Concerned

Faint Love

 

thirty-two

 

 

soo ah.

 

I waved over at Hak Yeon who was leaving. Somehow, I felt kind of down. I didn't know the reason why... Maybe because I'm alone? Not technically, since Hong Bin was here along with his friend. I guess it's been a long time that I haven't seen him. We've gotten quite distant. "Who's that guy?" Hong Bin asked as he watched over Hak Yeon's back. I wanted him to stay because I wanted to ask some relevant questions. Did he think that he was being a disturbance...? I sighed. What should I do?

 

Now how will I know the reason to why Taek Woon didn't come to school?

 

Hak Yeon was my only way to find out why. I asked Ji Eun, but she had no idea. "That's Hak Yeon, a friend of mine." I answered his question. 

 

"You didn't tell me you have friends here."

 

"...I guess I haven't."

 

 

I wanted to introduce Hong Bin to Hak Yeon, but it ended up a failure. Maybe some other time? If there is some other time... 

 

Hong Bin came to visit today; it seems that he brought along a friend. I've never seen him before though, and I don't remember him from when I was still studying in their school. A transfer student? "This is Won Shik. He's a classmate of mine." Won Shik bowed his head. He had striking features - Thick eyebrows, slightly squinted eyes, small but thick lips... Candidly, he was a handsome young man.

 

"It's very nice to meet you." I bowed back at him while he shot me a smile. Awkward, but cute. "...I watched the competition last Saturday. It was great." He brought up. I tilted my head, "You did?"

 

"Yes. The players were great! It was a good game." There was this tone of enthusiasm in his voice. Won Shik might look like an aggressive boy on the outside, but it seems like he's a lively person in the inside. The way he talked about the game was enthralling - He was so into it. He mentioned about the players, the scores, the match... Everything he could remember! I smiled at him as he continued on. It was adorable, seeing how he was so focused about the topic. Every time he would smile, his cheekbones would protrude, making him look so innocent and pure. You truly can't judge a book by its cover. "Okay, okay... We get it." Hong Bin chuckled and patted the latter's shoulder. "...But I'm not finished." Won Shik pouted. 

 

"You're both graduating next year, right?" I asked the two.

 

"Yeah. Won Shik's planning to study here next year. I'm just touring him around."

 

"Touring?" I giggled, "You don't even know the way!"

 

 

 

And here I was, all alone again.

 

Hong Bin and Won Shik left. They said that they would have to drop by a store to buy some materials for their project. I exhaled gloomily, tugging on the straps of my bag as I stared down at the path I was taking. Ji Eun told me to go home first since she might last longer on her club activities. "You'll get tired and lonely waiting for me. It's going to be fine!" That's what she told me, but heading home was more exhausting. "I have to walk to the station, and ride the train. Two stops." I whispered to myself, my head still glued on the ground. After seeing a rock and kicking it not that far away, I pouted. I feel so, so alone, I can't stand it. 

 

"I wonder how Taek Woon's doing." The thought of it made my heart sink even more. My feet came to a stop as soon as I saw a pair of black Converse shoes with white laces in front of me. I blinked twice and lifted my head. Speak of the devil.

 

"Hah... Finally found you."

 

It was Taek Woon.

 

"T-Taek..." I was too shocked to speak at that moment. I stared at his weary self. He was panting heavily, he bent down and rested his hands on his knees, his face and hair were soaking with sweat. "Tss..." I heard him hiss; his face cringing like there's no tomorrow. Seeing how he was, my heart skipped a beat. "A-Are you okay?" I asked, crouching down at his level. "Yeah..." He spoke in between gritted teeth - He was in pain.

 

"What hurts?" My voice was filled with anxiety as I asked. "Nothing." He insisted, grinding his teeth.

 

"Geez... Don't lie!" I shouted unexpectedly.

 

 

I found out that Taek Woon's ankle was sprained. So that was the reason why he didn't attend school. Why haven't I noticed? I feel so pathetic... I frowned to myself as I stared at the guy who was sitting in front of me. We were in the infirmary. I had to guide him with walking just to reach the infirmary, which was at the second floor of the main building, since it was the closest building. "The nurse is not here." I informed the latter as I got a first-aid kit from the cabinet. "...I could do it myself." He said sternly as I raised an eyebrow at him. "I'll do it instead." I took out some bandages, cotton balls, and a tweezer. I applied the medicine on a cotton ball. Taek Woon watched silently. I glanced at him, "It might hurt a little."

 

I pressed it gently on his swollen knee. Taek Woon flinched. His expression turned sour and seethe. I hesitated for a while after seeing his reaction. 

 

You know what, Taek Woon? This might hurt for you; though you're supposed to be the one who is hurting, it was the other way around. I am. It hurts more for me seeing you like this, in such pain... If only you knew...

 

I pressed it once more, circling the bone. He closed his eyes and groaned again. "It's okay." I reassured him, "Just a little more. Just relax" I kept on doing so until I was done. I got the bandages and wrapped his inflamed ankle. Taek Woon's grumbles subsided after a while. I could feel him staring at me as I focused on what I was doing. I felt my cheeks flush a little. "It's embarrassing."

 

"What is?"

 

"...Holding my foot."

 

"Why did you rush just to get here?"

 

 He answered, "I was concerned."

 

"About what?" I kept on wrapping his ankle tightly, not leaving my eyes off of it.

 

"About you."

 

As soon as I heard those words, I couldn't bring myself to look at him in the eye. "Now it's my turn to ask a question." I could still feel his intense gaze. "Who are those guys?" I looked up and blinked, "You saw them?" 

 

"Of course I did." He scoffed. I pursed my lips, "They're just friends, from middle school." I took a peek at Taek Woon - He had this serious look plastered on his face. "Is that so?" He asked, turning his head to the side, staring at the distance. I nodded as a reply. "...Don't meet with them again." I was startled with what he said. I faced Taek Woon who was covering half of his burning face with the back of his hand. It might've sounded selfish, but I was overjoyed.

 

 

author.

 

writing this author's section just to greet my silent readers /slapped

comment on your thoughts people! because i feel so lonely lol

and i don't think i'm satisfying you guys enough /creys hope you liked the double update~

off topic: i'm planning to write another vixx story for a contest. the theme is steampunk~

what do you think? comment! 

thanks for reading!

:3