Talk

Faint Love

 

forty-nine

 

 

n.

 

We were trying to set up the classroom to look somewhat like a café, but the materials were insufficient and we had only finished like five percent of the whole classroom's decorations. I had been trying to find Soo Ah and Taek Woon so that I could send them out with the task to buy the materials we needed. 

 

Though, why Soo Ah and Taek Woon of all people?

 

Just because.

 

That's why.

 

There's no need for proper explanations in situations like these.

 

I shot the two a bright smile by the time I saw them with our other classmates. "Yah! Taek Woonie! Soo Ah! Come here~" I gestured them to come closer. Taek Woon came by grunting with his eyebrows creased and Soo Ah followed suit like an obedient puppy. I handed them a piece of paper I just finished scribbling on. "Here." I gave it to the tall guy in front of me. He read it without even budging. "Go and buy them. I already asked for permission to go out from the head teacher. He approved." I gave them a thumbs up. Soo Ah nodded, and I could see in Taek Woon's expression that he had a lot of questions to ask and that everything wasn't quite clear to him, yet. I also gave them some pocket money for the materials and for transportation.

 

"No ifs, ands, or buts about it Leo-ah!" 

 

 

I was walking by the corridor when a group of people flashed by the corner of my eye. "Hak Yeon-ssi!" I raised my head up by the time I heard my name. Hong Bin was the one who called. "Yes?" I approached the two. Upon closer look at Hong Bin, I recalled something that happened a long time ago. I had known that it was Hong Bin and his friend Kim Won Shik who were with Soo Ah at that time Leo was absent and resting his ankle at his house. I just kept on forgetting about it and I've decided that I'll just keep it to myself. Small world, huh? Does Taek Woon already know, though? 

 

Brushing those thoughts aside, I listened to what Hong Bin was saying. "Could you help us with our theme?" The three of us strode  our feet and kept on discussing the topic. "You're having a little play, right?" Hong Bin nodded, and while I was trying to come up with something for their play, the latter took a glance at his wrist watch and tapped my shoulder. "Ah! Hak Yeon-ssi, I have to go for a while... We're going to have an urgent meeting, so..." He scratched the back of his neck with his eyes filled with apology. "I'm sorry." 

 

"I-It's fine!" I flashed him a smile. "Go on!" 

 

"So Hee's here anyway!" Hong Bin grabbed the girl's shoulders and put her right in front of me. Hong Bin smiled widely with his dimples. He patted her shoulder and suddenly left. Right after, there was this awkward silence. We still kept on walking though.

 

I stopped marching for a while. I felt something bump by my back; because of that, I turned around and saw that So Hee was rubbing her head. I blinked thrice, "You okay?" "Yes!" She suddenly blurted out. "That's good to know, because if you're feeling unwell, it'd be problematic since you're going to handle the activities for your year. But I'm not saying that you should not take a rest when you're not in a good condition... Do you get what I mean?" I turned my head to the side and saw her nodding. "Anyways, enough of that chit-chat. You're going to have a play, right?"

 

"Yes." The girl beside me answered. "If it's a play, then it must have a genre. A theme or concept, of some sort." I tapped my chin. "Any ideas?"

 

"Uhmm..." She looked down for a bit and back up to me, "The class was thinking of an adventure type of play. With a little hint of comedy." "Sounds great!" I cheered.

 

We talked, but it was for a short while, and then we parted ways. She might look timid and shy and all that, but her voice was full of enthusiasm. It was obvious that she was the hard working type. It was quite charming, to be honest. Quite. I couldn't believe that I hadn't paid that much attention to my surroundings before ever since I was busy planning for the school festival. I also realized just now that So Hee was the one whom I bumped unto the last time. 

 

"Hmm..." I wet my lips and kept on walking down the hallway, my eyes didn't leave the papers I had in hand.

 

"Ahn So Hee, huh?"

 

 

author.

 

omg it's been so long since i've updated.

it's a short update (i think), so i apologize.

i was studying for the exams and our internet was cut (huhu) and there's also christmas...

so yeah, there were a lot of delays, but tadah! here's an update weeh~

i hope you enjoy this chapter and have a wonderful christmas!

enjoy your holidays~ :D

thanks for reading!

:3