Disregard

Faint Love

 

three

 

 

leo.

 

Right now, I didn't even feel like trying at all.

 

All of my thoughts were messed up! My mind was everywhere... I couldn't think straight. Everything in my head was a mess and was scattered all over. How I wished this terrible dream would end. I tried thinking of happy thoughts, in the end, I couldn't... Well, if you could call that image of the girl a happy thought, then I guess I was still sane. Again, I tried to think straight, putting all the pieces of the puzzle back together. To start off - What was up with me? I was not usually like this, that was what I thought of though. For a moment there, I forgot who I really was; the way I acted, my behavior and personality, my name... My everything. They suddenly left my mind at that time when I met eyes with her. There was one more problem...

 

I couldn't get rid of her! My heart was still thumping fast, like it's going to explode any minute!

 

It kept on bothering me... The way she looked at me, the fact that it lasted for 10 seconds, the way I reacted towards her... Was that all an illusion? Or was I just making a big deal out of this?

 

...Yeah, that's probably right. I was making it a big deal, something which isn't really important. But still, I felt nervous and all.

 

What could possibly make me attracted to her?

 

Disregard! Disregard everything... Everything that happened until now! Just think that it was all a big misunderstanding, of how you thought of her, that is. It's not important to me, not at all! It was nothing more than an illusion and my mind was just playing with me... That was all to it.

 

...I guess.

 

n.

 

Taek Woon's probably mad at me right now.

 

Of course, my instincts didn't - couldn't  lie to me. Yep... I saw it all on the classroom's window.

 

He was murmuring to himself... Probably cursing me behind my back. He was screeching, ruffling his hair every now and then and kept on burying his face on the desk! It felt like he was about to kill someone, or solely just destroy the table. That kid! He just keeps everything to himself! He gets mad at someone, but doesn't even speak his mind! He should learn a thing or two from me - Being talkative and all, that was my forte.

 

And here I thought he was in the gymnasium for the opening ceremony, but I was too worried that nothing may welcome me there; like a man wearing his trademark - "Poker Face". It was habitual for him to avoid the opening ceremony and just sleep in class. Happens every year, trust me. 

 

If he needs to release his anger, then he has to do it with me face-to-face... Though I might regret it later. He has the habit of hurting people whenever he's irritated at something - One of those is me. I'm actually pretty scared getting my pretty face injured. For someone who was younger than me, he was really an intimidating person. Violence - The kid learned it earlier than me. I decided to enter the classroom.

 

I'm sorry Principal, but I have to skip this year again. This kid's mood swings and issues were far more important than your long- speech.

 

"Jung Taek Woon!" I shouted under gritted teeth as I neared his seat. "What's up with you skipping the ceremony again? Do I have to remind you every year that - " He raised his head.

 

"..."

 

"...Woah."

 

leo.

 

"Do I have to remind you every year that - "

 

I raised my head, for a while, Hak Yeon kept quiet.

 

"...Woah. What's with you?" He blinked his eyes thrice. Wait, what did he saw exactly? "Wha... What!?" I asked in a low, shrieking manner. "What do you mean? You're so red!" Red? What? I cupped my cheeks, and as annoying as I have to admit, it was true. They were burning, again. "Tch." I hissed under my breath. Really, really Jung Taek Woon? You have to show him this? And of all people, it has to be with Cha Hak Yeon!? I sighed, my forehead cringed and glared back at him. I noticed that he flinched a little. "It's none of your business." I turned around and planted my chin on my palm once more, facing the window.

 

He had his mouth in an "O" shape. What now?

 

"Could it be... I knew it!" Hak Yeon cheered. Seriously, I don't know if this person was just acting like the usual or he was totally broke. "You were guilty!" He had a big smile plastered on his face. "Wha - " With wide eyes, I turned around to face him, what the hell does this guy want from me!? 

 

"So, tell me about Mrs. Jung!"

 

"Hah...?"

 

"...You mean my mother?"

 

I blinked twice and tilted my head. He slapped his face flat! I have to admit, it was hard identifying who was the real idiot at that time. "You... Ugh." He sighed, "You like someone don't you?" Hak Yeon stared straight at me. As expected, that girl wasn't the only one who could stare at me for more than seconds...

 

"Hey! I want to have a staring contest!"

 

"...Hah?"

 

"See? I won! I stared at you for more than 10 seconds! Now, can we be friends?"

 

"But... Why would you - "

 

"It's because you look so cool and all!"

 

I stared back at Hak Yeon. I guess there was no use lying... After all, we had been together for a very long time, and I bet he probably knew a lot about me. I bet he knew how I looked like when I lie. "I..." I gulped and opened my mouth.

 

"I like animals, especially cats." I stated in monotone. "Liar!" Hak Yeon protested. See? What did I tell you eh?

 

"As I said, you don't have to know, now go away." I made hand gestures of shooing the "puppy" off. But that jerk of a puppy didn't even turn his back. "I guess you couldn't get her off your mind, and you were irritated about it." Spot on. This rascal's a genius! "Heh~ I really admire myself." He grinned. "Admire yourself on your own brooding room, you - " Before I could even continue, he grabbed my wrist as he rushed out of the classroom, dragging me to some place else. "What the!?" Hak Yeon is one persistent guy. I would always wonder why I even got close to him. "Let's find your Mrs. Jung!" Just the thought of it made him thrilled, he couldn't stop smiling! Maybe he was just doing it to make fun of me, or make me want to attend my very first opening ceremony. But... "Ah."

 

"Everyone would think you're weird too if you hang around with me..."

 

"Don't care!" 

 

To be honest, I didn't actually hated it... The fact that Hak Yeon was with me.

 

"He's ignoring us again, like we're transparent."

 

"I was surprised Hak Yeon made it."

 

I just couldn't ignore people like Hak Yeon...

 

"I'm just glad."

 

"About what?" I asked.

 

"That there would be another person to be by your side."

 

 

author.

in the end, they couldn't find taek woon's "wifey".

:3