Oppa

When All 12 Members Fall for Her

The rest of the trip by train, Sunmi stayed stubbornly quiet, and Xiumin just let her be. There would be many other chances to have a conversation with her. As soon as the train stopped, Xiumin dragged Sunmi out before everyone else got out, and ran up the stairs, and right into the Chinese restaurant.

“Sunmi, what do you feel like eating? I will buy it for you!” Xiumin beamed with an adorable smile once they were settled in a table, with their menus in hand.

“I don’t know, just… whatever, I actually don’t feel like eating, so ask for whatever you like,” Sunmi said, trying to be cold, while she was feeling warm in the inside. How could all these 12 handsome guys want to be with her even after they saw her true self with the thick glasses, and lack of style.

Nobody ever wanted to be with her, so it was a good way to keep fake people away, only people who really liked her because of how she was like came near her, but it made her feel really lonely, if it hadn’t been because of Jimin approaching her, she didn’t how she would be faring by then.

“Yah! Sunmi, don’t zone out, I warn you, if you don’t eat right now, you will get hungry!” Xiumin said, trying to get Sunmi’s attention.

“Just think I am not here and eat if you are so hungry,” Sunmi answered.

Xiumin decided to just ignore Sunmi, and order for her, so when the lady came back to take the orders, Xiumin ordered all the food he liked the best, making Sunmi’s eyes double their size.

“Hey, are you going to eat all of those by yourself?! Won’t you explode?”

“See? There you go again, worrying about me,” Xiumin said with a triumphant smile on his face.

“First, I am NOT worrying about you. Second, if you eat all of that by yourself, you will become fat!”

A playful smile, appeared on Xiumin’s lips, and he started to approach Sunmi. “Want me to show you something?”

“As if I would want you to show me something,” Sunmi scoffed.

“Come, just a little peak?” Xiumin said, as he got something out of his pocket, apparently his wallet.

Sunmi didn’t answer to that, and so Xiumin took it as a yes. “See this picture?” Xiumin asked.

Sunmi sighed in defeat, she was really curious about exactly what he so suddenly wanted to show her. She lifted her eyes, and directed her glaze towards the picture.

“Yes, I see it.”

“Who do you think it is?” Xiumin asked again.

“Uhmm… I don’t know, your little brother maybe? You look really similar to him, although the person in the photo could lose a couple of kilos…… See? If you keep eating like that, you will finish like him!” Sunmi said pointing towards the photo.

“You know what?”

“What?”

“That little boy in the picture is me when I was 10 years old.”

“Are you being serious?” Sunmi’s mouth was forming a small “O”. Xiumin was so slim (although just enough for him to look hot, not sickly), she would have never thought he might have had weight issues before.

“Of course, why would I lie to you about it?”

“Then why are you saying it so proudly, aren’t these the sort of things famous people usually try to hide to keep their image?” Sunmi confusedly asked.

“Well, firstly you aren’t just anyone, I care about you , I don’t think telling you something as little as this could make anything bad happen to my image. Second, I don’t care about people knowing how I used to be before. That’s who I was, and if they are going to start hating on me just because of that, then just let them hate on me. I don’t want those sort of people to be my fan,” Xiumin explained.

There was a moment of silent. This was really different to how she thought Xiumin was. He was so thoughtful, mature and sensible. Both of them just stared at the table while the food came, when finally Sunmi broke the silence.

“Was it really hards?”

“What was hard?”

“Hmmm… You know, having to change to be able to accomplish your dreams. When my oppa was auditioning for different companies, he used to come home, with a sad smile on his face telling me that the next audition, things would be better, and he would most definitely be scouted, didn’t you feel defeated at some point?”

“Of course I did. It was really hard for any company to scout me because of my looks, and then when they finally scouted me, I had to work out like crazy to be able to stay. At first I had to lose about 7 kilos per week. It might not seem much, but it was like hell to me. I couldn’t eat what I wanted, and I almost fainted because of all the physical activities I did. Not once, but many time did I think of giving up, but the thought of finally being able to be a singer, pushed me on.”

‘That’s so different to how I thought being under SM would be, that’s so different of how I thought he would be,’ Sunmi thought to herself.

“Why are you looking so sad?” Xiumin asked.

“Why would I be sad? Now that I think about it, I am starting to feel hungry, do you think I can eat as well?” Sunmi asked, with a much nicer tone of voice, she had decided Xiumin was someone worth to be with. And she also realized his road to fame wasn’t easier than her oppa’s. ‘Being nice to one of them won’t change anything anyways,’ she thought to herself.

“Of course, you really didn’t think I could all that alone right? I was also thinking about taking some to the guys…. That way D.O could have a little rest from cooking. Oh see, there’s the food.”

“Oh my god!! That looks so yummy, it would totally be worth the breakfast I didn’t have!!” Sunmi exclaimed without thinking much.

“Hey,” Xiumin teasingly said, “didn’t you say you weren’t hungry?”

“Maybe a lied a little?” Sunmi said in childish voice. Just as she finished speaking, her stomach started grumbling, real loud.

“A little?”

“Well, maybe I was really hungry…….”

“I see, since it was totally not obvious,” he sarcastically said, “Don’t wait anymore, you seem to be about to faint because of hunger. Just remember to leave enough for 11.”

“Don’t worry, I don’t eat that much, and look at this much food, I think it would be enough for 50 people to eat!”

“Well…. I guess you will never say that again after you get to know us better.” Xiumin smiled.

 

They finished eating their food, and went out. Just outside the restaurant, there was a fountain show. There were several waterjets. Children were playing and getting wet, enjoying a summer afternoon.

“Oh, Xiumin, those waterjets look like if they could reach the sky,” Sunmi pointed out.

“Hmm… It’s true…”

“It looks fun…. Do you want to go in and play with me?” Sunmi asked. This took Xiumin by surprise, but he accepted without thinking twice about it.

“Of course, let’s go!”

And so they rushed in, getting themselves soaked from head to toes, and started playing with the water like 6 year olds. They even played with the little kids, both of them were really good being with children.

While they were playing, a man walked by selling bubbles. Xiumin immediately went, and bought two. As soon as Sunmi received the bubbles, he started blowing them right on Xiumin’s face.

“Yah, don’t do that! It gets on my eyes!!” Xiumin complained.

“Yes unnie, don’t do that to oppa! You might ruin his beautiful eyes!” one of the little girls said.

“Don’t worry, that oppa is really strong, nothing would harm him,” Sunmi reassured the little girl, as she continued to blow the bubbles. As a way of revenge, Xiumin started to blow bubble on Sunmi as well, soon enough, the fountain, and all its surrounding were full with colorful soap bubbles.

 

They played until the Sun started set, and that’s when Xiumin decided to take Sunmi home. They went to retrieve the food for the other members, and started the way back.

“I will take you back home, alright?”

“Ok, but can we just walk there, I want to see the sunset.”

“I was about to suggest the same,” Xiumin beamed as he took Sunmi’s hand in him. She was a little taken aback by his actions, but decided to let him do it. It felt right and warm.

As they walked, they told stories to each other, and once in a while, one of them tried to make the other laugh with terribly bad jokes, and like that, they arrived at Sunmi’s house.

“Thank you Xiumin, today I had lots of fun. I could just play around, and not think about anything, I think I even owe you one!”

“Don’t say that, just by being with me for today, I don’t know how I will be able to repay you for your time. What about a second date where I could repay you for today?”

“Hmmm… Don’t try your limits, it was one date per person Xiumin.” Sunmi chuckled lightly.

“I had to try…. Well, bye, see you next time! I would just like to request one thing from you, can I?”

“After today, yes, you can.”

“Can you start calling me oppa? It feels like we are strangers every time you call me Xiumin. It’s not even my real name you know?”

“I will think about it…” Sunmi said with a thoughtful expression on her face. But, just as Xiumin was leaving her house, she shouted, “BYE UMIN OPPA!! Be careful while going home!!!”

 

As soon as Xiumin arrived at the dorm, all the members threw themselves on top of him with questions.

“Hyung!! What did you do? You came back really late!” Sehun said.

“Yes hyung, did she soften a little?” Baekhyun asked.

“Did fans recognize you?” Chen asked.

“I won’t say much,” Xiumin said, “I will just tell you Chen. Remember your question just before our comeback? I take back my words. You know, when you really fall for a girl, you will not be able to be apart from her just to protect her. You will protect her by being with her, not by pulling away.”

 

 

Support with comments and by subscribing and upvoting!!!