Steps

Faint Love

 

nine

 

 

ji eun.

 

"...Good morning!" Soo Ah greeted Taek Woon face-to-face.

 

My... My Soo Ah talked! My mouth gaped open.

 

Well, it's not like she doesn't really talk, she's not mute either! It was either just me making a big deal out of things, or it was Soo Ah who wanted me to make it a big deal. It was just, it was my first time to hear her talk willingly. Usually, I would be the one to encourage her to talk to other people. Being the good and obedient girl she was, she would listen. But still, it was a great achievement for her! 

 

It was one big step for her wish.

 

"I... I wish to be closer to him."

 

"You mean like, as friends?"

 

"We're not... Well, maybe acquaintances...? Even if it's only... at that level."

 

I smiled to myself as I saw Soo Ah lower her head. You did great.

 

leo.

 

My eyes widened.

 

She... 

 

"Agh!" Hak Yeon-hyung pushed me closer to her. The sudden action startled Soo Ah, as well as me. Geez, Hak Yeon, really? Nice move you did there, nice... I gulped as I fixated my eyes on her, she did the same, only raising her chin up a little because of the height level. Up close and personal, she was - Small, tiny, short! The moment felt cute actually.

 

But rather, I was very shocked! She greeted me, why? Maybe because the whole "head-bowing" was too formal and awkward? Or maybe it was rather old-fashioned? Corny? Confusing? Peculiar? Or maybe she was just tired of being too quiet, but according to her looks, she was one who seemed to keep her feelings and thoughts into herself. For a second there, it felt like I was staring at myself - My female self. Lovestruck and all... What?!

 

Maybe she didn't like it, the fact that none of the two of us were actually replying! But to be honest, she started it. She was the one who bowed to me first, then I just replied. I felt pathetic for a guy, I mean, guys make the first move, right? And here on now, she was already two steps ahead of me! My mind was in a state of a mess... I couldn't think straight! The voice and words kept on ringing in my head.

 

"...Good morning!"

 

Why!?

 

"Yah? Aren't you going to say something?" Hak Yeon lifted his hands up to his waist. He looked like some sort of sassy aunt, but not mine. I reached out for my nape and scratched it, averting my eyes away from her as my cheeks turned slightly red, "Yeah..." I mumbled. After a while when I spoke, there was a loud uproar from everyone surrounding us. It surprised me, and maybe the four of us too, to the point that our whole body shook in surprise.

 

"Soo Ah spoke!"

 

"Yeah~! She did! And it's the first time I heard her!"

 

"Her voice was so soft! So cute!"

 

"But why with this guy?"

 

I blinked thrice and looked around the people, they were making things a big deal. After all, it's not like I was the only person she greeted a "Good morning". Maybe...? Just by looking at it, she's a quiet and introverted girl. Hah. Look who's talking...

 

Maybe she already did greet others in a low tone, or was too shy to speak that none have heard. Yep, maybe that was all there is... "Hmm?!" Hak Yeon gasped as he saw Soo Ah leave earlier than Ji Eun. "Ah, Soo Ah! Wait!" Ji Eun followed after her. Well, that was... Surprising?

 

I got my subconciousness back and pulled Hak Yeon by the collar as we escaped the rowdy crowd. "Ow, ow, ow!" Was all I heared from the annoying Cha Hak Yeon. Actually, it was all his fault. "What is it now Jung Taek Woon?!" He asked with an annoyed ring to it, his teeth were gritted and eyebrows furrowed. "You...!" I tried to answer back, but all I did was instinctively hold my hand up to my face and covered it as it slowly blushed and burned; yet I had butterflies flying around my stomach. It was a rather odd feeling for me, since it was the first. And maybe Hak Yeon was thinking "Wow! What a reaction!". I was so embarrassed and ashamed to myself, I couldn't speak properly nor look at Hak Yeon in the face.

 

Surely, it seemed like that "Yeah..." might be a lame reply. But for me, it was rather a great achievement.

 

It was one small step for me.

 

soo ah.

 

It was kinda off for me to leave the scene earlier than Ji Eun. Usually, she would be the one who would think of an escape plan really quick and bring us back to the shore.

 

But I sailed by ship back by myself.

 

"Ah! Soo Ah~! Wait for me!" She shouted and scurried towards me, dragging her bag along with her as it flung around her shoulder. "What's that all about? I mean, not the greeting but, why would you leave me alone in that noisy crowd? Was it because I ate your pudding? I'm sorry~" Ji Eun begged. And for a while, her eyes opened while I stood there rooted on my spot.

 

She neared me to take a closer look of my face. "Wah, Soo Ah~ You..."

 

"You're blushing!" As I heared the word "Blush", I turned red even more.

 

It was one big step for me.