Likeness

Faint Love

 

nineteen

 

 

soo ah.

 

 

It was a Friday. 

 

The last day of classes.

 

I pursed my lips as I put my mechanical pencil down beside my notes and stretched my arms in the air and my feet bumped unto the table which created a slight noise that disturbed the silence in the library. The weather was great. It was definitely a great day...! I placed my chin on both of my hands and stared at the window to my right; a smile crept on my face. I wonder where Ji Eun is... I haven't seen her all day, maybe she was roaming around again with the upperclassmen. I really envy her. Ji Eun is able to make bonds in just a short while, and especially with the sunbaes! I scratched the nape of my neck and looked down. As I thought, I am really hungry.

 

I frowned and thought once more: What shall I eat? 

 

"If only Ji Eun was here... I could grab some snacks with her." As I thought, it is kind of lonely... I sighed, and by the time I looked up, someone was staring at me.

 

"Wah...!" I blinked thrice and jumped from my seat. Someone was sitting right in front of me. Why didn't I notice? If I'm not mistaken, I was supposed to hear the sound of the chair creaking if someone was going to seat nearby. Or just hear the faint footsteps approaching the table. But I didn't hear a single sound, that was why I didn't know that someone is there... He was like a ninja - One whose actions couldn't even track properly by my senses. The time I saw the familiar face, my cheeks turned even redder than usual and hung my head low. My hand covering my whole face which was in deep embarrassment.

 

Why does it have to be him of all people?

 

leo.

 

A good spot to have that peace and quiet which you couldn't ever achieve whenever you're with Hak Yeon?

 

Of course, it had to be the library.

 

For someone who would always cause a racket, he would obviously be banned from the library. The thought came to my mind when we were having our free period, and free period meant hell for me. The devil was Cha Hak Yeon himself. I thought it was a genius idea to escape from him and settle on a quiet place, just for once. I massaged my forehead and calmed down, my brows crinkling. That man is truly a contributor to noise pollution - I am never wrong.

 

I entered the library. As expected, it was seriously calming and refreshing - The open windows, the scent of the spring air, the smell of books, the quiet atmosphere... It was a sight to gaze upon, and I couldn't miss it! With a small smile in my face, I decided to grab a book and find a place to sit on. I found a vacant place for me to brood on and sat in front of a seemingly familiar girl.

 

I took alternate glances from my book and the girl, trying to get a slight gist of her face. "If only Ji Eun was here... I could grab some snacks with her." The girl sighed. Ji Eun? That name... Could it be? As I took a glance on the last word of the paragraph I was reading and tried to remember it, I looked up. I was right, it was Soo Ah. Such coincidence, I thought it was impossible to exist. I stared at her, who seemed shocked and covered her face.

 

Heh... She's so cute when she's embarrassed. I tried to hide my smile with the back of my hand.

 

"...Want to grab something?" I unconsiously asked.

 

soo ah.

 

I ended up being alone with Taek Woon as we head for the corridor together.

 

I felt the awkwardness take over me. I've been wondering about what he was thinking of the time I nodded and said "Yes". I glanced at his side view, his hands tucked in his pockets and eyes which didn't waver. Not one bit. I flushed a little. I was feeling weird, maybe I really am hungry... I gathered some air in my mouth which puffed like a blowfish and released it. I actually didn't know what to do, and I was greatly nervous. This really isn't the "me" like yesterday. I wonder why?

 

"Ah! Coffee...!" I heared Taek Woon shout beside me with his gentle and wonderful voice as he approached the vending machine. I followed him, with my head tilted a little. As he inserted a coin and pushed buttons, I leaned forward a bit and asked, "...So, you like coffee?" He was like a small child - A kid who was excited to open his gift on a Christmas day. He was like that... Except that his eyes would sparkle the time he would spot coffee.

 

"Mmm." He silently nodded, waiting for his choice of flavor to go down. He gazed on the transparent glass silently and watched the vending machine work its way. "Latte?" I asked once again. "Yeah." He answered and bent down, getting not one but two cans of hot coffee. "Here. My treat." He threw me the other can. I successfully caught it and smiled at the warm can which I carressed with my little fingers. As he popped the lid open, Taek Woon stared at me who seemed disappointed.

 

"...What?" He spoke with soft eyes, "...You don't like it?"

 

I opened the lid of the can and held it with both hands. I smiled at Taek Woon, "Nope, I love it!" 

 

leo.

 

As soon as Soo Ah took a sip of the warm beverage, I rounded my eyes at her, "Huh... I never knew you liked coffee." "I didn't know you like it too!" She answered back with a smile. I guess the awkwardness banished by that point of time? We were able to converese normally, even if it was just for a short while. I really felt glad inside and out; to the point that there were a lot of butterflies flying all over my stomach. After a short pause of silence, I spoke.

 

"And here I thought you like sweet things..."

 

"I do like sweet things."

 

Soo Ah looked up to me. She was confused - It was written all over her face. "No, I mean... Uh, like you prefer sweet drinks over coffee or something." I started scrathing my head. Beside me, I heard Soo Ah giggle a little, "Well, I do like both and all..." She took another sip from her coffee. We kept on walking towards the cafeteria. "So, you didn't see Ji Eun today?" Soo Ah frowned, "I only saw her in the morning, but she was gone the second I knew it."

 

"Well, at least you're not in my situation. Hak Yeon-hyung follows me everywhere. He's like my shadow." As I spoke about Hak Yeon, she giggled and said, "So you think he's annoying?"

 

"Really annoying." And after I said those words, we bursted out in light laughter.

 

We talked about trivial things and such. Like how we both really like quiet places, that we listen to the same music, the fact that we're not that picky with food, how children and animals are almost alike - They make us happy...

 

What I discovered that day was that we both have a lot of similarities.

 

The likeness we shared... I think it's something I will really value.

 

author.

hi~! it's been a long time since i've updated.

and i apologize for that. exams came up while we were preparing for our school's concert. and luckily, everything turned out quite well!

there was also the christmas break, which i really needed because i didn't have much rest while studying for the exams...

anyways, this is the first update of 2014! how was your 2013? share some of your experiences! :3

i'm looking forward, along with vixx and other starlights, towards a brand new light and joy in the new year!

i hope all your wishes come true, stay healthy, keep on supporting me, and have a happy new year!

thank you guys so much~ and i hope you enjoy this update!

oh! by the way, thank you for _chained for the poster above! really appreciate it~ 

:D