Will You Be My Girlfriend?

When All 12 Members Fall for Her

Because of EXO’s extremely busy schedule it had been some time since the last date, and Baekhyun’s turn had already been delayed for a couple of weeks. Jimin and Taemin had grown closer than ever, and Taemin had decided it was finally the time to confess his feelings to Jimin. He was still unsure whether he should do it publicly at school, or plan a more private even.

Of course he wanted everyone to know he really liked Jimin, but if he did it in front of everyone, Jimin would have killed him right after rejecting him. He was also asking himself whether he should ask EXO for help to have a grand event, or just do something small; but when Kai found out his best friend about to confess, he decided they had to help him out.

 

“I thought you were really busy with promotions and end of year awards. You haven’t had time to finish you dates with Sunmi, how are you going to help me out?” Taemin asked.

“I am willing to stay up to help you, I might be able to convince some of the other members, but I first need to know what you are planning to do,” Kai said.

“So you are too tired to spend time with Sunmi, but you are always willing to help me out?” Taemin said, faking a sweet voice.

“Don’t  misunderstand. First it is Baekhyun’s turn, not mine. Second, when we spend time with her, we want to have the entire day do really have time to do something. Third, of course I am helping you, I am going to make sure you confess and don’t pull out the last moment, ok? You debuted at such young age you never dated; it was already time to get a girlfriend!”  Kai happily said.

“I never knew you were so aware of my loneliness,” Taemin said.

“Best friends, remember?” Kai said with a cheesy smile.

 

“So you decided to do it at home?” Chanyeol asked.

Chanyeol, Suho, Kyungsoo, Chen and Lay were willing to help out.

“Yes, it is more private, I know Jimin would prefer it that way,” Taemin said.

“Are you sure it isn’t you that prefers it that way?” Kai teased.

“If it was me, I would announce it to the entire universe,” Taemin sighed, “but Jimin is really aware of my idol status, and she doesn’t want me to lose my popularity. If I allowed everyone to know what type of relationship we are in, she would kill me.”

“I guess women are always right,” Suho sighed.

 

EXO helped Taemin decorate his own apartment beautifully, and Kyungsoo helped with the food. Tamin wanted to cook, but he didn’t want to give his loved one indigestion.

“It is all ready,” Kai said as he walked out the apartment, and back to the dorm to sleep the couple of hours he had left, together with the other EXO members.

“Lee Taemin, you better make sure not to do anything to ruin it ok? I sacrificed my precious hours of sleeping for you, ok?” Chen joked.

“Stop it, you will just make him more nervous,” Lay said.

“We will be going now,” Suho said, closing the door behind him.

 

To: Jimin
From: Taemin
‘Do you want to have a date?’

Jimin smiled as soon as she saw Taemin’s message, she had been waiting all week to be able to spend some time alone with him.

To: Taemin
From: Jimin
‘Of course, what time?’

This time was Taemin’s turn to smile, he thought it would be more difficult to convince her.

To: Jimin
From: Taemin
‘I will be at your house at around 7:30, ok?

To: Taemin
From: Jimin
‘Eoh, alright.’

 

At exactly 7:29, Taemin arrive at Jimin’s house, he waited for a minute so that it was exactly 7:30 and knocked on the door. This was going to be his D-Day, the first time confessing to a girl in his life, he couldn’t help but feel worried.

A middle aged woman opened the door, “You must be Jimin’s mum, Mrs. Gong, right?”

The woman nodded.

“Hello, I am Lee Taemin, is Jimin ready?” he asked, trying to look into the house.

“Oh, so you are the guying Jimin has been talking about all this time,” Mrs. Gong said.

“Jimin has mentioned me?” Taemin was surprised.

“You are all she ever talks about; but she didn’t mention you were SHINee’s Taemin,” Jimin’s mom said.

“And what did she say about me?” Taemin cautiously asked, but just as Mrs. Gong was opening to answer, Jimin appeared. She quickly said goodbye to her mum and took Taemin away.

“What did she tell you?” she asked.

“Nothing much,” Taemin said with a smug smile.

“She definitely told you something,” Jimin suspiciously said.

“Maybe?”

“You won’t tell me, right?”

“Maybe?”

“I can always go ask mom,” Jimin said, “where are we going?”

“Did I ever show you my apartment?” Taemin asked.

“No, you haven’t, I didn’t know you had your own place, you are too young,” Jimin said.

“I am older than you,” Taemin said.

“Too young to have your own place,” Jimin rolled her eyes.

“Being an idol pays of really well,” Taemin smiled.

 

“This is pretty great,” Jimin said as soon as she entered.

“I know,” Taemin said.

“So much for a little for a little bit of modesty…” Jimin muttered.

Suddenly, someone was behind her , a blindfold over her eyes, she panicked.

“Taemin! Taemin!” she started screaming in desperation.

“Calm down,” said the voice behind her, “I am here.”

“What are you doing?” Jimin asked.

“Shut up and keep walking,” Taemin said.

“You are not going to or kidnap me, right?”

“Hmm, who knows,” Taemin said.

“Yah! Lee Taemin!”

“Just keep walking, we are almost there,” Taemin said.

After walking a couple more of meters, they stopped, and Taemin took the blindfold off. A candle lit room appeared before Jimin’s eyes. At the end, there were letters written on the ballons, they spelled ‘I love you, Gong Jimin’. There was also a table in the middle of the room, a delicious looking meal on it.

“What is this?” Jimin asked, her eyes starting to water.

“Can’t you read?” Taemin asked.

“Do you really mean it?”

“Close your eyes once more,” Taemin said.

Jimin subsequently felt something cold on her neck, “Now open your eyes.”

There was a star necklace on her neck.

“Do you like it?” Taemin asked.

“I love it, what does it mean?”

“That you are my shining star,” Taemin said, “I got the idea from our group’s name.”

“Thank you so much,” Jimin said.

“I guess you must have already gotten the overall idea of this event, but I still have to formally ask. Gong Jimin I like, would you date me?”

“Of course. Taemin, you are such romanticist, most people would just ask, no one would prepare so much to ask someone out,” Jimin said, blushing like crazy, and her lips unable to stop smiling. She thew her body against Taemin’s, making the both fall.

“You should get up,” Taemin said, “if you don’t I will do something you don’t want me to do.”

“Who said I don’t want it,” Jimin said, then leaned in to kiss Taemin.