28

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day has passed, and now; here I am, walking beside Eunhee towards the hall to get out breakfast. Honestly, when I went back to our room yesterday, Eunhee saw my puffy eyes. She didn’t ask me anything about it and just let me cry my heart out. So, I’m thankful for her.

“What could we possibly have for breakfast?” Eunhee asked me and tapped her chin. “Yesterday’s were quite awful, though. Ugh, I hope it’s much better than yesterday’s meal.”

I chuckled and slapped her arm playfully. “At lease be grateful that we have something to eat, Han Eunhee. Do you want to starve? If you do, be my guest. Because I don’t wanna,” I teased at her. She gave me a look, and I just stuck my tongue out at her.

As Eunhee turned her head… “Oh! There they are!” she exclaimed. I followed her gaze and it stopped on the table which was filled by a few EXO members who were playing with their phones. They looked up when they heard Eunhee’s voice, and I swear my heart nearly dropped when I saw that Xiumin didn’t even glance at me at all.

Both of us approached the table and took our seats. I sat between Suho and Chen, while Eunhee was beside Chen---it’s like Chen was practically being squished by two ants. When she fixed her position, Chen whispered something to Eunhee’s ear and the latter giggled shyly.

Lovebirds, I rolled my eyes before giving Eunhee, who was looking at me, a smug look. She gave me an unreadable expression before she started to continue conversing with Chen.

A few minutes later, the other members who were taking the other’s food, came with both plates full. Apparently, only five people were here because they need seven people to at least bring two sets of meal each person. Basically, it’s seven times two equals fourteen (us). They placed the plates, and when I looked at the food at my plate that was given, I sighed in relieve because it’s my favorite dish: kimchi fried rice!

I started to eat first; not caring whether I came out a bit rude. Hey, come on. I’m hungry. It’s normal for people to be hungry, okay?

Then soon, everyone followed my lead; eating. Breakfast cannot go to waste anyway.

Suddenly, I felt Chen’s body touching my back. With my eyes, I discreetly watched Chen’s actions. I saw Chen trying to whisper something to Suho. Feeling curious, I pretended to be oblivious so that I could eavesdrop.

“Hyung, help me,” I heard Chen whisper. I fought the urge to roll my eyes. I mean, Chen was like practically ‘talking’, not ‘whispering’ if his words could be heard by me.

“Mm-hmm?” Suho responded.

Then I felt Chen shuffling behind me. “I want to talk to Eunhee tonight, since it’s our last night in here. Will you help me with my plan?”

Hearing Eunhee’s name made me widen my eyes slightly. Eunhee is my best friend, and Chen is going to talk to her? Then a sudden thought made me nearly gasp. What if Chen was going to tell Eunhee to back off from her feelings because he already had a girlfriend?

No! I don’t want to face a heartbroken Eunhee!

“I see why not,” I heard Suho answer Chen’s question.”What do I need to do?”

Chen whispered, “Please help me tell her to go to the garden at night, 8 o’clock. Just tell her after we finished eating. She’s like three seats away from you right now.”

“Garden? Is it the one near our villa?” Suho asked, and from the corner of my eyes, I saw Chen nod. “Sure. I’ll deliver your message to her.”

“Thanks, hyung. You’re the best,” discreetly, I saw Chen giving a thumb up to Suho, which the latter replied with a smile, before the both of them proceeded to continue eating their breakfast.

Inwardly, I felt the protective side of me began to turn on. I gripped onto my silverware while trying to control my facial expression. Luckily no one noticed me, so I just proceeded to continue eating with a heavy heart.

No matter what happens, I need to do something if there is something bad going to happen. Of course, I will still let Eunhee to meet Chen, but I will spy on them. Yes, I repeat; I will spy on them. Sounds insane, but I had to for Eunhee’s sake.

But there are some problems here; firstly, I need to have someone beside me so that he or she could help me on my plan.

Secondly, the only ones who I trust on helping me with the plan are only the EXO boys. Well, I could just let Jinki oppa to help me, but he’s one of the teachers as well, even though he was only a substitute teacher.

Thirdly, I need to think about the plan. Fast!

 

***

 

“What to do, what to do….” I muttered to myself as I tapped my chin with my index finger. Then I snapped. “Ah! I’ll ask one of the EXO boys to help me!”

Then I started to search for them. Fortunately, one passed when I was going to the garden to find them. “Lu Han!” I called.

Lu Han raised an eyebrow before he approached me. “Hm?”

“I need your help. Really,” I faked a cute expression (which I knew it was a failure). “I---”

“Sorry, Ahyoung,” Lu Han cut me off by placing an arm in front of my face. “The student council’s president called me just now to help him on something. Sorry.”

My face darkened. “But---”

“Very sorry, Ahyoung! See ya!” Lu Han waved back at me before he went to his destination, leaving me dumbfounded in my spot.

“Great, just great. One down, ten to go,” I let my fingers ran to my hair in frustration. Just then, I found two other EXO members running to a certain spot. Where did they want to go?

“Hey, Tao! Kris!” I yelled, which made them stop their tracks. They turned their heads and I founded that their expressions were… worried?

“What’s wrong?” I asked when I approached them. Both of them shook their heads.

“Manager hyung’s here. He wants to meet us for the schedules,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter