29

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night had arrived and you know what that means… yes. The plan will be accomplished. Hopefully it’ll run smooth and there will be no problems.

After dinner, I immediately went into my room and check my belongings that I will bring there. Luckily Eunhee wasn’t here, or else she’s going to assume things and the plan won’t go smooth. Weirdly, the remaining EXO members were absent for dinner, including Chen as well. And that ended up with me and Xiumin, in a table, discussing about the plan.

Two hours later, it’s nine o’clock. I locked the door behind me after I made sure that the teachers weren’t available and sneaked out to the cafeteria. As I arrived in front of the cafeteria and was about to call Xiumin, I already saw the guy standing there, wearing a gray hoodie that covered his face, paired along with some trainers and a pair of white sneakers.

“Hey, ready to go?” Xiumin asked as I approached him.

I nodded. “Yeah, but have you made sure that none of the EXO members were following?”

Xiumin shook his head. “I didn’t even see them since we talked this afternoon.”

“Well that’s strange. I haven’t seen Eunhee either.”

“Ssh! Behind you!”

I turned my head, and was immediately yanked back with Xiumin’s hand covering my mouth. He hushed me and whispered to me to be aware, because apparently, he had heard something.

“Hello, Eunhee?” the person asked, which I assume is Chen because he’s voice is too easy to detect. “Yeah, I’m waiting here. In the garden, okay? Where are you?”

It seems like he’s talking with Eunhee by phone, judging from the way silence followed when he asked questions to her.

“Sorry if I had to delay our meeting an hour. The teachers weren’t outside yet. Luckily you didn’t get out, right?” Chen asked, and from the place where I am, I could see that he was smiling. “You’re going down? Okay. I’ll be waiting,” then I heard a click and footsteps getting further away from our position.

I removed Xiumin’s hand from my mouth and stood up while sighing in relieve. “Luckily he didn’t catch us,” Xiumin sighed as he fixed his hoodie and patted the dirt in his pants away.

“Yeah,” I agreed and blew a few strands of hair out of my place. I turned my head to him and pointed to my back with my thumb. “Come on. We need to catch up with him or else we won’t be able to spy on them.”

Xiumin nodded and he walked away, with me trailing behind him. My mind was occupied with the things that I’m afraid that Chen will do to Eunhee. What if Chen will say harsh things to her and made her cry? I seriously can’t stand seeing Eunhee cry because it’s not like her. Yet again, it’s hard to make her stop crying if she had started---

My thoughts were stopped when a hand gripped on my left hand tightly. I trailed up and saw Xiumin was the one who was holding it, though he kept looking at the front.

“Hey,” I blinked at him before he turned his head to me and plastered a soft smile. “Everything’s going to be okay. I’m sure,” he said softly and gripped my hand in an assuring manner.

I sighed. “I hope so…”

Both of us walked till the garden, hand in hand. And surprisingly, I didn’t even complain about it.

As we neared the place where Chen and Eunhee will meet, we heard voices, so reflexively, Xiumin pulled me to hide behind the biggest bush near us and crouch down so the people there won’t see us sneaking up. I just hope that the ‘people’ are Chen and Eunhee.

I pushed away the leaves that covered my sight and peeked through the vacant side. My luck was right; Eunhee and Chen are already there.

“Psst, Umin!” I called Xiumin. He crouched near to me and I pointed at the two people’s direction. “They’re already here!”

---

“Have they arrived yet?” Eunhee mouthed as she stood in front of Chen. She didn’t look back because it might be obvious that she knows that Ahyoung and Xiumin were there.

Chen moved his eyes slightly so he won’t get caught, and nearly smirked when he caught two figures hiding behind the bushes, trying their best to not get caught. “Yup.”

Eunhee chuckled. “This is going to be fun,” she giggled.

“Totally,” Chen agreed, but inside, his heart was pounding fast. And as much he seems out going at the outside, he can’t help but feel the knots inside him.

“Shall we start now?” Chen whispered, in which Eunhee replied with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter