32

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9 PM had arrived and the bonfire is about to start. EXO members along with Eunhee had already arrived first, leaving me alone to dress up myself before going out. The night was cold, so I decided to wear a thick jacket to prevent me from shivering.

Walking slowly to the bonfire, I saw that almost all the students had arrived and waiting for the real bonfire to start. Well, it’s not much actually. We’ll be doing a barbeque and today we are free to do whatever we want; including sleeping as late as we want, of course.

As I got closer to the bonfire, Eunhee tackled me in a headlock all of a sudden. “Ahyoung, my best friend! You’re late! How come?”

I pulled away from her grip and smacked her arm. “You guys left me, actually,” I corrected her, which earned an embarrassed cough from Eunhee.

“Whatever. You’re missing out the fun!” Eunhee rolled her eyes before gripping my wrist. She pulled me towards the members, who are currently sitting at the left side of the bonfire.

Following Eunhee’s tracks, I trailed my gaze along the bonfire. The woods were neatly tucked above a grassless ground so it won’t spread any fire. The teachers were standing very close to our gasoline so that the fire will stay on. Students were busy chattering since the barbeque haven’t started. But my question is: how are we supposed to have a barbeque when we---

“Suho-ssi, Xiumin-ssi, and Tao-ssi, help me bring the grill, please!” I turned my head when I heard Mr. Woo’s voice boom through my ears.

Oh well. Forget my question then.

As I averted my attention to EXO, I saw that the members called were getting up. Frustrated groans could be heard from them, and I chuckled discreetly---knowing very well that they were too immersed in their conversation, and Mr. Woo suddenly interrupted.

However, my smile almost instantly disappeared from my lips when I saw Xiumin’s eyes staring at mine. His expression was stoic; I can’t even read him. Of course, I was sad that we never talked again after the incident earlier. But whenever I attempted to talk to him these past few hours, it seems like Xiumin was avoiding me.

And it hurts.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I trailed the hand and founded Tao’s face, smiling brightly at me. “We’ll be back soon! Ugh, that Woo just had to interrupt our conversation,” Tao groaned and his smile immediately disappeared.

Seeing his frustrated expression made me laugh. “Just do what Mr. Woo says and after that, you guys have plenty of time to talk, right?” I suggested.

Tao smiled again. “Thanks, Ahyoung.”

“Anytime,” I mumbled before Tao left to Mr. Woo.

I turned my head and founded Xiumin’s eyes again. He was still using that same facial expression; stoic. Gulping, I immediately avoided his eyes; scared to find out that he was still mad at me.

“Xiumin oppa.”

I raised my head instantly at the girly voice that I recognize. Cha Jihyun.

Xiumin turned his head to Jihyun, still with that expression. Can’t he just stop it? Jihyun, oblivious to his expression just smiled at him. “I want my answer,” she blurted out.

With Jihyun’s words, I immediately felt a pang of pain in my chest. I almost forgot the fact that Jihyun confessed to Xiumin recently, which the latter hadn’t answered---judging from the way Jihyun aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter