31

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed as I sat at the bench that was facing the river. Well… it’s not that close actually. But I still can see it. I really planned on going to sleep the whole day, but no, Eunhee and the boys just had to pull me out from the sheets and drag me to the bathroom. And an hour later, I ended up here, somewhere in our area outside the villa.

To be honest, I didn’t even know that there was a river near here. Well, the teachers did lock us up in the villa so we have no choice but to just roam around the villa only. It was plain boring because our area was limited, but happy at the same time because I will have lots of time to get some beauty sleep.

Yeah. I’m a koala. That’s what Wooyoung will usually call me whenever I don’t like to wake up when we were still little kids.

Wooyoung oppa… hmmm. I wonder how he is doing at the moment. I bet he already got himself a girlfriend already. Or maybe he’s still sticking with his college friends. Cih, that brother of mine is known as the most sociable person at his university. Girls had been chasing him all along but he has one eye on a certain someone. However, despite his sweet act to his crush, he acts like a total kid to me. Or mother at some time.

“Hey, Ahyoung.”

My thoughts were interrupted by someone’s voice. I turned my head and founded Jinki sitting next to me, his eye smile evident in his eyes as a grin was plastered in his lips. I smiled back and turned my head back to the view before I sighed once again. “Hi, oppa.”

Jinki cupped my face to face me to him and a frown was displayed in his lips. “What’s with the long face, dear?” he asked, and I saw his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

I shook my head. “I’m fine, oppa. Just sleepy,” a lie escaped my lips. Well, half of it is a lie. I’m sleepy, but I’m not the slightest fine either.

“You’re lying to me, Ahyoung. Your eyes say otherwise,” Jinki gave me a firm stare, and I sighed as I removed his hands from my cheeks. “Tell me, Ahyoungie. Oppa’s here to listen to your concerns.”

I chuckled. “It has been a long time since you called me that,” I pointed out.

“What? Ahyoungie?”

I nodded as an answer. His tone when he said that sounds cute.

“Ah, yes,” Jinki snapped his fingers. “Yes, I remembered that. I always called you that whenever those kids at middle school bully you and I asked for the whole story. It always works.”

Chuckling at his explanation, I turned my head again to the river. The blue water caught my interest all of a sudden.

“But why not now?” Jinki asked.

Silenced followed, but I broke it. “Maybe because I’ve grown up already,” I shrugged.

“I bet it still works,” Jinki asserted.

Lowering my head, I chuckled. “I think so too. But I don’t want to say it.”

“Ahyoung,” Jinki held my shoulder, making me raise my head and stare at him. “Tell me. You know very well that you’ll always feel better whenever you just pour it all out. I know you more than you knew, Ahyoung,” he softly said.

“Wooyoung knows better,” I added with a chuckle.

“Okay, maybe he knows more,” Jinki said sarcastically, making me laugh at his disappointed face. “But since he’s not here with you right now, you can just tell me and pour it all out. I’ll be his replacement in here.”

I sighed. I guess it is better to just let it all out. “It’s about Prince Charming.”

“Ooh, I knew it!”

“Jinki oppa!” I covered his mouth from his squeal. “Stop it, please. This is a different story!”

“Sorry,” Jinki sheepishly said before he sat back properly. “Prince Charming Kim Joonmyun, am I right?”

I gaped at him. “How did you know? I never told you about him!”

“Let’s just say I have my own ways,” Jinki gave me a smug look. “So what’s the problem with him? If I’m not wrong, you’re in good terms with him.”

Sighing, I closed my eyes slowly. “It’s not Suho that I have problems with. It’s I.”

“Yourself?”

I nodded. “Yeah. I have a problem with Prince Not So Charming right now.”

“Let me guess. You realized that you don’t like Suho-ssi,” Jinki pointed out.

I widened my eyes before turning my head at him. “H-how did you know? Jinki oppa, tell me who told you!” I gave him a glare as I pulled the collar of his shirt forward and backwards.

Jinki sighed as he held my arms and clasped it together. “I know it myself, Ahyoung. I can read you like how Wooyoung does. Though he is better,” Jinki muttered. “But nonetheless, I still can read you no matter how much you tried to hide it from everyone. Your eyes say it all. And I don’t have any resources. I just figured it out myself by the way you socialize w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter