34

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence engulfed the atmosphere around us. With my eyes still opened widely, I stared at Xiumin, who’s cupping my cheeks with his hands and with his eyes closed. This… is the umpteenth time that he did this to me, and this time, I surprisingly like it.

A few seconds later, Xiumin pulled away, our breaths heavy because of the kiss. He lowered his head for a mere second before he let out forehead touch one another. I stared at him, half believing yet half thinking that everything that what happened just now was a dream.

“X-xiumin-”

“Ssh,” he cut me off before he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. “I know, I know… but please… let me hold you like this,” he muttered against my ear. I could feel his breath tickling the skin of my nape.

I just nodded at his plead, letting my arms wrapped against his torso. We stayed like that for a few minutes, completely immersed in our own thoughts, until Xiumin pulled away.

“Sorry. I wasn’t supposed to do that,” he muttered as he slowly raised his head, looking at my eyes. “It was a mistake.”

Mistake? I discreetly clenched my fists. “Mistake?”

“Yeah,” Xiumin gave me a small nod. “I’m not your boyfriend or anything. But I must admit it sooner or later… that I like you, Lee Ahyoung,” he inhaled a deep breath and stared straight into my eyes, making me widen my eyes.

Wait… is it me, or Xiumin is telling me that he likes me?

“No, scratch that,” Xiumin shook his head. “I love you, Lee Ahyoung.”

I felt my knees wobble, and my heart pounding faster in my chest. I was confused if I’m in reality or this is just a dream. But whatever it is, I feel like I’m flying on cloud nine, and the warmth is slowly spreading through my whole body.

Xiumin pulled my right hand and caressed it softly. “Will you be my girlfriend, Lee Ahyoung?” he asked, so tenderly sweet that I was even loss for words.

My eyes stared at him. The boy who I’ve recently liked actually loves me? Oh, god, this is like the fairytales in those books. I can’t believe it!

“You don’t have to answer it now,” Xiumin interrupted my thoughts. “I don’t want to rush you and I’m sure that you never expected this…”

Yes, I have never expected him at all. But… “D-do you know, that I’ve been waiting for that for a while now?” I stuttered, avoiding his eyes because I could feel my face heat up. Someone help me from stuttering, oh my gawd. This is plain embarrassing!

“W-what?” Xiumin cupped my chin, making me have to look at him. I saw his disbelieved expression, making me gulp. “So that means---”

“Yes,” I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling me heart pound faster. “Yes, I accept your confession, Kim Minseok.”

Still with my eyes closed, I can’t hear any response from Xiumin. Hesitantly, I opened my eyes, and saw his shocked expression, but his eyes never left mine.

“W-What?” I managed to stutter in my state, where I can feel my cheeks heat up and my palms sweating, even though it’s cold outside. “If y-you don’t want to, I’ll leave---”

“No one said you can leave,” Xiumin’s tone made me stop moving. I stared at his eyes, still with that slight cold spark there. His face was still expressionless; I can barely read his eyes. Gulping, I just nodded at his words.

“O-okay,” I responded, a bit shy because of the position we were in.

Suddenly, I felt myself flying into the air; making me have to grip what’s near me---unfortunately, it’s Xiumin’s neck. I squealed as I began to realize that my vision is spinning. I looked at Xiumin, who’s now grinning happily as he spun me around.

“This is the best day ever!” Xiumin exclaimed, still spinning me around. A few minutes later, he placed me down and stared at me with a bright expression. “I can’t believe this. Am I dreaming? Ahyoung, the Lee Ahyoung that hates my guts… said ‘yes’?”

Rolling my eyes, I slapped his cheek lightly. The way Xiumin talked about it made me feel embarrassed, since what he said was right, though. But of course, I won’t admit it loudly or else he’ll tease me to death.

“Oh, shut up,” I muttered as I turned my head, avoiding his stare.

Xiumin held my chin and pecked my lips, making my eyes widen. “Nope. I won’t shut up because this is the best day ever!” he laughed.

“Ugh, fine,” I yawned. “I’m feeling sleepy. Shouldn’t we go back to our rooms?”

“What?” Xiumin pouted. “We’re official just now and you want to sleep already?”

“Of course! It’s freaking 12 in the midnight right now, Xiumin!” I said sarcastically. “How am I supposed to not get sleepy? Tomorrow we’re going back to our houses anyway and we have to wake up early. Mr. Woo told us, didn’t he?”

“I don’t care,” Xiumin hugged me, taking me by surprise. “We’re just official for about five minutes and you want to separate already? Do you even like me?” he asked with a frown.

Sighing, I pecked his lips all of a sudden. “There. That’s the proof. Happy?” I muttered as I avoided his eyes, not wanting him to see my flushed cheeks.

“Nope,” Xiumin smiled before he leaned in, pulling me in a surprise kiss. A few minutes later, he pulled away and my cheek with his thumb. “That’s more like it,” he teased.

“Stop it,” I muttered, trying to hide my blushing cheeks by pushing his face away.

“I won’t. Why are you even shy?” Xiumin chuckled and cupped my chin, smiling softly at me when I met his eyes. He kissed my nose before pulling away and pulled me closer. “You should be happy because we’re boyfriend and girlfriend already.”

Girlfriend. Oh gosh, how can he even say it so casually? I can’t even say those words without getting myself flustered… I can barely speak properly.

I felt Xiumin pecking my cheek before he let go of me from his embrace. I looked at him in confusion, which he replied by tangling our hands together and pulling me forward. Discreetly smiling, I sunk my head to the collar of my jacket to hide m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter