22

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why? Can’t I just play along?” Jinki frowned and tightened his grip around my shoulder. I gave him a ‘what-are-you-doing’ look.

I leaned closer to his ear and whispered with gritted teeth. “You said you don’t want your identity to be exposed, oppa.”

Jinki turned his head and gave me an amusing smile. “Says who? I never said that. Wasn’t that you who said that?” he stated mockingly. I widened my eyes and mentally covered my mouth. Damn, I should’ve not said that to him.

“You’re exaggerating,” I defended myself although I knew it was a lie. Hey, it slipped off from my lips, okay? I didn’t mean that eventually!

“No?” Jinki gave me a questioning look. His brows furrowed and he pushed my forehead backwards with his index finger. “You’re the one that’s exaggerating.”

When I was about to reply him, a fake cough cut off the conversation and when I turned around, I saw Baekhyun holding his throat while looking at us curiously. “Sorry to interrupt, but why are you here Mr. Lee? No offense, we’re just asking,” he said politely.

I felt the grip on my shoulder tighten. “Can’t I have a student-teacher bonding time with Ahyoung? She is one of my favorite students, though,” Jinki answered casually and when I looked at him, I saw him grinning ear to ear with a slight smirk.

“I see,” I looked and saw its Suho’s turn to speak. “But aren’t you supposed to be in the teacher lounge? I heard there will be a quick meeting in…” he glanced at his wristwatch. “Five minutes.”

Jinki’s eyes widened. “Eh? Oh my goodness,” he slapped his forehead. “I forgot about that! Oh my, oh my,” he quickly stood up and I mentally sighed in relieve when his hands were unwrapped from my arm.

“Thank you for reminding me, Joonmyun-ssi,” Jinki slightly bowed and patted the invisible dust in his lap. He looked at me and a small smile was plastered on his face. “Ahyoung, I gotta go, okay?” then he pecked on my cheek, making me surprised.

I held my cheek and looked at him in disbelief. Jinki patted my head and he quickly left the table after bidding us goodbye.

Silence engulfed on the table, until one person broke the silence. “Well that was… unique,” I turned my head to the source and noticed that Kris was the one who broke the silence.

“Y-yeah,” I mumbled lowly and felt my cheeks heating up. Oh goodness, this is so embarrassing. I bet they will ask me some questions.

Before one of them could ask me a question, I quickly stood up. “I have to go to the washroom. Sorry, I can’t hold my bladder anymore,” I said lying. Okay. I am a coward. I really want to avoid this question, so I ran to the washroom without waiting a response.

When I arrived at the washroom, I immediately shut the door closed and leaned my back against the door. Gosh, that was close. But I can’t avoid them too much or else they will get suspicious about my relation with Jinki.

Now to think how I should kill time quite long to avoid the question a bit longer.

I snapped my fingers and quickly ran to the sink. I rinsed my face and decided to just pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter