. Blood started rushing to my cheeks. They were becoming pink.

 

I suddenly had a stutter.

 

 

n.

 
 

The Taek Woon in front of me was different from what I have ever seen before. He never even showed this side of him to others, not once! He was wobbling, about to fall from his place! I bet he wanted to faint, but he was just holding back! Heh~ How cute! Maybe he was embarrassed so much? I didn't get what he was trying to say, since he was stuttering and all, or was I just an idiot? "Taek Woon-ah! Are you okay? What's with you?" I asked worriedly. Though I had to admit I didn't know whether he was just acting cute in front of me or he was really hurt, but I did worry.

 

...A little.

 

"Err... N-Nothing! I-I was just, uh..." He said in a quivering manner and flung his head, a little sigh escaped from his lips.

 

"Or perhaps you were just missing your hubby?"

 

leo.

 

Hubby... 

 

What?

 

"Wha - " I flushed even more, smoke escaping from my head. I wanted to slap and tell myself to wake up, get things straight and right and just talk properly. If only I could speak my head, then I wouldn't be like this - an introvert who likes to think instead of talking... Someone who could express himself freely. Well, I was already expressing myself in front of Cha Hak Yeon.

 

By blushing at his words.

 

"Eh~ I knew it!" He clapped his hands and jumped all around, while I flung my head again and covered my face with my hand. Pathetic. "Taek Woonnie's in love~ My boy has grown! They grow up so fast..." Hak Yeon brushed away a fake tear. "Hit puberty did 'ya?" He smirked at me. "Shut up!!!" I screamed under gritted teeth. I didn't even know what to do anymore. I didn't even know which one was more important: handling this man in front of me or handling myself... Probably the latter, but I prefer both to keep my world at peace. The guy kept on teasing me! Just because I was younger doesn't mean he could torture me with his words. I tried to hold back my blushing and gave him a death glare. "Heh..." He stopped laughing and was frozen like stone.

 

Telepathy worked! The message was:

 

If. You. Don't. Stop. You. Will. Never. See. The. Bright. Tomorrow.

 

I sighed to myself... It was a good thing I was born to live the word "Violence". Luckily, the bell saved him from being beaten to the brim. We entered class as our teacher approached the classroom, Hak Yeon was dazed and all. It left him a traumatic impact! Served him right.

 

The bell rang which signals lunch time. Finally, I couldn't sit still on my chair. All I did was hung my head low, my cheeks rested on my creamy white palm and pretended to be taking notes. I couldn't find the right position, avoiding the position wherein I had to face the window. I did glance a little though, but it was just a little! I promise! I only stared at the beautiful cherry blossoms... Not her! Not at all. I pouted as I stood up from my chair, an arm wrapped around my shoulder. He was not done yet, that Hak Yeon. "What now?" I asked in a low voice. "Let's go eat, okay~?" He invited and dragged me out without my permission. Why couldn't he just stop!? Well, I couldn't help it. It can't be stopped... And I had no choice but to just go with it, wearing my usual poker face as I passed by people still with Hak Yeon's tanned arm around me.

 

It was probably the weirdest scenery they've ever saw.

 

He flinched; something caught his attention. Of course, I had to be included in all of this. He ran towards two girls while I stayed behind his back. "Ah! You're Cha Hak Yeon right?" The girl with pigtails smiled. "It's been a long time~ How are you?" He replied to the girl. These two know each other? Wow. I tried lifting my head and took notice of the girl, she was familiar, but the girl beside her was - 

 

"Ah! Taek Woon, this is my classmate from dance school, Park Ji Eun~"

 

"It's very nice to meet you! Oh! Are you two friends, Hak Yeon-ssi?"

 

"Yeah~ Right, Taek Woonnie?" He swayed my body.

 

"I almost forgot! This is my childhood friend, Jung Soo Ah. Please treat us nicely~"


"I... Hope we get along w-well..." Soo Ah muttered.

 

Jung Soo Ah, huh?

 

So that was her name...