Odd

Faint Love

 

thirty-eight

 

 

ken.

 

I looked at Hak Yeon-hyung starting from the bottom up until the top. I then gave him a smug frown. He raised an eyebrow as his face wrinkled and it was clear that he was unhappy. "So..." I coughed, "You're here?" I asked in a sarcastic tone, pointing a finger at the tanned boy in front of me, cocking my head which made my neck became longer. Hak Yeon scoffed and rolled his eyes, "I didn't know that you, Lee Jae Hwan, is here."

 

"I can't believe you passed." 

 

"I can't believe you passed." Hak Yeon repeated.

 

"Unfortunately, I did." I smirked as he crossed his arms once more, "My, my... The heavens has sent us a sign of misfortune!" Hak Yeon raised both hands, putting emphasis on his words and turned his head to the side to face Taek Woon-hyung. "Shall we dispatch of him to avoid furthur... Ahem." He cleared his throat before continuing on, "Turmoil!?" Hak Yeon was, apparently, the center of attraction - more like distraction - at that moment. Taek Woon looked to the side. I could clearly see his face cringing. He was probably about to blow. The paler one approached me, "Just tell us why you're here." 

 

I sighed as my lips stuck out, "Haven't you heard the news yet? Aish! These people are not updated..." I scratched the back of my head, "Starting from now on, I'll attend this school!" 

 

"We know that." Taek Woon sighed, "I'm asking why you're here and not with your group."

 

"Ah! That..." My face lit up as my lips curved into a cheerful grin, "I'm lost. Help me find the bathroom."

 

 

ji eun.

 

What luck, Park Ji Eun. What luck...

 

I can't believe that I'm classmates with the weird guy we just met earlier.

 

What was his name again? Lee Jae Hwan, I think? Hak Yeon and Taek Woon both told us that they've known Jae Hwan since middle school, but they've been separated because he transferred to another school and now he's back, reunited with them. I examined the man in front of me - The only feature about him that caught my eye was his big nose. He didn't look Korean at all at that moment. He looked like a foreigner... He also spoke and acted like one. Not really a foreigner though, more like an alien... He was so strange and you just couldn't help not to keep your eyes off of him. Well, because he was too playful and noisy and he showed a bunch of distracting expressions on his face in just mere seconds. He stands out from the crowd because of his dynamic character. "Is he usually like that?" I asked Taek Woon. The silent guy only nodded with a heavy sigh, staring at the man who kept on persisting Soo Ah to help him find the comfort room. 

 

By the time I entered my classroom, I saw faces that I was very unfamiliar of. I bit my bottom lip. I asked myself why things ended up like this. I still couldn't understand why Soo Ah suddenly became classmates with the other two while I was left out! "Is this your plan, destiny?" I murmured to myself. My gaze averted back to Jae Hwan who was already comfortable talking with the others. He was getting along quite well with them. Unbelievable. Everyone was enjoying his company. They were all surrounding him, laughing at his corny jokes and slapping his back with smiles glued on their faces. "Or maybe I was put here to babysit this guy." I snorted at the thought of it. 

 

 

The teacher entered the room. Each and every one of us got out of our seats and made a ninety-degree bow. "Can't believe I'm a second year." I whispered to myself by the time he signaled us to sit back down, and so we did. The teacher rubbed his two hands after scanning all of our faces, a slight smile crept up on his face. "It's nice to meet you everyone." We replied back by nodding our heads up and down. He then summoned someone over. Jae Hwan stood in front beside the teacher. All eyes were on him now. The teacher bowed his head gently, indicating him to start introducing himself.

 

Jae Hwan cleared his throat, and everyone fixed themselves up - They all sat properly, with their backs rested on the backrest and they were all set and ready to lend their ears to the newcomer. "Wow" was all I could think of in my mind for I was surprised that they were actually anticipating for his introduction to the whole class. The man in front clasped both his hands and raised his feet a little, easing the tense that was building up around him. Who wouldn't be tensed? Everyone was actually going to listen.

 

"Where does a fish work?" 

 

No... No, no, no.

 

Everyone looked at each other.

 

He's not going to make a joke, is he? I closed my eyes tightly. Even though I barely knew him, I'm starting to feel embarrassed. "Where?" Someone sitting from behind shouted. Jae Hwan breathed in some air; he was excited to answer the question. "In an offish!"

 

There was an awkward and momentary pause.

 

He surveyed the classroom and then broke the silence. "Hi! I'm Lee Jae Hwan, please treat me well." Jae Hwan bowed. His face beamed and was b with delight, even though his attempt at making a joke failed. He returned to his seat, which was right next to mine and looked at me with a proud expression.

 

What an oddball...

 

 

author.

have you guys seen the trailer for this story yet?

comment if you did! and also, write your thoughts about it.

i'm kinda needing constructive criticism with this story so that i would know how to improve it.

anyways, ken's appearance! yay!

i hope you enjoyed this new chapter~!  thanks for reading!

:3