24

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tomorrow’s the day when the school trip will be held. And yes, I am so totally anticipating it with my whole heart. Please note the sarcasm in my sentence, okay?

It has been a few days since I talked to the EXO members—wait. Scratch that. It has been a few days since I talked to one certain member; Xiumin, after the incident when I heard Jihyun directly confessed to Xiumin after school accidentally.

And yup, the slight ache feeling inside me still hadn’t got off me every time I remembered that incident. I don’t know why, but I hate myself to admit what I’m feeling was true.

I was jealous.

Oh great. I just made a fool of myself. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous, and I will never be jealous.

Speaking of jealous… EXO and Eunhee lately had been up to something. But the weird part here, Xiumin wasn’t there. I’ve been seeing them talk to each other recently, but I don’t want to make assumptions, therefore I just stayed quiet and pretended that I don’t know anything.

Honestly, I am really really curious about what they’re talking about without me. It’s like they’re cornering me out from their circle. But meh, Xiumin wasn’t with them either; therefore I convinced myself that we’re even.

Although I’m really in denial, I can’t help but to miss that Price Not So Charming’s round face whenever he wasn’t with EXO.

The school bell rang, and I snapped out of my thoughts. Luckily Mr. Son didn’t notice me spacing out and I was grateful that I managed to give him a novel from his birthday yesterday. I know he was reading it—it was very obvious.

How could I know?

Because that teacher straightforwardly opened the novel after he gave us some notes to be written down on our books. During his break from the explanations on how to do this and that, he quickly went to the teacher’s desk and opened the novel.

I knew it was mine by the time I saw the bookmark strap that’s hanging on top of the book. Plus, I sat at the middle of the row; so that didn’t help me deny the fact either.

Packing up my things, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and was the last person to walk out from class. I guess they’re too hungry; that’s why they (the other students) went out first.

When I was at the frame of the door… “Ms. Lee,” Mr. Son called me, and that made me turn around 180 degrees.

“Yes, teacher?” I answered politely. For the first time in my life, I was grateful for Mr. Son. I actually felt my steps gone heavy when I was about to walk outside to the cafeteria.

He motioned me to go closer and I obliged. He handed me five inch stack of paper and I accepted it with a surprised look. “What’s this for, teacher?” I said behind the stack.

“I want you to deliver these to the teacher’s lounge. And please place it on my desk. You do know where my desk is, right, Ms. Lee?” he requested.

Yes. Thank you for making me avoid going to the cafeteria even if it’s just for awhile, Mr. Son, I inwardly said to him. I sighed in relieve and smiled at him. “Yes, I do know, sir. Is that all what I need to do?”

Mr. Son nodded at me and replied my smile with a grin. “Yes, that’s all.”

I bowed at him. “Excuse me, sir,” I mumbled and walked out from the classroom without waiting for his reply (as if I cared anyway.) After making sure that no one was in the hall where I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter