Meek

Faint Love

 

thirty-nine

 

 

n.

 

I was enjoying the fact that Soo Ah and I are now classmates. Taek Woon didn't like it though. He probably only wanted to be classmates with Soo Ah, and not with me. I guess it didn't go well along his plan. I once asked him if he disliked my company, but he answered "Not really. You're fine. Just don't do anything stupid." I mean, is trying to get closer to Soo Ah because I didn't get the chance last time something "stupid"? He was so blunt that it sometimes hurt me, and it was hard to read his mind. But either way, he's Taek Woon, and I can't possibly bring myself to hate him. He's a man of a few words... So he's not actually expressing himself whole. And that is why people misunderstand him sometimes. I sighed as I kept on walking along the hallway. The teacher called me to bring some papers to the faculty, and now I'm on my way back to the classroom.

 

Some thoughts kept on lingering around my mind - It was about Taek Woon and Soo Ah. Taek Woon was becoming meaner towards me a lot lately. Why? I think it was the effect of having Soo Ah around. And I might've been clingy with her too much. Preferably the latter. It was his first time actually liking someone a whole lot. "Heh, how cute." I spoke to myself. "He's trying to be protective, even though he actually knows that I won't steal his girl." I chuckled to myself, bringing my clenched fist towards my lips to hide my smiling face. "Ah, youth..." I exhaled as I stretched out to relax my muscles. "When will I get my love story...?" I made a long face.

 

"I wonder how Ji Eun and Jae Hwan are doing." 

 

Right after I said that, I bumped unto someone. It was unexpected, actually. There were only a few people walking by the corridors, and yet, I ended up hitting someone. It was a girl and her height was around shoulder level. Now I know why I bumped unto her - She was tiny, and I found it charming. When I hit her, some papers fell from her grasp. "S-Sorry..." She bowed her head low and bent down to collect the papers. I did the same to help her as my way of apologizing. "No, I'm sorry." I smiled and gave her some of the papers. I skimmed through her unfamiliar features. A first year, huh? 

 

The girl nodded again. She was about to head her way when she stumbled once again. I think I didn't actually bump unto her. It was that she was just clumsy. "Aigoo." I caught her before she made her big fall. The girl's face flushed when she was in my arms. How cute, I smiled to myself. "How clumsy." I teased, making her blush even more. I finally let go of her small figure; she nodded and said her thanks, and then left with her ears colored crimson. 

 

I stared at her back and smiled when I turned to the other direction. Adorable.