Remember

Faint Love

 

twenty-seven

 

 

soo ah.

 

I couldn't recall what happened last night. It's a Sunday morning, and my head was still spinning so bad. I shut my eyes tight for a long time and opened it. I became dizzy. Woah! What a night... I sighed to myself as I heaved my heavy body up from the bed. "What happened?" I asked myself, massaging my temple. I blinked for a hundred times. All I could remember was that I didn't finish my food at the restaurant because I couldn't eat. I couldn't eat because Taek Woon was sitting beside me. "How embarrassing." I said to myself as I rubbed my tummy. I felt stupid because I couldn't eat last night just because of some shallow reason... Well, who wouldn't become embarrassed when someone is diligently watching you eat? My stomach growled. "I'm hungry." I scratched my head as I went downstairs to grab a bite.

 

It was eight o' clock. I was still pondering about it at the dining room. I slowly munched on my food as I laid my eyes on the table. "Mom~ Sister's acting weird again." My little brother, Soo Hwan, complained. Guess he was weirded out with me... The kid was nine years old. "Hmm?" I raised my head and stared at the boy in front of me. He shuddered. "You look like a dead person." He took a big bite out of his egg. "...Really." I nodded to myself as I kept on biting my bread, still in a daze.

 

"Could you stop that..." He grumbled.

 

"Stop what?"

 

"That."

 

I blinked at him. My mother spoke out of the blue. "Your brother left for work today." She peeked from the kitchen wall and shot me a smile. "It's a Sunday." I mumbled. She just shrugged. I've  finally decided to finish my meal.

 

 

I laid on my bed for a while in a starfish-like position. I stared at the ceiling. I was scared that it might melt because I have been looking at it for quite some time. I kept on asking myself - Why can't you remember what happened? I have to admit, I was tired, and when I'm tired, I couldn't think straight. Should I call Ji Eun? But then I might bother her... As much as I would like to know how I got home, I wouldn't want to become an inconvenience. I bit my bottom lip, my mind was still in a blur. I got down to get something. I was about to run back to my room when Soo Hwan called out to me. "Hey sis~ Who's that guy that was with you last night?"

 

I faced him with wide eyes; I fluttered them in confusion. "...What?" He asked once more, eyes not leaving the television. "The guy that you were with last night? He said that he was a schoolmate..." As if by instinct, I rabidly ran towards the couch and sat beside him. "Did he say his name?"

 

"No. I think."

 

"What does he look like?"

 

"He was... Tall?"

 

I was silenced for a while. "What else?" Soo Hwan raised an eyebrow, "What are you asking questions for?" 

 

"It's an emergency." I reasoned out. "How is that connected!?" He debated. "How's his skin color?" 

 

"He has really fair skin. Oh! And his voice was so faint, it was like he was whispering." Soo Hwan informed. "He carried you on his back last night. He said that you were tired, so he had to bring you home." I sat there fazed. 

 

It's frustrating that, of all things, that one night was the only moment that I couldn't remember.