Wary

Faint Love

 

forty

 

 

soo ah.

 

Remembering that it was the first day for the freshmen, I searched for Hong Bin and Won Shik. I've only recalled now that they will study here, in the same school as mine. I am such a forgetful person... 

 

It was lunch break and I didn't bother about skipping lunch; all that mattered at that point in time was to see my two hoobaes and greet them welcome. I kept on running endlessly, searching for the two. My feet came to a sudden stop when I ran by Ji Eun's classroom on the first floor. "Ji Eun-ah!" I whispered, poking my head from the doorframe and gestured her to come using my hand. She only noticed when Jae Hwan-ssi called her attention. "Soo Ah!" She suddenly hugged me, "Don't you know how much I missed you!?" Ji Eun stomped her feet and her face wrinkled, but she was still cute nevertheless. "Come! Let's go eat lunch together!" She shouted joyfully as she grabbed my arm and nearly dragged me somewhere when I stopped her, "I-I'm sorry!" I got out of her tight grip and bowed, "I can't!"

 

Her expression seemed perplexed as she stared at me. "It's kind of important." I reasoned out.

 

"O... Kay?" She batted her eyes twice. It might have seemed rude for me to leave her hanging like that, but I was really in a hurry. I gasped for air when I've decided to rest my feet. I was tired just from running a few miles away from the classroom to the courtyard, even though the classroom was just in the second floor and the courtyard wasn't that far away from the building. Well, I wasn't the athletic type, so it was expected. "Soo Ah-ssi?" A familiar, deep and husky voice came from behind.

 

"Won Shik?"

 

 

I turned around, seeing Won Shik with one eyebrow raised. "...What are you doing?" He mumbled silently. "Are you alone?" I asked him and he answered with a nod. "W-Where's Hong Bin?" I stuttered a little when we made eye contact. My heart skipped a beat in that short while for I was nervous. "Ah... He went looking for you, actually." He informed. The only thought that appeared in my mind was that Hong Bin would head to my classroom, since like what Won Shik said, he went looking for me. Is it fine if I could meet him later? Should I go look for him...? I guess that Won Shik read my thoughts, so he invited me to go to my classroom. "Let's go?" He smiled, and, yet again, his cheekbones protruded. 

 

We reached the classroom, and it was true that Hong Bin was there, peeking through the window.

 

 

leo.

 

Some stranger was peeking from the window. And I think that I was the only one who noticed.

 

I eyed him curiously, not leaving my eyes off the man as I melted him with only my peering. He backed a bit a bit, gulping the lump in his throat. Was he intimidated? I stood up with the intention of shooing the man away, since he was a distraction, but not trying to make it obvious. As I got close-by, I looked back to those recognizable big eyes and cherub-like face. Don't tell me it was the same guy I saw at the entrance... I was about to approach him when someone shouted a name. "Hong Bin!" My eyes cornered and I saw Soo Ah. I blinked for a while, making a step back as soon as I saw her. My heart pumped like there was no tomorrow, but the sudden feeling was surely out of place. "Taek Woon." I whispered as I looked away. It's not the time for this. I mentally noted.

 

I could hear, and feel, her heavy panting. Did she tire herself out? I immediately looked back. She flashed a smile at the guy referred to as "Hong Bin". I felt my chest tighten for a while as I leered at the scene playing in front of me. "Hong Bin" took a glance at my direction and back at Soo Ah's, believably telling her that someone else was there. Right after she saw me, Soo Ah's mouth gaped open and then she insignificantly lowered her head. I did the same and then rapidly looked back at "Hong Bin".

 

"Ah..." Her voice seemed muffled. "Hong Bin, this is Taek Woon... Taek Woon, this is Hong Bin." She introduced. We looked at each other with eyes full of suspicion. 

 

 

There was this other guy. He looked like he was about to hit someone with a bat, but that didn't matter. It didn't seem that he'll try to get into my way. All I cared about was the guy facing Soo Ah - Giving her a smile with his pearly whites as the dimples appeared every time he did so. I sat near the window and listened to their conversation, again, I didn't make it obvious, even though that would've been immoral of me. Taek Woon, what are you doing... I sighed and played with my pen. "This is not you..." I whispered. 

 

It seemed like the two had known each other since middle school. Well, Jae Hwan and I have known each other at that period in time, but we were not that happy when we saw each other. Not like them

 

Their chat ended. Soo Ah approached me with a beautiful, innocent smile. I looked at her; eyes filled with disdain. "That smile. You can't show it to anyone else." I wanted to tell her those words, but I can't.