Deafening

Faint Love

 

one

 

 

leo.

 

It was on a fine spring day.

 

The birds were chirping their daily song as I woke up to the sound of the alarm - 7:00. It was time to get out of the sack, yet it was obviously too early for me to open my eyes to the world. I didn't want to get up from my bed yet, nor wake up from my deep slumber. I didn't feel like trying to even stand, not once... Not especially when it was the first day of school.

 

High school, huh?

 

As expected, too early... I sat on my creased mattress and rubbed my swollen eyes. My vision was still dark and blurry. Everything in my memory was vague. How I wish it was like that the whole day. I turned my head around and spotted the open window, just seeing the sun as its rays hit me was really annoying. Still, there was this urge that makes my spine tingle. I felt my heavy feet touch the cold ground. Though I didn't want to go to school yet, there was this thing... Something that tells me to go on. Well, as they say, follow your instincts...

 

The new uniform was, well, it felt weird as the light cloth touched my skin. The feeling was expected every year. As I dragged my feet by the side walk, greetings of "Good Morning" came rushing from the old women in the neighborhood. The whole town was b of energy, and I kind of hated it. Not once did I even bother to not notice this fact... Well, since the noise was getting through my nerves. And speaking of a noisy morning, the kids were livelier than usual. Kids, there's nothing fun with the first day of school! Well, except for the fact that it's a new school year... A fresh start.

 

I reached the school's gate in less than 15 minutes. The school was just a stone's throw away, it gave me merits. But as soon as the crowd of people caught my attention, my head began to spin. Early mornings sure are annoying when you lack of sleep. At the outside, it didn't bother me, though in the inside, my head was burning. It was either the intense heat from the sun or the noise. As I walked through the crowd, I noticed a lot of familiar faces from when I was in middle school. However, there were even a lot of new faces around me. It felt, well, unusual. I wasn't used to be around huge crowds. Finally, after escaping the roaring lot, I walked to a corridor, trying to find my new classroom. I was planning to skip the entrance ceremony... Not that anyone would notice that there's a presence missing. As said, I didn't want to get tangled along with a huge horde. When I was walking, the irritating noise from earlier got lessened. I noticed that the cherry blossoms outside were actually very beautiful when I spotted the window. Then, as I turned my head around, it hit me. Walking towards my spot, I saw the "New Student" ribbon hanging on her left chest. 

 

Her existence was mesmerizing... She was glowing.

 

As the cherry blossoms kept on falling outside of the window, the whole world was on a stock-still. The defeaning noise which I hated and made my eyebrows cringe badly was no longer there. As she was nearing me, she raised her head - We had eye contact. "Ah... It's very calm, isn't it?" I wanted to tell her.

 

I felt at peace... Eyes fixated on her.

 

It was on a fine spring day, when I saw her...