Back to Korea

When All 12 Members Fall for Her

“Of course we are not angry,” Xiumin said, making everyone nod.

“We knew all along you hated us,” Chen said, “we didn’t mind at all.”

“Our goal was to have you like us, and we’ve pretty much accomplish it,” Kai said with a smug smile, making Sunmi hit him lightly on the arm.

“Sunmi, we also want to keep being friends,” Baekhyun said, “God! We want to be so much more than that,” he whispered to himself.

“We won’t make any other comments right now,” Suho said, “It must have been a really tiring day, go to sleep now.”

“Wait, wait, wait, wait! I need to say one more thing… Now that you are comfortable around us, would you mind calling us oppa?” Sehun asked.

Sunmi gave a small chuckled, “Alright Sehun oppa you’ve already worked hard enough for it. Uhmm… Oppas can you stay here until I fall asleep?” Sunmi asked.

“Of course,” Luhan said, “we won’t go until we make sure you are having sweet dreams.”

 

---Back in Korea---

“Jimin!!” Sunmi called out for her friend as soon as she saw her waiting for her outside her house, she went to give her a quick hug.

“So… how was your trip?” Jimin asked. After her little date with Taemin, she didn’t feel jealous anymore, she had found her own fortune.

“It was pretty nice, we went to many places, and... haven’t you noticed I am not using glasses anymore?”

“Actually, I already knew, Taemin told me Kai told him they took you for a change of image. The hair suits you really well, and I would have never imagine you would put on make-up yourself. People at school won’t even recognize you! By the way, Taemin is giving us a ride to school today, he will take us from the bus stop,” Jimin said.

“Hmm, that’s so sweet of him,” Sunmi said, “let’s go!”

 

Taemin was already waiting for them at the bus stop when they arrived.

“So, how was it to go to China with the mighty EXO?” Taemin asked Sunmi.

“It was really nice, thanks for asking,” she said.

“Oh, and by the way that hairstyle suits you really well, and you should have gotten rid of those hideous glasses a LONG time ago, you look really good,” said Taemin.

“Thanks, you are full of compliments today,” Sunmi said.

“Well, I am just in a good mood,” he said, giving Jimin a meaningful glance, one that Sunmi definitely caught.

“Did you guys get closer while we were gone?” Sunmi asked.

“No!” Jimin said at the same time that Taemin said “Yes!”

“I think you are imagining things,” Jimin said right afterwards.

The journey was relatively quiet after that.

 

That day, school had been pretty weird for Sunmi. Firstly, everyone was staring at her, and she could hear people whispering things like “Is she a new student?” “When did she start coming to our school?” “Isn’t that the nerd Jung Sunmi? Has she come back from her leave?” She tried ignoring the comments. When everyone finally realized she was actually Sunmi, they were utterly surprised. Most guys started being nicer to her, some even asked her out, apologizing for their previous jerk-like behavior.

It was even more weird because, every single class the two girls had together with Taemin, Jimin suggested they go sit next to him. Once they were sitting with him, Jimin and Taemin would start speaking with each other, totally forgetting about Sunmi. At one point Sunmi had to ask once more.

“Are you really sure nothing happened during the period of time I was in China?” she asked, mainly addressing Jimin.

“Of course not, silly,” Jimin answer while she laughed at Taemin’s joke, making Sunmi slightly roll her eyes. It was clear something had definitely happened, she would try not to bother herself with it, she was sure it would soon come out.

 

By the time it was time to go home, Jimin told Sunmi to go first since it was her turn to clean the classroom, Sunmi decided something was fishy and so she stayed near the class to spy on her friend.

After some time (where Jimin  didn’t even go for the cleaning supplies), Taemin entered the classroom, not noticing a squatting Sunmi by the door.

“So how are you feeling now?” Taemin asked.

“You helped me a lot, I feel much better now, I learned I don’t need them to be ok,” Jimin said, “of course the fact that you are always there for me also helps a lot.”

By then, Sunmi had decided it was not her place to be at, and left the two alone so they could speak privately.