Leo

Faint Love

 

fifteen

 

 

leo.

 

I was finally able to tell her the truth.

 

That it was a misunderstanding.

 

I thought as I made another goal at soccer practice. The whole team cheered as we took a little break. My mother at school, as usual, was cheering and waiting outside the fence. Hak Yeon was too clingy. "Heh, your girlfriend is here again." The team's captain nudged me as I fell silent. "But Hak Yeon's a guy, right?" The team's idiotic player who always misses a pass spoke. What was his name again? Ah! Lee Jae Kyung. I wonder, how did he even get into the team when all he did was run all over the field ruining the formation? I drank from my water bottle and wiped out my sweat as my breathing calmed down a bit. Taek Won Do practice was also intense in the morning... Everyone could hear Hak Yeon's screaming by the fence and they would start cracking up sooner or later.

 

He's just too noisy today too.

 

When would his big mouth just shut up?

 

Not only he was embarrassing himself, but me!

 

"Okay guys." The coach then interrupted our little break, "One more and you could go." Everyone grinned by the thought of finally leaving a dreaded and tiring practice. "And Jung Taek Woon." He called my attention while I lifted my chin up and stared at the coach, "After this, you could go back to your girlfriend over there." He laughed to himself while I rolled my eyes at him.

 

The practice ended. After I changed back to my uniform, I grabbed my bag and started heading out. "Ah! Taek Woon!" I turned around to see the team captain running towards me. He grinned, "Taek Woon-ah, don't forget to say "Hi" for me to your girlfriend!" He laughed and started running off. I kept my pokerface on, "Was he... Hitting on Hak Yeon?" I made a gag and started walking towards the fence with Hak Yeon awaiting for me. "Good job Taek Woon~" Hak Yeon was about to jump on me while I dodged him, "Eh~" He complained. "Great job!" Ji Eun suddenly popped out and threw me a water bottle just when I needed it. I opened the cap and gulped some water.

 

"Mushroom." I blurted out.

 

"Excuse me?" Ji Eun blinked twice at me, "Because you always come out of nowhere..."

 

"Is that a nickname or what?" Ji Eun chuckled, "Then, Hak Yeon-ssi's an "Ahjumma"~!" She pointed out at Hak Yeon who's face was burning red, "Wae~?! Why am I an "Old Woman"?!" He shouted. "You look and act like it!" They both argued. "Who started this game anyway!?" Ji Eun pointed at me, I just shrugged it off. I didn't even know it was a game! "Then Soo Ah shall be called "Unreachable Flower"~!" Ji Eun shook her whole body while she kept quiet. "Why unreachable flower!? I don't get it." Hak Yeon scratched his head. I too didn't quite understand, but now that I think about it, I think that Ji Eun was implying that it's hard for boys to reach her and get to know her at a certain level. Like trying hard to reach that flower on a cliff and you must not fall. I don't know why but I felt offended somehow...

 

"How about Taek Woon?" 

 

"...Leo." Soo Ah blurted out as my eyes widened. "W-Well, it's because he was swift and... Uh, fiery whenever he plays soccer..." She explained. "Like a lion?" Ji Eun grinned. "Or is it leopard since it has "leo" on it?" Hak Yeon commented.

 

I stared at Soo Ah who avoided eye contact at me. It was kind of embarrassing - A nickname, that is. I felt kind of glad when she gave me a byname, and I feel somewhat honored. "A pet name..." I whispered ever so softly and covered my blushing face with the back of my hand.

 

The list goes on:

 

"Ice Prince"

 

"Pokerface"

 

"Emotionless"

 

"Statue"

 

And then, there's "Leo".

 

My favorite.