Call

Faint Love

 

twenty

 

 

leo.

 

It was three days ago.

 

When the space between us got even closer.

 

Hak Yeon bought a new smartphone, and he was fussing about it all day. "Leo-ya~ Help me with this." I rolled my eyes and neared his seat. I bent over to scan the contents of the phone. He was using his Twitter account, the status box empty. "What should I tweet today?" I knew it. He was boasting about his new phone - Rubbing it in front of my face. "...Could you just... Ugh!" I rubbed my temples and tried to calm my balled fists down. "Just what?" He grinned with his thick lips.

 

"Go ask someone else about that. You're being too obsessed about that phone." I mumbled.

 

"Yah! I'm not obsessed... And you're the only one who - Ah! A new follower!"

 

I slapped my face. I promise I've never found someone this annoying my whole life. If I had a Twitter account, I'm gonna make sure to make Hak Yeon a trend as the most impossible person to deal with. "At least I use my phone!" He shouted at me, a small arrow stabbed my chest. "Tch..." I clicked my tongue and backfired, "I don't waste time for these kinds of things... And I don't have much people to talk with." I whispered until the end. 

 

"That just shows that you're lonely." He mocked me.

 

It took a minute silence for me to decide. "I'm leaving...!" I stood up, put my hands on both my pockets and left Hak Yeon who was shuffling his bag. "Yah! Wait for me!" He hurriedly grabbed his things and followed me from behind. "And who told you to call me "Leo"!?" I asked, irritated as ever. "I thought you'd like it!" He answered back, smiling widely.

 

It's not like I don't like it... I want her to say it instead.

 

n.

 

"Oh yeah! Why don't you ask that... That... That girl's number?" I suggested as I walked beside Taek Woon.

 

He glared at me silently, "Yah! Her name is Soo Ah! Soo Ah! And it's not "that girl"!" He suddenly blurted out, making me jump from my spot.

 

"Geez Jung Taek Woon! Calm down!" I raised both my hands up, "It's just a name, you know?" I raised an eyebrow as he slapped his face one more time, "It's rude." I gave him a crooked smile, "Okay, okay... Fine! But what I'm more surprised about is that you actually know that it was Soo Ah I was talking about, hehe~" I teased the kid who hung his head low. "And I've never seen you get so angry with just a name! My, oh my~ What is my Leo hiding~ Hmm?" I spoke in a womanly voice. Beside me, Taek Woon shuddered. He was always creeped out with my lady voice. How adorable!

 

"Oh youth~ " I smiled and reached out my hand in front of the latter. He stared at it and faced me, looking confused, "What?" Taek Woon batted his eyes twice, "Your phone. Hand it over." Nonchalantly, he handed me his phone. I was quite happy that the kid was obedient today... It made things even easier for me. "Yah~ Taek Woonnie! I wrapped an arm around him, pushing buttons on his phone. "Thank you for being the indifferent person you are. You're making things easier in life, for both me and you!" I grinned, gazing at the screen.

 

"...What the heck are you doing!?" He tried to peek. Taek Woon was really confused, well, no matter! I gave him back his phone and started walking ahead. "Oh! Thank me later~ I'll give you a text message, so be sure to check it once in a while, 'kay!?" I shouted.

 

leo.

 

The time I got home, I threw myself on the bed and loosened the hood that was covering my face. "Ha..." I sighed, staring at the ceiling of my room, "What a tiring day..." I whispered to myself and shifted my position, facing the phone which was beside me, vibrating. What now? I thought as I took it and saw that I had 2 missed calls and 2 new messages, sent two hours ago when I was roaming around. I didn't notice them, until now.

 

"Huh." I checked the missed calls, and it all came from Hak Yeon himself; as well as the text messages. I rolled my eyes, with my teeth gritted in frustration. I checked all of them.

 

Subject: Important!

Sender: Cha Hak Yeon

 

Why didn't you pick up!? I told you to check your phone once in a while...

 

Subject: None.

Sender: Cha Hak Yeon

 

Taek Woon-ah~ If you see this message, text me back! Oh! And don't forget to check your contacts... Are you mad? Is that why you don't answer my calls? Text me immediately! :(

 

"Ah geez, this guy!" I typed on a  new message to reply to the unending complaints of Cha Hak Yeon. 

 

Subject: Shut up!

Sender: Jung Taek Woon

 

Hyung! Stop worrying! I was helping my big sister do some errands, that's why I didn't notice your calls or messages or whatsoever. So could you just stop messaging me already? And what's with my contacts anyways...? 

 

Curiosity grew over me. I wanted Hak Yeon to answer the question himself, but for a while, he didn't reply. I was impatient, so what I did next was check my contacts, as what my hyung told me to do. I saw a number with no name... Seriously, why would Hak Yeon would put an entry without a name!? I dialed it, without knowing who it was...

 

 

soo ah.

 

I couldn't see Taek Woon nor Hak Yeon-ssi once today.

 

It was kind of a let down.

 

Ji Eun told me that the whole day I was sulking, which I didn't notice myself. I never thought that I would sulk with just this - Not being able to see the people I know, just for once. I guess they were busy and all? That was all I thought about while going home. I opened the door to my room, dropped my bag and sighed. The last time we saw was last week Friday... And it had been a long time since. I've decided to take a hot bath. After 30 minutes, I got out of the shower, put some clothes on and dried my hair.

 

"History... Biology..." I spoke in monotone as I took out my textbooks and sat on my desk to do my homework. I scribbled for more than ten minutes and thought a lot on my homework. But I couldn't focus at all. There was something else running in my train of thought. "I don't wanna~" I complained and put my pencil down, pouting and staring into space.  "Ah!" The bright and striking light on the ceiling attacked my eyes, I had to close them for a long while.

 

An image flashed in my mind - Taek Woon.

 

No, no, no! I shook my head, my face sunk in deep red. Just when I wanted something to distract me, my phone vibrated. I reached for it and realized that it was an incoming call. I tilted my head and wondered at the unknown number. "Hello?" As soon as I did, there was a dead silence a the other end of the phone. "...Hello?" I once again tried to call the attention of the caller.

 

"...Soo Ah?"

 

The familiar at the other end of the phone voice cracked.

 

"T-Taek Woon-ssi...!?"