The Great Wall of China

When All 12 Members Fall for Her

“It’s been so long since I’ve taken someone on a tour, where should we go first?” Luhan asked himself.

“Luhan, why aren’t the others here yet?” Sunmi asked. She was wearing one of the dresses bought the previous day, Baekhyun had forced her into it.

“They are not coming, today is my date with you,” Luhan cutely said.

“Are the other’s ok with it? We didn’t do the drawing we usually do,” said Sunmi.

“Don’t worry, they’ve already gone to all the places I am taking you to. And you will enjoy sightseeing a lot more with someone from Beijing, won’t you?”

“You are from Beijing? I didn’t know that,” Sunmi said, surprised.

“Believe me, there are so many things of me you don’t know, (and actually haven’t bothered to learn them),” Luhan said, “I hope we are able to get to know each other better today.”

“I look forward to it, so where are we going first?”

 

After much thinking, Luhan decided to start with the Forbidden City. Luhan started introducing the building to Sunmi, perfectly explaining its history and purpose. The same happened with every single landmark they went to. The Temple of Heaven with its wonderful circular building, the Summer Palace and its beautiful lakes and gardens, the Tiananmen square site of several important event in the Chinese history and the Ming tombs, finishing the tour at the Badaling Great Wall.

“You are a wonderful tour guide,” Sunmi said, “you know everything, it seems like you did pay attention during lessons,” she teased as they walked hand in hand through the wall.

“Of course I did, I was the best student in my entire school,” Luhan said.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, why would I lie about that? I took part in various contest s including math, science history. I graduated with honors,” Luhan smiled, remembering the days before becoming a public figure, “actually every year we would go to the Summer palace and then come here to celebrate my birthday, then we would go to a little street market to have dinner and head back home.”

“That’s so cool, I would love to have something special for my birthday every year. Up till now, my birthdays have always been a cake and a little gift from my family.”

“Well, then I will make sure that this year’s birthday will be wonderful, ok?”

“Alright, thank you!”

After Luhan’s explanation of the place, and enjoying the scenery a little longer, they decided to go search for the street market Luhan previously mentioned.

“I am sure it was  somewhere in here,” Luhan muttered to himself as he searched the streets, trying to find a little entrance.

“Is it there?” Sunmi asked, finding a red poster with Chinese characters.

“Yes,” Luhan sheepishly said, “It is, I think I must go get my eyes checked.” Sunmi giggled at his cute attitude.

 

They went  to the same place Luhan would go to with his parents.

“I know it may looked really humble compared to what we ate yesterday, but I can assure you it is incredibly delicious,” Luhan said, and it was.

After they finished eating they took a taxi back to the hotel.

“I didn’t have the opportunity to ask earlier, but why did you decide to be a singer, you would have been able to get  into any prestigious university with those grades.” Sunmi said.

“Although I had good grades, I had a passion for singing. It was always my dream to become a renowned singer like Jay Chou or JJling, I even started learning how to compose. But when my parents discovered I had intentions to become an idol, they opposed to it,” Luhan explained, “they continuously told me I was going to waste my intelligence just to go and look pretty on stage. Of course, they also doubt I would be able to succeed in such competitive industry.”

“I see, it must have been difficult… How did you convince your parents to allow you to follow your dream?”

“I couldn’t. I constantly went to auditions held in Beijing without them knowing, although I didn’t succed. Then I decided I would go to study to Korea, and I was scouted there while hanging out with some friends,” he said.

“I guess your parents weren’t happy about your situation,” Sunmi said.

“Of course not, but there was nothing they could do about it. I was already and adult, and so I went to the audition and got in. After I debuted, I called my parents to tell them I was going back to China, and told them I would debut… After realizing I had already succeeded they had to give up, and allow to me do what I wanted.”

“Seems like you rebelled against your parents,” Sunmi said. “How’s your relationship with them now?” she asked.

“It got better. Now I have all of their support and I try to visit them whenever we come to promote to Beijing.”

“I think it could be the same situation for many people who want to follow this road. They won’t receive full support until their parents are totally sure they we be able to triumph.” Luhan’s expression had become grim. It was clear that opposite from the memories of his birthday, these memories pained him a lot.

“Don’t think about that!” Sunmi suddenly said, making Luhan give a little jump. “Think about the members who’ve always given you their support, and of your fans who will always love and support you. Think about this,” Sunmi said as she leaned towards Luhan and gave him a small peck on the cheek, making him jump once again.

After Sunmi’s actions, everything became quiet, both bodies totally stiff, all conversation. Suddenly Luhan started to lean his body towards Sunmi and gave her a quick peck on the lips, immediately protecting himself before she could hit him, but the strike never came. Instead, there was a flushed Sunmi, who looked totally lost as to how she should react.

“Thanks,” Luhan said staring at her with loving eyes, “you made me feel much better.”