Advice

Faint Love

 

twelve

 

 

hong bin.

 

Me? Advice?

 

I was never good with advice.

 

But this girl in front of me was asking for it - Should I do it or not? Soo Ah seemed desperate... Cute. I was just teasing her with the whole "Awkward and unsociable kind of girl" thing, though it was true... I was enjoying it, it had been so long since we last saw each other, but the whole talk became serious. She flinched and bit her bottom lip, maybe she thought that she was bringing me trouble? She probably kept on saying in her mind that "Ah! I shouldn't have asked a weird question!" or "Why did that kind of thing came out of my mouth!?" She was that kind of girl, she hated bringing trouble to others and relying on them too much.

 

And I liked that part of her...

 

"Eh, eh!? I - Uh, uhm..." She stuttered and panicked. I grinned once more, "It's fine, really! I'll accept that favor." I smiled at her, and it did made her calm down. I was glad that after a few minutes passed, she finally felt comfortable with me. With the few years we spent together, she was totally awkward with me. I didn't like it. Not one bit! "Are... Are you sure?" She frowned - Really cute! "Heh." I chuckled under my breath. "What kind of person is this guy?" I asked her and she replied.

 

"He's... Just like me, I guess."

 

So it was a guy, huh?

 

"You... like him?" I asked and stared at her, she averted her eyes. "I-I, eh, uhm... No, I do like him, but as a friend!" She waved her hands, signaling a "No". So she did like him. The kid was obvious, and I was able to read her since the start when I wanted to know her more. At first, she was incomprehensible, but when time passed, I learned her every move and emotions... Even though it seemed stalker-ish, I really wanted to know everything about her. There's this kind of interest that peaks up in me everytime I see her. I was the only person who could read her - Ji Eun was an exemption.

 

And by the time the person she likes become truly friends with her, I wouldn't be the only one anymore...

 

That kind of "special" feeling would be gone.

 

But I couldn't say no to her.

 

"If you really want to befriend him, I'll help you." I smiled softly. I saw her eyes sparkle, it made my heart thump a little. I was happy whenever she was... "But first, you should know if you "like" him or "adore" him." I adviced. "...What do you mean?" She tilted her head, and I averted my eyes at her. I turned my head around, and she was probably questioning that. I lightly coughed, "Well, you "like" him as a friend, right?" I asked. "...I like him, as someone I want to be close with." Her cheeks turned shell pink. "I see, so it's just "adoration", right?" 

 

"I guess..." Soo Ah hung her head low. "You should start with greeting him. I know you, you couldn't even do that." I teased and she pouted, "If you wanted to befriend him, then you would try to change, right?" I stated, "I... Already did that." She whispered while my eyes widened. "You already took one step further!?" I shouted, it was a good thing that the cafe was half empty. "Well..." She uttered. 

 

"It might be a small thing to make it a big deal, but it was one great step for me." Soo Ah smiled.

 

Ah...

 

Everything felt light, my body did.

 

soo ah.

Hong Bin kept quiet for a while.

 

"Something the matter?" I asked, "N-No..." He flushed and covered half of his face, he turned his head away from me again... I wonder why? Does he feel awkward again? If so, I'm sorry Hong Bin! "Well..." He got back to the conversation again, "Getting close to him would be easier from now on!" He cheered, "Eh? How?" I asked and Hong Bin kept on talking, "Well, since you now have the confidence to talk to him, then it wouldn't be a problem no more! The time you talk to him, he would automatically know your intentions - That you want to befriend him." Hong Bin advised. He did make a point though. Ah, this guy is really good with advices, I thought. That's why, whenever when I'm in times of trouble and when Ji Eun's not there to rely on, I would always go to Hong Bin.

 

"...You're really amazing, you know that?"

 

"E-Eh!?" He coughed and paid attention to something else. "Is that a... Compliment?" He asked with eyebrows cringed.

 

"Yep!" I said and thought for a while, "But what if... He doesn't want to be friends with me? I-I mean... He's someone like me too, he doesn't want others around him... I-I bet he hates the noise too." I stuttered. If only I could speak straight, then I wouldn't have a problem in the world! The big and heavy load would be lifted off my shoulders. I could freely sigh in relief, but not today. "Then, give him time. He'll wanna get to know you better too sooner or later." Hong Bin assured. I myself am not sure of what I was doing. Clearly, I was asking for advice, but I wasn't sure about the things I do and my descisions - With getting closer to Jung Taek Woon. I don't even know if it was a good thing or a bad thing... I wasn't even sure if Taek Woon will be fine with it. 

 

To put it short, I don't know much about Taek Woon.

 

I... About Taek Woon...

 

I wanted to know him better - That is why I'm trying to build a friendly relationship with him.

 

And yet, here I am doubting of myself... "Hong Bin... Have you ever felt like, you know. You want to get close to that person, and yet, you feel like you'll just be a burden? A bother?" I asked in a low voice, "Uhm... Have you ever felt inside of you the feeling of not wanting to be ignored? Like, for the first time, you want to get to know each other, that is why you want it to be successful, and not to feel like that person would ignore you because... I don't know... You're like some clingy person who wouldn't let go?" It felt like I surprised Hong Bin a little, maybe because I spoke a whole long paragraph without stuttering? Or was it because of my question? The latter seemed more realistic. He blinked twice and scratched his head, "Believe me... I've been there." He showed me a faint smile. So I see now, I wasn't the only one who felt like it.

 

I wonder - Would I be a bother if by tomorrow, I would tell him that I want to be friends with him?

 

Hong Bin and I exchanged our goodbyes at the cafe and went to our separate ways. It was fun talking to Hong Bin, really! "I should visit him next time for more advice!" I chuckled.

 

Will he push me away?

 

I wonder, who was that person Hong Bin tried to befriend with?