Aware

Faint Love

 

seven

 

 

ji eun.

 

It had been a few days since Soo Ah and I met Hak Yeon and Taek Woon. We passed by them a lot of times at school, too. In the morning, at lunch, and at the end of classes, we happen to cross paths with each other, exchanging our greetings of "Hello" and "Hi". 

 

Sometimes, I tend to not take notice of tiny details. I didn't care about what was happening around me, as long as it doesn't affect me.

 

It was a wonderful Tuesday morning. I was with Soo Ah to school; the kid was quiet while I kept on sharing stories to her. The only responses I got from her was nodding and a little of her whispers. I was used to it, in fact, my hearing senses became much more better that I could hear even the tiniest sounds she makes! "Oh yeah!" Something popped to mind. "Have you gotten familiar with someone yet?" I asked her and she turned her head around to look at me. Her eyes were confused as she tilted her head. "Not yet?" I asked once more. Then, a faint pinkish blush appeared on her cheeks. How cute! I wanted to pinch her so badly! "Mmm..." She nodded and stared at the ground.

 

I supposed my hunch was wrong. With that note, it seems that she wanted to get even closer with someone...

 

I wonder who he/she could be?

 

We reached the school, and what caught our attentions first were the Taekwond0 club in their PT uniforms running a lap around the school early in the morning. So early... I ran towards the school building, pulling Soo Ah's wrist with me. "I didn't know club activities started already..." I suddenly brought up, opening my locker door. "It started... Yesterday." Soo Ah informed, wearing her shoes. "Really? I didn't notice." I said as I shut my locker door. Soo Ah only smiled at me. 

 

"Anyways, let's go?"

 

We kept walking towards our classroom; having a little conversation of our own. Even though we were having the usual friendly chit-chat, Soo Ah was uncomfortable. Well, it couldn't be helped. Everyone was staring at her for like a million times. "Don't bother them~" I pat her shoulder as she gave me a faint smile. The poor girl, I hope they would stop sooner. We then passed by an open window.

 

"Yo~!" Hak Yeon was out there, along with Taek Woon in his taekwondo uniform.

 

"Morning~!" I greeted, "So Taek Woon-ssi is in the Taekwondo club?" I grinned, he only gave me a nod.

 

I then noticed - Soo Ah and Taek Woon were totally the same...

 

"You are too?" I asked Hak Yeon. "No!" He chuckled, "I was just checking after my son~ Mommy is really worried, you know?" He kept on disturbing Taek Woon, while the latter kept on scoffing and pulling his hand off of him. "Pfft, mommy?" I snickered at Hak Yeon's words. "Something the matter with it?" He raised an eyebrow. I kept on giggling, and for a while, I noticed that Soo Ah was awfully quiet. I wonder what's wrong with her.

 

I then saw that she was staring at Taek Woon.

 

The latter was trying to avert his gaze, but couldn't. They then exchanged light bows, something I and Hak Yeon saw.

 

Then I suddenly realized - For the passed few days we kept on bumping each other, the two were secretly exchanging bows. I wasn't just aware of it. I stared at Soo Ah's side view, then back at Taek Woon's.

 

A little gasp escaped from my lips. So that was it.