Happy Birthday!

When All 12 Members Fall for Her

“Today is Sunmi’s birthday!” Luhan yelled as soon as he woke up, so that everyone in the dorm could hear it.

“You think we don’t know? We’ve been counting the days even before we went to China,” Chen said.

“I promised Sunmi this birthday would be totally unique, did you go buy the gifts for her? It is her coming of age birthday,” Luhan said.

“Of course we already went to buy her gift,” Sehun said.

“And the roses? And perfume?” Luhan asked.

“Don’t you remember? We went out for those yesterday,” Lay said trying to calm Luhan down.

“Oh, right, I forgot,” Luhan sheepishly said.

“Calm down,” Xiumin said, “everything will turn out nicely.”

“Ok… I will tell Taemin to bring the girls, Sunmi shouldn’t be aware of the surprise,” Kai said.

 

“They are preparing a surprise for Sunmi?” Jimin asked Taemin.

“Yes. And we have to make sure to take her there without allowing her to realize anything,” he said.

“Alright.”

“I will go take you to Sunmi’s house. We cannot take her directly since they need some time to settle up, so we can just do something or drive in circles. Oh! Should I take roses?”

“No, you shouldn’t. EXO’s and I are already getting her more than enough flowers to last a life time, so don’t you dare bring flowers, ok?”

“Ok…..”

‘She’s jealous!’ Taemin happily thought to himself.

 

“Sunmi! We are here!” Jimin called out.

Sunmi immediately came out dressed in jeans and a baggy shirt.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Jimin and Taemin cheered at the same time. Jimin gave her best friend a beautiful bouquet of roses, and a really nice perfume.

“Thank you!” Sunmi said, giving Jimin a tight hug, “but where’s my kiss?”

“I think we can be sure EXO will come up with an idea to give you that,” Taemin joked, making Sunmi’s face turn the color of the flowers she was holding.

“Soo... where are you taking me?” Sunmi asked.

“Nothing much, we are just going for a drive, and then we will go to EXO’s dorm to have cake,” Taemin nonchalantly said

Just thinking about spending time with EXO made her feel giddy, “That sounds wonderful,” she said.

 

To: Taemin
From: Jongin
Can you bring her to Han River by 6?

To: Jongin
From: Taemin
Ok

 

“Should we go for a walk at Han River Park?” Taemin asked, “EXO’s dorm is nearby, so we can easily go.”

“Alright, I think last time I went there was with EXO, when I still disliked them, it shall bring nice memories.” Sunmi said with a goofy smile.

 

After walking for while, just having a breath, “It’s already getting dark, shouldn’t we be going to the guys dorm now?”

“Let’s just stay for a little more, I am enjoying it here a lot, please?” Taemin said with as much aegyo as he could, making Jimin rage with jealousy.

“How can I say no when you say it like that?”

 

To: Jongin
From: Taemin
Where are you? Han River is really big, it's almost 6!

To: Taemin
From: Jongin
We are ready, please bring her to where the firework shows are usually seen.

 

Taemin started walking ahead of the 2 girls, trying to lead Sunmi to where EXO wanted her to be, at exactly 6 pm, Sunmi was exactly where she was required, and soon, Taemin and Jimin disappeared, going to EXO’s dorm where they would really have cake.

Soon, one by one the EXO members came out holding a rose on one hand and a present bag on the other hand. One by one they started giving Sunmi the roses, and the present.

Tao came out and gave Sunmi both items and a kiss on the cheek, “I love you,” he said.

Then Kris came out, gave Sunmi her presents, and kissed her closer to , “I will never forget you he said.

Then Xiumin came out, giving Sunmi the gifts and kissing a little closer to saying, “Please stay with me.”

So like that, member by member came out, gave Sunmi the rose, the present, said something short but meaningful, and then gave her a kiss, which came closer to .

Finally Luhan came out with a bouquet of roses, came to Sunmi giving her the roses and the gift, “No matter who you choose, I will never stop loving you,” he said, and gave Sunmi a quick peck on her lips.

 

---2 hours before---

“But Luhan, how are we going to decide who’s going to kiss her?” Xiumin asked.

“We are all kissing her,” Luhan said.

“Come on, you know what Xiumin hyung means,” Chanyeol said-

“Well… I hate to make it this way, but can you guys allow me to kiss her? I promised her I would make this birthday unforgettable,” Luhan pleaded.

After much thinking, EXO decided it would be alright for Luhan to have his great moment, he had promised her after all, and what Sunmi felt was the most important.

“Bu still, how are we deciding the order we are coming out in?” Kai asked.

“Rock, paper, scissors?” Sehun suggested.

 

As soon as Luhan’s and Sunmi’s lips parted, fireworks filled the dark sky with light. Sunmi was starting to tear up. No one had ever gone to this length to give her a birthday surprise. As the fireworks on the sky wrote the words “Happy Birthday Jung Sunmi!”, all twelve members surrounded Sunmi shouting the same words.

“Thank you guys so much, I will never be able to forget this day,” Sunmi said.

“We still have to go back to the dorm!” Baekhyun enthusiastically said, “We have to sing and have cake!”

After having Sunmi blow out the candle (not before having her wish), they ate the cake, together with Taemin and Jimin, and took Sunmi back home (Taemin took Jimin home). They had trouble getting all the bags into the van, but finally they were able to make it all fit.

Back home, Sunmi had dinner with her family, and they sang for her once again, and she ate cake once again. Jinyoung about who gave her the coming of age kiss, and she went back to her room.

Sunmi started thinking about that days evetns, and realized how big EXO had become in her life. She was unable to think how her life would be without the twelve dorky, cute and silly boys in her life.

That day would be Sunmi’s most special birthday.