Confession

Faint Love

 

thirteen

 

 

leo.

 
 
 
It was morning. And I overslept.
 
 
The alarm didn't wake me up, nor my sisters did so. I woke up, realizing that I was about to get late for school - 7:30. In thirty minutes time, I was about to get late, so I panicked; rushed to the bathroom, ate my breakfast, brushed my teeth, put on my uniform and readied my bag. If only I didn't oversleep that time, maybe things would go my way... Well, it was too late for that. I got to school still with my bed hair on. I ignored the others who kept on staring at me while sprinting pass the hallway. I ruffled my hair, grooming it to the usual - Bangs at the left side. I just hope that Cha Hak Yeon wouldn't scold me for being late. For goodness' sake, he's not even my mother! I walked in the classroom at the same time the teacher did. Lucky I was spared... I approached my seat while I got a slap on my back by Hak Yeon.
 
 
"Yah!" He pouted, "Why are you late? I told you to not get late."
 
 
"Overslept." I reasoned out in one word. He frowned and just focused on the first period - Homeroom.
 
 
I can't believe I was late this time. I usually don't get late, but it seems like today might be different than the others. I didn't even get some time to do my hair, and my bag was probably a mess inside. I took a peek at the window beside me as I slouched on my seat with my notebook wide open on the table. 
 
 
Her seat was empty.
 
 
Well, I guess she would be absent. A heavy breath got out of me as I stared at my notebook, all of the words of the teacher was coming in my ears and out. I wasn't listening today... Oh well, there's Hak Yeon when you need him, I mean, when the teachers would say some important matters, hyung would always be there to remind me whenever I forget or not listen. At times, Hak Yeon is reliable, he had some use after all. After a few minutes of homeroom, I did nothing but stare blankly into space. While lazing around staring at the window, I saw the empty seat get filled with a girl. 
 
 
So she was just late.
 
 
Soo Ah moved the chair and sat on it, head hung low as always... But it seemed like she was upset or something else. Maybe because she was late and got lectured by the teacher? I just hope he didn't scold her too much, she looks disappointed. I mean, we are students after all, and there are times when we would get late. Even the geniuses get late - It's not like the teachers don't get late too!
 
 
...Why am I even defending her side?
 
 
I sighed and made my dry lips wet by them. I guess nothing also went her way afterall. I mean, she was late, and I know that a person like her would like, never get late. But today was an excemption. I know. Time passed by, and all I heared was the silence of the outside, the teacher ranting and Hak Yeon who kept on nudging me at the arm who was, minute by minute, reminding me to listen. I didn't care, I didn't listen... 
 
 
The silence itself was calming.
 
 
The storm of cherry blossoms.
 
 
The bright, blue sky.
 
 
Her swift hand moving as she wrote some notes.
 
 
The way she tucked some hair behind her ear...
 
 
Maybe, just maybe... Things would go my way today. I hope...

 

n.

 

It was unsual to see Taek Woon get late today.

 

I mean, I wonder why he would get late.

 

It was five minutes passed eight and he was not yet here. Usually, he would be sitting on his seat dozing off or listening to Park Hyo Shin's songs thirty minutes before class would start. I was fretting over it while waiting, a lot. The door then slid open, I was expecting for it to be Taek Woon, but unfortunately, it was the teacher instead. I scratched my head and reminded myself to scold the younger since he was late. The kid was sometimes hard to wake up... And he would eat a lot for breakfast. He would munch and gulp all the food like a hungry horse. 

 

Followed by the teacher as he came in was Jung Taek Woon, coolly walking in the classroom with hands tucked in his pockets. Geez, this kid, how could he be so calm when he's late!? I sometimes don't get him, not at all! I waited for him to sit on his chair, and by the time he did, I slapped him at the back. "Yah! Why are you late? I told you to not get late!" I pouted. He answered back with one word and remained silent - Overslept.

 

After that, I didn't bother him... Well, after a minute I would but he seemed off today.

 

I wonder why?

 

By the time lunch came, I invited Taek Woon out to the cafeteria, being the obedient boy he was, he did nothing but shrug and joined me anyway. With my arm wrapped around his neck, we walked together towards the cafeteria while I shared some more stories with him. "Ah! Yesterday, you forgot your earphones! I got it right here." I took them out from my pocket and gave it to him with a wide grin. He blinked at it for a while and took it, "Thanks." Another one word reply. "Hey, are you sad or something?" I shook his body, teasing him. "...Maybe." He shrugged once more, "Tired." He uttered. "Oh~ So that's why you overslept." We entered the cafeteria and got our lunch. He would usually get my hand out of him and or shake me off of his body since he doesn't like skinship that much, but again, he didn't. Maybe he was just lacking sleep. I know Taek Woon, he's a sleepy head. He would also space out from time to time. "Hmm..." I murmured and frowned. I just hope he's feeling well today.

 

The time we got in the classroom, some third year was blocking the door. I blinked at her back profile, "Uhm, excuse me, we're gonna get in and you're in the way." She turned around, it was a girl with brown-orange curls and make-up. She was playing with her hair with a pout on her face, "Are you Jung Taek Woon?" She asked me as my eyes widened, "Hah...? Excuse me?" "I said I'm looking for Jung Taek Woon!" She repeated in an even louder voice and swished her hair away. 

 

She pointed a finger at me, "Hey, hoobae, have you seen him?"

 

"Why do you need to see him, sunbae?"

 

"I have some rather important matters to talk to him."

 

I fell silent for a while, and when she got her finger off of me, I turned around to Taek Woon who was following me behind my back. He had a confused face and slightly tilted his head, "...What?" He whispered in an anxious manner; his voice was so low and gentle that I didn't almost hear anything.

 

"It seems like someone is looking for you."

 

leo.

 
A girl? Looking for me?
 
 
What?
 
 
I took a peek of her the time Hak Yeon-hyung said that someone was looking for me. I didn't expect it! Suddenly, a girl out of nowhere was looking for me? And out of all the people in the world, it was a third year whom you couldn't even lay a single finger on? It felt wrong... They have their own territory and it felt like they owned the world. The school was their domain.
 
 
"So you're Jung Taek Woon?" The girl smirked and scanned me from head-to-toe, while I kept my pokerface on and stared back at her, "Come with me." She said as she turned her back around and started walking. "What's up with her...?" I mumbled to Hak Yeon-hyung who was shocked, "I, eh... She said she had important "matters" to talk to you about." He shrugged. I too was shocked. Only a few weeks, more like nearly a month passed by from the start of school and a sunbae already knew my name and was looking for me? I just hope it wasn't trouble though... If it was, then I'm out of it. Maybe it was because of my trademark - "Pokerface" which was famous all around the school. There were also others - The "Ice Prince" and "Emotionless".
 
 
But I didn't know it would reach the third years by this point of time already.
 
 
I followed her behind her back while the other first years and second years stared at us. It was unsual for a third year to get to our building.
 
 
The first and second years are together in three buildings - Buildings 1, 2, and 3.
 
 
While the third and fourth years have the Buildings 4, 5,  and 6.
 
 
Third and fourth years were not allowed to enter our buildings, but only if there were given the permission to or they just got away. Amusing - This girl made it, huh? We made it to the rooftop, which was also restricted from all students, but she made it out her way again. "You're quite lucky though, since you were granted something like this by a girl like me! Heh~" She swished her hair, yet again. I blinked at her, "Uhm... What do you want from me?"
 
 
"You clueless man~ Don't tell me you don't know what this is." She walked towards me and grinned, "This is a confession!"
 
 
A confession...?
 
 
...What!?
 
 
"So... Here you are, confessing to me?" I asked her as she nodded and grinned to herself, putting her hand on her waist. I know this kind of girl - She was someone who looks highly of herself... What do you call that? It was on the tip of my tongue... 
 
 
Ah! Narcissistic!
 
 
"I don't like people like them..." I murmured, "Hah?" She asked me while I looked straight at her, "I'm sorry, but I have to say no." gaped open and she couldn't utter a word, "Wha... What!? You - You're rejecting me!? Me!?" She gasped, "How could you? I mean, I like you... Couldn't you give me a chance?" She begged and pleaded, her face saying "Look! Here I am already pleading for it!" I shook my head and turned around, "I'm sorry." I left her there and walked down the stairs, thinking to myself. She's probably grabbing her hair and screaming, confused. Well, it wasn't my fault... I mean, how did she even fall for me in the first place?
 
 
I sighed, I don't even know her name. I didn't even like her. I didn't say "Yes" because...
 
 
I was saving it for someone else - Someone that I like.