33

So Much for a Fairytale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suho’s words earlier gave me an idea. I fished out my phone from my pocket and texted Xiumin.

Please meet me at the pond near the garden at 11. I’ll be waiting.

As I pressed the ‘send’ button, I immediately contemplated myself if I did the right thing. Did I? Suho did give me a push on trying it, so I’ll try.

I hope everything will turn out well.

 

The barbeque activity passed like a snap. All the teachers said that we are free tonight and they left us without a word. I’m guessing they’re having too much fun at here. I still can’t help but think that the teachers will gather together to a karaoke slash bar and get drunk. Okay, blame Wooyoung for giving me warnings. He’s like my mother sometimes.

I slipped away from Eunhee and EXO, not wanting them to know about my encounter with Xiumin (except Suho who knows) at 11 PM. I told Suho about my plan already, which he replied with a ‘Good luck!’ and a pinch at the bridge of my nose.

Never thought of this before, but who’s the kid right now? Me? Or Suho?

Nevermind.

Luckily I slipped away from them in time because the clock in my phone already displayed 10.57 PM. I don’t want him to arrive first since I’m the one who initiated the meeting. When I arrived, I sighed in content that Xiumin didn’t arrive yet, so I immediately sat at one of the rocks on the edge of the pond and hummed a tune.

It’s not like I’m only humming, I’m also thinking as well. Too many ‘what ifs’ are passing in my mind right now, and I felt my chest tightened at the negative thoughts. As much as I want to erase it, I can’t help but feel like that as well.

I realized that I was very late at realizing my feelings. My logic was saying Suho, but my heart was saying Xiumin. Those days when he made me blush unconsciously was the days where I always thought that Suho was the Prince Charming.

But apparently, my thoughts were wrong.

I was charmed by the Prince Not So Charming.

As cheesy and childish as this sounds, I can’t help but chuckle at my stupid me back then. How come I never thought of this before? Well, things do change as time passes by, so I think it’s normal for me.

“Lee Ahyoung-ssi?”

I turned my head and my eyes widened at Xiumin’s presence. He came. Xiumin did come.

Flustered, I stepped on the ground and fixed my clothing.

But I forgot to remember that I was standing at the edge of the pond until I felt myself stumbling backwards.

“Whoa there!”

I felt a pair of hands circling my wrist. And before I knew it, I was immediately pulled quite harshly; making me stumble forward, hitting something in the process.

As I opened my eyes, my jaw almost dropped at the position that Xiumin and I was in. Our faces were dangerously close to each other, making me blush

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter