More than Friends?

When All 12 Members Fall for Her

Jimin had realized within a few days after Sunmi accepting EXO’s offer, that there was some sort of mutual liking between them, and that therefore there would be not space for her. Of course, the idea of losing her biases to her best friend pained her, but she was trying to smile even when she was feeling bad.

As she waited for the bus to come, she started thinking about all the things that had happened ever since that day at Myeondong. Analyzing everything, the only one who had really shown interest in her well being out of all the guys was Taemin. Even if she had only met him a couple of times, he had always been nice and caring towards her.

Her train of thoughts was suddenly stopped by the honking of a car. The same van Taemin had been in last he had given her and Sunmi a ride to school. This time it was full with all the other SHINee members.

“Gong Jimin! Do you need a ride? I can assure it will be better than taking the bus.!” Taemin said.

Jimin decided that going with SHINee, and specially with Taemin would help her feel better, so she accepted.”Yes, can you please take me home? Is there space for me in there?”

“There will always be space for you in here,” Taemin cheesily said, making his hyungs snicker at him.

Jimin finished being squashed between Taemin and Minho.  Onew had offered the co driver’s sit, but she had refused. Although she kept saying to herself she had given the sit to Onew because it would have been the correct thing to do, deep inside she knew she would be more comfortable besides Taemin, even if there was barely space for her to sit down.

“So, where’s your house?” Minho asked, “and how do you know our Taeminnie?”

“We met at school,” Taemin interrupted before Jimin could answer by herself, “and she won’t be going home… At least not yet, she will be coming with us for lunch.” Taemin gave a questioning look at Jimin as he said the last thing, she just nodded. “Let’s just say she is Manager hyung’s sister,” he said remembering the plan Kai had told him EXO had made to take Sunmi to China.

“Hyung, is it ok?” Taemin asked

“I think even if I said no, you would still bring her with us,” SHINee’s manager said, making Taemin smile triumphantly.

Taemin took Jimin to the restaurant where SHINee always had lunch between schedules, then he told the others he would take Jimin home, so they could go to rest to the dorm first (since schedules where finished for the day).

 

“Why do you look so down?” Taemin asked Jimin as soon as the other members were out of view ‘and hopefully hearing range,’ he thought to himself knowing s would love to spy him interacting with a girl.

“I don’t feel like talking about it,” she silently said.

“Well, then how about an ice cream?” Taemin cheerfully asked, a huge smile on his face, totally brushing off the previous topic.

“That… That sound nice,” Jimin said, just slightly curling her lips up.

 

After buying the ice creams, they decided to walk around the neighborhood and enjoy the weather.

“Hmm, it’s so nice being able to do this once in a while!” Taemin said as he stretched his arms.

“Hey, careful, you don’t want people recognizing you,” Jimin hissed, looking around to make sure no one was following them.

“Don’t worry, I often come to this neighborhood when I need a breath from being a public figure, no one recognizes me here. Don’t worry about that.”

Jimin decided that wouldn’t do, Taemin could be really affected if someone saw him walking down the street with a girl. She searched in her bag for her sweater and  told Taemin to put it on (it had a hoodie).

“But it is hot pink!” Taemin protested. “I will look like a little girl. And to be frank, I will call more attention with this on,” he reasoned.

“Doesn’t matter whether you make people look at you or not as long as your faced is cover.”

“But it is really hot!”

“Doesn’t matter, your carreer is more important than feeling hot!”

“Alright, alright,” Taemin said, slightly chuckling at Jimin’s cuteness. Then he turned serious, “but if I put it on, you will tell me why you looked so sad, ok?”

After thinking for a while, Jimin decided that telling someone could really help the weight out of her chest.

“I am jealous of Sunmi. I know I shouldn’t, but I really want to be in her place. You know it can be difficult for a fan to see their biases going out with other girls. Not only that, Sunmi seems to be unaware of how I feel, and is always telling me about her dates; and when we all go out together, they sort of ignore me and only care about whatever Sunmi needs.”

“Hmm, I see,” Taemin muttered. “Then… let’s do this. Next time you all go out together, call me and I will immediately go so that you have someone who will be taking care of you,” he said while taking out a pen and scribbling his phone number on her arm, “also, next time Sunmi goes out on a date, call me, and we will go on a date, of course as friend,” he quickly added, realizing Jimin’s shocked expression. “Oh, and whenever you feel like you need to talk to someone, just message me, I will make sure to answer.”

“Are you sure you can keep all those promises?” Jimin teasingly asked, she would be happy even if he was not able to make it every single time, the thought was there.

“Of course!” Taemin exclaimed, “I am a man who doesn’t go back on his word! Don’t suffer alone like this again, ok? If Sunmi is not being such a good friend, I will always be there for you.”

“Thanks, I will keep that in mind,” Jimin said.